IN Gathering in Vancouver: June 7-13 2006
Embodied Practice
Thread Starter: adastra
Started: 01-17-2006 6:39 PM
Replies: 75

Forums » Integral Naked » Embodied Practice » IN Gathering in Vancouver: June 7-13 2006
« Previous Thread Next Thread »
  17 Jan 2006, 6:39 PM
adastra is not online. Last active: 3/27/2006 12:20:53 PM adastra

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 615
IN Gathering in Vancouver: June 7-13 2006

On the old forum I started a poll/thread proposing an Integral Naked Gathering in Vancouver in 2006.  This idea was enthusiastically embraced by a significant number of people, so it's happening, baby!

Robert Augustus Masters has agreed to do a special 1-day workshop for IN members who attend the gathering.

Additional activities are being planned, and there has been some discussion about accomodations (e.g. some people can crash at my place, and some people are making other arrangements).

I hope that many people will show up, the more the merrier.  Please post if you are definitely planning to attend, might, wish you could etc.  Contrary to what I was saying earlier in the thread, I don't think we will need to put a limit on how many people can show up - but it will be very helpful to know a while in advance how many people are likely to show up.

Further activities etc. will be planned on this thread. Please share any ideas here. Big Smile

arthur

you've never seen everything

17 Jan 2006, 8:05 PM
feral is online. Last active: 3/27/2006 2:50:44 PM feral

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 198
Re: IN Gathering in Vancouver: June 2006
You might want to reiterate the time frame...June 7th to 13th.

How about a picnic in Stanley Park.
How about some time at the beach? Spanish Bank? Wreck Beach for the daring?
Queen E Park and the Bloedel Conservatory?
A mass Vega screening at my Naturopath's office?
Walking on the seawall?
How about that cool mountain trail when they always have to rescue everybody? Wink (Grouse Grind trail?)
Or the Capilano suspension bridge?

All sorts of cool things to do.
And best of all...we get to do it with EACH OTHER!

17 Jan 2006, 8:44 PM
maryw is not online. Last active: 3/27/2006 2:06:44 PM maryw

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Southern California
Posts 226
Umm . . . . What's a Vega screening?

groove is in the heart

17 Jan 2006, 8:54 PM
tamgoddess is not online. Last active: 3/27/2006 9:15:22 AM tamgoddess

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Sacramento, CA
Posts 340

Attachment: vega.jpg
It's where they make sure you're not hiding any ugly cars from the 70's behind your trailer.

Liz

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so. Ford Prefect, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

17 Jan 2006, 8:57 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 198

Attachment: vega.jpg
Umm . . . . What's a Vega screening?

Take a look here, Mary. Arthur's been to my doctor's office with me and seen this done. Arthur, what did you think of it?

http://www.vancouvernaturopathicclinic.com/natural-health-testing-electrodermal-vega-testing.htm

Here's a picture of a Vega testing machine. Not as ooky spooky as it sounds.

18 Jan 2006, 7:53 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 615
You might want to reiterate the time frame...June 7th to 13th.

How about a picnic in Stanley Park.
How about some time at the beach? Spanish Bank? Wreck Beach for the daring?
Queen E Park and the Bloedel Conservatory?
A mass Vega screening at my Naturopath's office?
Walking on the seawall?
How about that cool mountain trail when they always have to rescue everybody? Wink (Grouse Grind trail?)
Or the Capilano suspension bridge?

Thanks for reiterating the time, good idea.  Your suggestions are all great.  We should definitely do the Grind - or those souls brave enough...you will never have a beer as sweet as the one you drink on the top of that mountain...

As for Wreck Beach, yeah let's show those wimpy Boulderites what Integral Naked is really all about!  I'd love to have a group shot of a bunch of us on that beach holding strategically placed Wilber books, lol.  Seriously, going to Wreck Beach is great body image therapy.  And it's clothing optional, so it's up to you how much or little you wear.

One thing to add for now - it would be really cool to eat at one (or both) of the revolving restaurants.  You get a fantastic view of the city.  The Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge is another possibility.  Maybe a show at the Planetarium.

