Re: Holosync Sucks!
Interplay
Thread Starter: feral
Started: 07-22-2006 1:48 PM
Replies: 10

Forums » Integral Naked » Interplay » Re: Holosync Sucks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »
  22 Jul 2006, 1:48 PM
feral is not online. Last active: 7/25/2006 10:00:38 PM feral

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 375
Holosync Sucks!

Attachment: bill_harris.jpg
...actually the product itself is good...but the customer service is HORRIBLE.
Don't order this unless you have great intestinal fortitude and very deep pockets!

Even after paying almost 2,000 dollars down (yes, you read that right), they refuse to send you more than 1 level at a time...and even then, I've been waiting almost 2 months for my last order...and no sign of it yet. Oh, and I complained about all this and got a snarky and dismissive email from Bill Harris himself...go figure.

I hate this company. Like the product, hate the company. 'just sayin'...

When it's over, I want to say: all my life I was a bride married to amazement. I was a bridegroom, taking the world into my arms. - Mary Oliver

22 Jul 2006, 3:40 PM
Vortex is not online. Last active: 12/29/2006 11:17:53 PM Vortex

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 04-27-2006
Anywhere but here
Posts 42
Your not the first person I've heard say that Bill is unprofessional when people lodge complaints.

I have a couple of the CD's and they are good, BUT....There are other companies out there that offer similiar products for a VASTLY lesser amount of $$$. (Info for anyone else that might be tempted to try these type of products).

I've heard good things about the Insight and Focus CD's. If anyones interested, you can find them here: http://www.immrama.org/

Luckily, I didn't have to buy my set. A buddy of mine moved on to something else and gave me the CD's for free when I said I was interested in trying them.

22 Jul 2006, 5:13 PM
adastra is not online. Last active: 2/12/2008 7:23:49 PM adastra

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 1,291

...actually the product itself is good...but the customer service is HORRIBLE.
Don't order this unless you have great intestinal fortitude and very deep pockets!

Even after paying almost 2,000 dollars down (yes, you read that right), they refuse to send you more than 1 level at a time...and even then, I've been waiting almost 2 months for my last order...and no sign of it yet. Oh, and I complained about all this and got a snarky and dismissive email from Bill Harris himself...go figure.

I hate this company. Like the product, hate the company. 'just sayin'...

Ugh. That sounds abominable to me. I considered buying their product, but the seemingly unjustifiably hideous expense combined with the kind of marketing which may work for lots of folks but turns me off rather intensely combined to dissuade me.

One of the great things about the Internet is that, after dealing with a company in good faith, you can then offer public feedback like the above, for the possible benefit and edification of your fellow holons.  Ya just can't buy publicity like this, wheeeeeeeeeee!

Rhonda, the personal "snarky and dismissive" email from Bill Harris reminds me of the following exchange from Monty Python's Life of Brian:

Prisoner: You lucky bastard!
Brian: Who's that?
Prisoner: You lucky, lucky bastard!
Brian: What?
Prisoner: Probably the little jailies' pet, aren't we?
Brian: What do you mean?
Prisoner: You must have slipt him a few shekels, eh?
Brian: Slipt him a few shekels? You saw him spit in my face!
Prisoner: Oh, ohoh, what wouldn't I give to be spat at in the face? I sometimes hang awake at night, dreaming of being spat at
in the face.

ha ha, ho ho, and hee hee,
arthur

you've never seen everything \\\\|//// ( o o ) -o00o----(_)---o00o---

23 Jul 2006, 10:43 AM
jimtzu is not online. Last active: 10/23/2006 9:51:11 AM jimtzu

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 169
i would recommend  http://www.transparentcorp.com/ the neruo programmer for all your brainwave entraintment needs.  it's a versatile program that you can make your own sessions with. and the people running the co are very helpful as are the people on the forum.  you can even find out how to make your own holosync style sessions in there.

http://www.myspace.com/homecookinstudios ------------------------------------------------------ silence is the language of god, everything else is just a poor translation. FTK

23 Jul 2006, 11:21 AM
feral is not online. Last active: 7/25/2006 10:00:38 PM feral

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 375
Thanks Vortex and Jimtzu  Smile ...and thanks for the laugh, Arthur [8-|]

When it's over, I want to say: all my life I was a bride married to amazement. I was a bridegroom, taking the world into my arms. - Mary Oliver

24 Jul 2006, 8:19 PM
crystallake2 is not online. Last active: 7/4/2007 12:51:38 PM crystallake2

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 716
Hey, I hate to say it, you can throw in Integral Naked into the bunch. I haven't seen a new IN Premier shipment in my mailbox in a while. What are they doing with my money...smoking it?

