Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Feedback on Holosync

Last post 10-18-2007, 11:13 AM by johndupuy. 64 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (65 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-09-2006, 4:18 PM 3932

Feedback on Holosync

Hey out there...

was wondering if anyone else out there had tried the holosync system and if so, what kind of results were you seeing.  I am trying to comile some solids statistics for a project I am working on.

If you all have tried this and another system such as "hemi-sync" I would be interested in your feedback there as well.

I would say how I liked or disliked the program, but I am looking for untainted responses.

Thanks!!

Todd

Todd
  •  08-09-2006, 4:45 PM 3936 in reply to 3932

Re: Feedback on Holosync

I'd also ask for commentary on the customer service aspect - LL considerations are important!  In the Holosync Sucks! thread on the last version of the IN forum, Feral shared the following:

...actually the product itself is good...but the customer service is HORRIBLE.
    Don't order this unless you have great intestinal fortitude and very deep pockets!

Even after paying almost 2,000 dollars down (yes, you read that right), they refuse to send you more than 1 level at a time...and even then, I've been waiting almost 2 months for my last order...and no sign of it yet. Oh, and I complained about all this and got a snarky and dismissive email from Bill Harris himself...go figure.

I hate this company. Like the product, hate the company. 'just sayin'...
    550)this.width=550;if(this.height>550)this.height=550;" border=0> 

IIzaadz pod - http://pods.zaadz.com/ii - combines the best of I-I and zaadz. If you're turquoise and you know it, drop on by. :)

"You've never seen everything." - Bruce Cockburn
  •  08-09-2006, 6:54 PM 3950 in reply to 3936

Somebody gave me a copy of Hemisinc about ten years ago. I believe it was called "Focus 10". I used it for 6 months or so and haven't since then. If I remember correctly, there were results but it's been so long that I don't remember what the Focus 10's main purpose was.

After reading the above post on Holosync(which I didn't know existed) I ordered the first level out of curiosity. It should arrive in a few days.

Any publicity is good publicity, I suppose.

•  08-09-2006, 7:49 PM 3958 in reply to 3950

• maryw is not online. Last active: 12-02-2007, 1:05 AM maryw
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2006
    • southern California
    • Posts 422
    • Points 7,990

Here's something I posted on the pre-Cambrian (super-old) IN forum about Holosync:

I've been doing some form of meditation since 1993 (more on and off during the 90s and more consistently since 2024) and as an experiment decided to try Holosync's Awakening Prologue. My interest in it has to do with discovering ways for a wider variety of people to experience a meditative state. I've come across so many people who want to meditate but find it too difficult, or can only keep it up for a couple of months or so. My husband, for example, tried breath counting (on my suggestion) for 6 weeks. He initially found it relaxing, but it became too frustrating and too much of a chore after a month or so, thus he gave it up. My supervisor at work, who (like my husband) is a very active, constantly-in-motion type, is also averse to sitting in stillness, but was intrigued by the notion of listening to something on headphones that would actually put her in a state of meditation.

I was very, very wary of Holosync at first, largely because of the irritating way in which it’s marketed. But I decided to read up on it, and I talked with some people who used it and found it quite effective. While I was also a bit concerned about being a "cheater," I discovered that I could continue to do my own more traditionally-oriented meditative practice (centering prayer) while listening to the CDs.

The concern about "cheating," for me, is revealing. What is it in me that fears that I am cheating if I'm listening to a CD that alters my brain waves? It's the part of me that believes I need to put effort into meditation, that I need to be doing the work or else I'm somehow not being "authentic." Ironically, however, meditation is supposed to be an effortless method (at least the kind that I practice is). I am not supposed to really be working at it, because work implies that I am aiming for some kind of goal. Meditation is not about achieving goals or "winning", it's about being, and presence, and surrender, and consenting to the action of Spirit. So if there is technology that can actually enhance this attitude of consent, of "not having to work at it," why not use it? And if it can grant more people access to the effects of meditation, why not promote it? [BTW currently I feel more ambivalent about promoting or "selling" or even giving away meditation methods now that I'm reading KW's Integral Spirituality].

