Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Institute Forums » Holons » Help with the next issue of HOLONS

Help with the next issue of HOLONS

Last post 12-06-2007, 11:07 AM by jondavi. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-09-2007, 8:36 PM 20416

• marco1 is not online. Last active: 02/11/2008, 3:01 PM marco1
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-26-2006
    • Longmont, CO
    • Posts 46
    • Points 171,075

Help with the next issue of HOLONS

Hi everyone,

I'm working on the next issue of Holons and it occurred to me that you could help me out.

While the theme of last month's issue was “Web 2.0,” this month we're going to focus on Integral Politics. There will be some introductory videos and texts (stuff available elsewhere, but repackaged for those who are new to Integral or who don't have a subscription to Integral Naked), as well as some special features, including a report from Terry Patten, senior trainer at I-I seminars, on his recent civilian diplomacy trip to Iran.

Here's where you can help. I'm looking for relevant news items, websites, and other internet artifacts for the sections “Top News Stories in all 4 Quadrants” and “Culture by Altitude.” Specifically, that means stories that primarily focus on one of the 4 quadrants, and websites, blogs, videos, or other media that have a center of gravity at a particular altitude (magenta through indigo).

I think it will only improve Holons to get more perspectives involved, so I'd really appreciate your help. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them here. However, I want to keep the focus of this thread on the upcoming Holons and not on any of the previous issues.

I look forward to your suggestions!

Thanks,
    Marco

Marco Morelli
    www.zoosphere.com
    • Post Points: 95
    • Report abuse
  •  03-09-2007, 10:31 PM 20419 in reply to 20246

Re: Help with the next issue of HOLONS

marco,

i recommend 'the end of faith' for expertly presenting a crippled orange interpretation of spirituality!?

best wishes,

ralph

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  03-10-2007, 12:53 AM 20422 in reply to 20246

Hey Marco,

How about the Infrared Political world-space of cats? Politics, of course, arises at different Kosmic Addresses and the cats' Politics enact I, We, It and Its; the feeling of a cat defending it's territory, the 'we' space between 'invader' and 'defender', the physiological responses of both cats in the 'it' and the systemic interactions (which the cats are unaware of, as Maturana and Vareal point out) shaping the cats behaviour in the its. Or similar could be done with a flock of geese flying together, as Ken goes into in the Exerpts.

For an Integral Politic in action please see Tony Blair, his political theorist Anthony Giddens designed the '3rd Way', which was a synthesis of Left and Right in a system that went beyond but included both as appropriate. Not surprisingly this flipped people out yet it has forced other parties to take more perspective over here in the UK, otherwise they are seen as simply not sophisticated enough!

smiles

Richard Munn

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  03-10-2007, 12:43 PM 20442 in reply to 20242

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-26-2006
    • Longmont, CO
    • Posts 46
    • Points 171,075

That's very funny! I recently got a dog, so I'm familiar with some of the inter-altitude issues that can arise... like why did Mooby pee on my meditation spot?

Thanks for the reference to the 3rd Way... Is Giddens still working with Blair, and to what degree do you think Blair has instituted some of his 3rd Way priniciples?

Marco

Marco Morelli
    www.zoosphere.com
    • Report abuse
  •  03-11-2007, 9:27 AM 20471 in reply to 20246

Hi Marco!  Did you happen to catch my post over in the discussion about Steve Pavlina's blog level whrer I offered my idea for a potentially more useful structure for Holons News?  It may be more than you have the power to implement right now, but it's something to consider, and may be useful in giving you some ideas...

Oh, and I'll keep an eye out for political news items, too.

Thanks!

Peace, Love, and Bicycles,
    Turtle
    • Report abuse
  •  03-11-2007, 10:58 AM 20475 in reply to 20242

I don't know if he's stll working with Blair however it does appear that New Labour are still going strong with implementing an apprach that includes both the political left and right (and so transcending them both). Tony made a great Teal + statement the other day "I don't disagree with him, it's just that . . . . " [to my mind it seemed he appreciated and understood his perspective but was about to add another twist]. I also hear that Tony has an Integral advisory board that he checks in with.

Yeah, animals are odd! I was writing recently about my cat and his 'we space' (was that what your dog was trying to create I wonder? he just mistranslated the word!) and that if he fights with another cat he knows he's not alone, he has a supportive community within a very short distance. He actually FEELS this when he feels threatened and behaves accordingly.

I hope to see you on the 13th for dinner!