People who need a reminder of why Vancouver is so wonderful might want to peruse this thread: Vancouver: An AQAL Paradise in the Making

arthur

18 Jan 2006, 7:57 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 615
Take a look here, Mary. Arthur's been to my doctor's office with me and seen this done. Arthur, what did you think of it?

I thought it was really cool and it was funny how you could skew the results, which people aren't supposed to be able to do.  If we go there, I want to go in that cool energy room for a few minutes as well, if possible.  What was that called? 

arthur

23 Jan 2006, 9:03 AM
jimw is not online. Last active: 3/26/2006 6:07:57 PM jimw

Top 25 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 79
I'd like to try and attend as well, not quite sure yet if that will happen

I have this vision coming up of regular regional gatherings, then perhaps a national and an international, all on regular cycles ... the smaller ones inform and feed the larger
This would be different than the weekends and whatnot that Integral Institute offers, which are in more of a teacher-student or organizer-participant mold
I'm thinking these gatherings would be more social, more driven by participants, community members, rather than an institution. 
Perhaps eventually participants would be given opportunities to share and present to the community; or to work on pieces together in groups that they present
These could be musical, theatric, artistic; pieces of writing; presentation of visions; guidance through integral spiritual practices, all kinds of things

Anyway, would be good to meet you all in person
Maybe we could do a hike to a mountain meadow overlooking the sea and have an integral vision circle together (no, not a drug thing!)

Jim

23 Jan 2006, 9:08 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 198
Anyway, would be good to meet you all in person
Maybe we could do a hike to a mountain meadow overlooking the sea and have an integral vision circle together (no, not a drug thing!)

Yes, come!  The hike and vision circle is a great idea.

23 Jan 2006, 3:40 PM
fu_pow is not online. Last active: 3/1/2006 3:02:04 PM fu_pow

Top 100 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 4
I might be up for something like that. I live in Seattle, it's only a couple hours away. Expect some lively debate.

E

23 Jan 2006, 7:18 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 615
Jim and Fu, thanks for your expressions of interest.  I hope you can make it!

I'm going to bring over relevant bits from the version of the thread on the old forum.  First, for historical interest, the final results of the poll I started that thread with are as follows:

2006 IN Meeting in Vancouver?

Yes, I'd love to.
  56% (14)
I'd like to but probably wouldn't be able to this summer.
  12% (3)
No way, man.
  8% (2)
Will you just shut the fuck up about Vancouver already?
  24% (6)

Total Votes : 25

As you can see, more than twice as many people would love to attend such a gathering as would like me to shut the fuck up about Vancouver already!  Wheeeeeeeeeeee!  Boy, do I feel vindicated!  Big SmileWink[^o)]

arthur

23 Jan 2006, 7:20 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 615
Feralicious says:

I'm in.

And remind people that American dollars go further in Canada.
And that Vancouver is a major hub and that seat sales/cheap flights
are a real possibility.

It's true - American dollars go much further in Canada.  Also worth noting: some Canadians will do almost anything for American dollars - at least, that's what I heard! Surprise

arthur

23 Jan 2006, 7:23 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 615
The Untamed One also offers the following suggestions:

If anybody who is coming was interested, I thought I might ask my naturopath (in Vancouver) to do a group introduction to Vega testing and some screening tests if anyone was interested. Let me know. We should go to Stanley Park too. And to Wreck Beach.

25 Jan 2006, 6:49 AM
windin is not online. Last active: 3/23/2006 7:57:52 AM windin

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 01-19-2006
Golden, CO
Posts 24
Good day, arthur and all...

I read through most of this current thread and part of the old one...is this being planned concurrent with the big whoop de doo World Peace Gathering up there, this year? I don't remember now when it is, or actually if I heard about it here, tho my best recollection is yes. I read stuff from all over. Yeesh, such a life.

I had friends that were at the gathering in chicago some years ago. It was phenomenal. And I got to hear a couple, well...one, cool behind the scenes story of some events. wow

I would love to visit y'all in Vancouver. Heck, anyplace they shoot x-files and stargate and atlantis's gotta be good for a gander...or two.