Dan

How very noble! One who finds no satori in the lightening-flash - Basho

24 Jul 2006, 8:26 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 1,291
Hey, Dan - you should start another thread on the Suckiness of IN - this is the HOLOSYNC SUCKS thread!  Smile

Rhonda, what reason(s) did they give for not supplying the entire set that you have long since paid for?  (And to delay your latest set just seems to be adding insult to injury.)

arthur

25 Jul 2006, 9:28 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 716
Arthur,

I know we are trying to stay focused on the theme of the threads, not to hijack them. I don't think my comment is worth a thread, really. Maybe, in the Daily Yak.
And this is yet another diversion, damn. 

Dan

25 Jul 2006, 10:03 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 1,291
No big deal, I just didn't want a whole enormous trend of "IN sucks" posts happening here - I guess it was just an offhand comment.

Anyway, IN doesn't really suck.  Smile

arthur

25 Jul 2006, 1:00 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 716
Not that at all. I do not expect perfection from IN. Not into hero worship either. IN does need some healthy input from its members however where Wilber could let us chomp on our bits and give direct feedback on possible improvements. Regarding my issue, I'll email the powers that be directly, easy.

Now back to the Holosync show in progress.

Dan

26 Jul 2006, 9:51 AM
geomo is not online. Last active: 3/20/2007 6:17:17 AM geomo

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Fairfax, VA
Posts 32
Adastra wrote:
"Rhonda, what reason(s) did they give for not supplying the entire set that you have long since paid for?"

As an experimental user of Holosync, I can offer the typical Harris explanation and my experience.  If you buy the "deepest" CD, with the shortest wavelength carrier waves and binaural beats, you'll make yourself very, very sick.  Not like you'll get some incurable disease, but the amount of "work" that the CD will do on the nervous system will totally overload it.  I wasn't so sure about this claim, and I'm still not sure, but I do have some experience that might support it.

Each Level has sublevels.  The Levels are ever deepening binaural frequencies, and the sublevels are ever deepening carrier waves.  As an example, a binaural frequency can be 600-400 = 200 hz,   The carrier waves would be the 600 and 400 hz frequencies.  When you get a new level, you get three (or four?) sub-levels.  It's supposed to take about 4-6 months to go through each level, so maybe a month or so for each sublevel.  By the time you're done with a particular level, you are working with the lowest frequencies in terms of both binaural beat and carrier wave for that level.  It is supposed to take a bit of time for the nervous system to adjust to the sensory input and evolve to a higher order.  In the mean time, all the "re-wiring" has to be done.  If one is trying to do 6 months of rewiring all at once, it can be overwhelming.

I have bought and used a couple of levels.  Total outlay probably around $600 from me to Centrepointe so far.  I put it down for a while but decided to give it a try again.  For fun, I decided to try overloading by using the deepest sub-level of the level I am working with.  Guess what?  I felt like crap, and actually had some of the symptoms that Harris describes from his own experience doing similar experimentation:  depression, lethargy, diarrea (yikes!).  When I stopped, I felt better within a few days.  I just tried it again yesterday after being off it for a couple weeks.  Not feeling the depression today, but things are once again a bit runny;-)

Might just be a coincidence, but that's been my experience anyway.

Also, regarding the "Inner Circle" that requires one to plunk down a couple grand up front in order to save on the whole program, I think the marketing literature says that you can't just get all the CDs at once.  It makes sense from both a marketing and a clinical perspective.  If one knows that their product can be used in a way that causes serious, though temporary, side effects, then it seems irresponsible to not maintain some control over the timing of distribution.  Doctors don't give prescriptions and just say "take em all now and you'll be better tomorrow."  There is a protocol and it makes sense.  As for marketing, would you want someone to spend $2000 bucks, use your product incorrectly and make themselves miserable, then have them go online and post a thread on IN saying "Holosync Sucks?"

Maybe they do.  Caveat Emptor;-)

Peace

Keith

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Forums » Integral Naked » Interplay » Re: Holosync Sucks!