Rich

• Report abuse
  •  03-11-2007, 11:16 AM 20477 in reply to 20241

Here're a couple of people and groups that might make for interesting and inspiring political coverage in Holons News:

Primarily Turquoise (All Quadrants All Levels...) :
    Small Planet Institute - covering healthy policy development and progress, particularly focusing on creating public policies for meeting the world's food needs in a sustainable way, but also covering broader spectrum of political movements towards more Integral.  She uses the term Living Democracy, rather than Integral, which she describes as the next stage after the philosophies of Democrat and Republican.  Her philosophy uses a very AQAL structure where policy creation is developed by respecting the reality of people being at different developmental stages and of different types, while also encouraging people to bring their top skills - based on the assets of their type as well as their highest line/s of development that they've made it to - to solving their own community's problems, more directly than we've been able to with the old type of government that relied on lengthy, and generally unproductive, debate for policy creation.  For her explanation of how she believes we can bring a Turquiose (fully AQAL) philosophy into politics, see her article called Time for Progressives to Grow Up.

Primarily Teal in all quadrants:
    Yes! magazine - working to bring a positive and Progressive outlook into what sometimes looks like a mean and evil world, through a systematic and flexible understanding of human behavior.  They also give a away free year's suscription of the print magazine to teachers, which is a wonderful resource for eductional leaders.

Primarily Orange in all quadrants:
    Ode magazine - bringing the knowledge of current social science to leadership (in business, government, and religion) in the hopes of creating a more sustainable world.  (There is a North-America-based version of this Dutch magazine available.) 

Primarily Blue in all quadrants
    Yestermorrow - a school that trains individuals in architecture, product design, urban/rural planning and development, and agriculture, focusing on teaching all-quadrant techniques for creating a useful and productive community and world.

Primarily Red (self-efficacy and power) in Upper Left quadrant (individual objective ideas) :
    TreeHugger.com's Convenient Truth's video contest - People made videos showing what they can do to keep their home healthy, and the public gets to vote on which videos are the most compelling and pragmatic.  (Note that voting by the public is happening now, and the final winners will be announced in late April.)

Ok, I'll stop now.  So many great things out there, it's hard to stop listing them!  But there's only so much space in the issue!

Thanks!
    -Turtle
    • Report abuse
  •  03-12-2007, 9:38 PM 20545 in reply to 20241

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-26-2006
    • Longmont, CO
    • Posts 46
    • Points 171,075

Yup, I saw that post. I'll have to think about just how one would do that. It gets complicated, depending on how you look at what a "level" is. For instance, some argue that once you reach a certain altitude (at least in certain lines) you can't go back to a previous altitude—unless you're massively regressing due to trauma or illness. The previous structures were transtional, not enduring, so you can't really be at two altitudes at once.

But if you look at certain enduring structures, such as the simple body/mind/spirit progression, then yes, even when you awaken mentally and spiritually, you don't stop existing at the bodily level—so in that case your suggestion would work.

I would actually argue for a much more radical reworking of Holons, mainly to make it more dynamic and participatory. However, at this point I only have a cluster of ideas, and it would take some time—and would need to fit into to the bigger scheme of things—to implement it.... So for this next issue at least, I'm still mainly looking for representative links at each altitude. Thanks for the suggestions in your other post!

Best,
    Marco

Marco Morelli
    www.zoosphere.com
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  03-13-2007, 8:11 AM 20564 in reply to 20245

It's not so much that an individual regresses back to a previous level, but that media can appeal to many different levels at the same time.  Also, different lines in each individual are at different levels at any given time.  For example even though my cognitive and values lines are probably in Second tier, my interpersonal and kinesthetic lines may not be, and definitely my needs line is way, way down in Infra-red a lot of the time.

(Actually, the needs line is one that definitely moves both up and down the spiral, which is why I suggest that it's not really a line.)

Anyway thanks for your response, and for working so hard to make Holons great!

Peace, Love, and Bicycles,
    Turtle
    • Report abuse
  •  03-13-2007, 2:00 PM 20579 in reply to 20246

Hi Marco:  Maybe you can use this later.   www.herondance.org    A group of simply delightful talented people who paint the most wonderful water colors and

sell gifts that are for the soul.  Their paintings are in the books and make the best gifts ever.  I got a calender that is a work of art for gifts for Christmas that was 12.00 and it is my favorite thing right now.  If you cannot afford the art you can frame some of the pictures on the calender after using.  There is also a quote on each month.  Quality, top notch.  I have and gave a book with Emerson's prose and poetry that has a watercolor Eagle on the front that makes me stop and pause, when I pass it on my library table.   I also like the Heron DAnce Book of Love and Gratitude.  St Francis  Prayer of Peace, Rumi etc.  Here is the last par. of a sample

......."From now on,no one will ever frighten or control me, no one will stop me from

living to the full and loving to the full, loving everyone I know and everyone I don't know, fighting for justice without seeing anyone as enemy.  David Dellinger,  from