It would be sublimely joyful to contemplate for months meeting even a fraction of the souls who inhabit this, metamorphosing place.

It kinda feels like all the wannabes got washed outta tha class, and its left to us unlikely forumaties to swab the decks, now. Repair the mast, plan the parties, etc. You know, AQAL stuff.

My friends Tim and Mary Ann are cool people.

When we were together, no matter how much time had passed, what events were water under the bridge...

it wasn't
where we were
or what we were doing
it was
who
we
were
with

that imparted all the warm memories, truthful glances, and shared presence...
of something greater than ourselves
of which
we are
a
part.

much love,

dian
aka
sensalicious
ssshhhh...had snoopy family of origin members here...causing trouble back home, before the forum change.

"I have memories...of the future."MusicMusicMusic

There is an "invisible college" of scientists. We're setting down the things that any hypothesis will have to explain. When the solution does come, its going to be one HELL of a QUANTUM JUMP." J Allen Hynek

25 Jan 2006, 9:44 PM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-13-2006
Posts 615
Sure, Dian, the more the merrier.  It's not being planned as part of the WPF, although that is happening around the same time.  Various events are being planned, feel free to suggest something.  [^o)]

Robert Masters is giving a special one-day workshop for people attending the IN gathering (up to 8 people).  He sent me the description today. 

Breakthrough
A DAY OF DEEP HEALING & AWAKENING
FOR INTEGRAL NAKED MEMBERS

JUNE 10th, 2006
with
Robert Augustus Masters, Ph.D.
(assisted by Diane Bardwell)

The Situation:

You’ve done work on yourself and have benefited, but find certain issues surfacing again and again -- relationship hassles, insecurities, emotional difficulties, and so on. Now, more than ever, these are in your face (perhaps because you’re now ready to fully face them), asking for your undivided attention. And, quite possibly, also for a suitable setting, featuring both cutting-edge guidance and the company of others as committed as you to healing and awakening.

The Context:
You might think that these issues are blocking your path, but in reality they are part of your path, and need to be treated as such. All you have to do is stop turning away from them, stop trying to rise above them, and make the journey into and through them. This is not necessarily easy -- for if it was, you probably would’ve already done it -- but it can be done, leaving you more whole, more alive and present, more functional in every aspect of your life, allowing you to live a life as practical as it is liberating. This healing is what Breakthrough is all about.

About the Groupwork:

Breakthrough will be limited to 8 participants only, so that there is enough time for everyone to receive in-depth attention. The group will involve therapy (in its focus on personal history), and it will also involve much more than therapy, given its integral nature and intention. Deep letting go, psychodrama, and spiritual breakthroughs will flow in and out of each other during the group, in spontaneously apt ways. All emotions are welcome.

All kinds of issues and concerns -- from the deepest trauma to the seeming trivial -- will be dealt with, through a dynamic, creative mix of psychotherapy, bodywork, spiritual disciplines, dreamwork, and group practices. The atmosphere will be one of deep trust; the group will be a safe place to let go of being safe.

Participants will learn to become more intimate with all that they are -- dark and light, high and low, shallow and deep, neurotic and transcendent, dying and undying.

The structuring of the group will not be preset, but instead will arise in accordance with group and individual needs. Each participant will have an opportunity to work, in relevant detail and in sufficient depth, with his or her particular issues, and not necessarily just once in the group.

TUITION: CDN$275.00, plus GST. $100.00 deposit required.

LOCATION & TIME: White Rock, British Columbia, 10am to 6pm, June 10th, 2006.

Robert is a critically acclaimed author and highly experienced psychotherapist with a doctorate in Psychology, integrating mind, body, emotion, and spirituality in his work. His website is www.robertmasters.com.

Diane is an intuitive energy healer and Reiki master, using sound to deepen healing and well-being. She is a songwriter and professional singer, with a gift for accessing the Sacred through sound and song. See www.dianebardwell.com.

To register, contact Arthur at hugh_manatee@telus.net

Page 1 of 6 (76 items) 1 2 3 4 5 » ... Last »
Forums » Integral Naked » Embodied Practice » IN Gathering in Vancouver: June 7-13 2006