Yale to Jail

• Report abuse
  •  03-13-2007, 5:39 PM 20586 in reply to 20245

Hey Marco,

On Integral Politics I'd like to throw out three book titles that are edging into tourquoise. The first is "Beyond Political Correctness" by Michael Cummings that includes material from all 4 quadrants and argues that the world is too complex for either conservatives or liberals to have the answer to everything. He blends a call for social justice with a call for personal responsibility, changing values and insitutions,  in areas such as ecology, crime and the economy. The second would be "The Two Percent Solution" by Mathew Miller which is primarily lower left and right, but which offers some creative policies  combining the best of liberal and conservative as does "The Radical Center" by Ted Halstead and Michael Lind. While there is much to like in the directions pointed at in these books there is no explicit inclusion of developmental waves.

Great topic, look forward to the issue.

Namaste,
    Harv

"(The) Practice of love is always available- and expressive of your deepest truth- right now."
    -David Deida
    • Report abuse
  •  03-18-2007, 7:47 PM 20848 in reply to 20246

Just realized you were looking for web links rather than books. For Matthew Miller, author of "The Two percent Solution" check out http://www.mattmilleronline.com/ and for the Radical Center see Ted Halstead and Michael Lind's  New America Foundation website http://www.newamerica.net/about/mission . Unfortunately Michael Cummings, author of "Beyond Political Corretness" doesn't maintain a web site.
    Namaste,
    Harv

"(The) Practice of love is always available- and expressive of your deepest truth- right now."
    -David Deida
    • Report abuse
  •  03-19-2007, 11:11 PM 20875 in reply to 20248

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-26-2006
    • Longmont, CO
    • Posts 46
    • Points 171,075

Interesting links. I'm checking them out now. The next Holons is already done; there are just a couple technical bugs we're ironing out. It went in a weird and interesting direction, I think, but it's definitely chock full of good stuff. It will be out sometime this week.

Best,
    Marco

Marco Morelli
    www.zoosphere.com
    • Report abuse
  •  03-20-2007, 3:00 AM 20876 in reply to 20246

hey marco!

thanks for starting this investigation.
    i'm s' ace and member of constellation integral politics in the netherlands ...

you are defining holons, i suppose 4 winged holons with a body to that?

we in the netherlands have a new government, somehow i got the idea they are touched by SDi, including a Kick of Ken ...

some of them might be open to get developing on human nature (after all).

the slogan of the new government is :

WORK TOGETHER & LIVE TOGETHER ...

(i have to check the sequence)

The point is that if people work together they have to stick to the paradigm that governs them while cooperating ...

The attitude of people is often that they stick to a hierarchical position on the paradigm of decision making ...

so my field of attention here is ... at what moments shift the field of cooperating and decision making?

the paradigm while cooperating may be guided by Equality and Integrity binding the organizational and enterprise cores; the Radiance and Intention binding giving the angles to the individual while performing his best act(s) and to those 4 the principle of Attunement.

well, guide me with your focus request while responding authentic as you can ...

;-)
    s' ace

"Through the 28::7 T-T cosmogenesis of time, merge your mind into the ever-evolving higher conciousness of time!

If there were not time, there would be no mind to become." - VV-Rinri-II
    • Report abuse
  •  04-07-2007, 11:16 AM 21511 in reply to 20246

I recently found out there is a movie about global warming that speaks directly to the amber/blue altitudes of awareness. Their website is www.thegreatwarming.com/. Here is a quick review of the movie.

That's where the evangelicals come in. With due respect to narrators Alanis                 Morissette and Keanu Reeves, the real star of "The Great Warming" is the Rev.         Richard Cizik of the National Assn. of Evangelicals. Cizik introduces the notion of     "creation care," a biblical brand of eco-activism, saying, "To harm this world by         environmental degradation is an offense against God." Although he acknowledges     that evangelicals tend to vote Republican en bloc, Cizik explicitly criticizes the Bush     administration for its inaction and holds out the tantalizing prospect that 30 million         American evangelicals could turn the Republican Party into a powerful force for         change.

It won't be easy. After Dr. J. Matthew Sleeth, the author of "Serve God, Save the     Planet: A Christian Call to Action," makes his case to a group of Christian teens,         one asks, "Don't the tree-huggers put nature above God?"

Although Cizik and Sleeth occupy only a small chunk of the film, their presence is     genuinely inspiring, as is the fact that the film has been embraced by the                     conservative culture warrior Philip Anschutz, who is distributing it via his Regal             Entertainment theater chain. It won't heal the red-state/blue-state schism, but "The      Great Warming" implicitly makes the case that, from a God's-eye perspective,         there is nothing that unites us like the health of the planet we share.

'The Great Warming'
    • Report abuse
Page 1 of 2 (17 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help