So I have been listening to the Awakening Prologue (while simultaneously doing centering prayer) for a couple of months now. What I noticed at first is that it made me feel the same way I felt when I first started meditating daily – a sense of expansion and relaxed energy. Also: vivid dreams with storylines that suggest I am processing stuff. I actually seemed to have a “breakthrough” dream recently. For several years I have had dreams of being “too large” to get into certain spaces, or of being locked out of or cut off from something. A couple of weeks ago I dreamed that I needed to get into a locked restaurant to retrieve something. I was able to find a back storage room that had a high crawlspace allowing access to the restaurant. Using a system of clothesline-like wires near the ceiling, I slid through the crawlspace and into the restaurant – a feat that had seemed impossible at the beginning of the dream. I’m intrigued by these dream-level developments.

I will probably try at least one additional Awakening level before drawing any final conclusions, but so far I’m impressed with Holosync. My main beef, as is true for many folks in this forum, I guess, is how it’s marketed, as well as the expense. The notion that Holosync offers you “your personal roadmap to success, happiness, and contentment,” smacks of new-agey profiteering . . . And yet it’s also true that Harris, in the book I’ve read of his (Thresholds of the Mind) asserts the importance of being spiritually awake, recognizing interconnectedness, and the Witness. It may be, as is implied in the Wilber-Harris talks here on IN, that the marketing is geared to appeal to people at “orange” on the SD spiral – the rational, individualistic types who might otherwise eschew spirituality and meditation. If this is true and if the marketing really does work in this way, Holosync is a contribution to evolution. I just wish it were more affordable, though.

A year and three months later, I'm on the second CD of Awakening Level One (the first level that includes subliminal affirmations recorded in your own voice) -- although I don't listen to it as consistently as I used to--wanting to do the centering prayer more often "on its own." But I do still use it a few days a week and I still dig it despite the sucky marketing. I'm starting to have occasional lucid dreams now, which I haven't had for about 20 years. And I especially like the new "Gamma Compassion" CD, which includes subliminal "loving kindness" affirmations chanted by monks ("May all sentient beings everywhere be well. May all sentient beings everywhere be happy. May all sentient beings everywhere be free from suffering . . . ") embedded into ocean sounds.

Here's a link to the rest of that old thread: Holosync CDs.

Ciao for now,

Mary

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
    There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

~Rumi
  •  08-10-2006, 1:40 PM 4052 in reply to 3958

I am currently on Awakening Level 3 and have been using Holosynch for roughly 18 months.  The sequentially deeper carrier signals do seem to have, at least to my UL experience, real power.  I find that use of the Holosynch technology has had a mutually reinforcing relationship with my shamatha practice, manifesting in greater ease in general in my life as well as swifter movement into deeper meditative states of consciousness and presence.  I tend to use the Holosynch separate from my shamatha/vipashyana sitting, but do on occasion combine them in simultaneous practice.

I fully agree with previous posts regarding the "marketing" aspect of Mr. Harris' organization.  It is annoying at best, and unfortunately the emails from the organization have been relegated to my spam file since it is mostly entreating me to seek everything material as some aspect of happiness.  That aspect, once relegated to said spam file remains as a faint memory and does not detract from the actual product.

I also use the Gamma Wave Compassion CD and find it works well as a prelude to practicing maitri, tonglen or in my business life when I'm going to meet with groups, I sit first with the Compassion CD and it opens me to "hear" more from other perspectives and remain open to a greater degree.  

Blessings,

Michael  

I had nothing but myself with which to create the world;
    Out of myself the world was made.
    E.J. Gold, 1978
  •  08-11-2006, 3:52 AM 4060 in reply to 4052

• ats is not online. Last active: 08-05-2007, 1:07 AM ats
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-17-2006
    • Honolulu, Hawaii
    • Posts 159
    • Points 3,210

Just remember that it takes an hour to listen to the CD.  That's a long time.  I used it instead of a more traditional meditation for a few years, beacuse I didn't have the time or will to do more.  I believe I could have progressed much farther if I had used the same hours doing traditional meditation.  I do not believe it can be used to replace meditation.  I haven't been progressing as well as the hype he promises.  Nothing should bother me by now.  I should be perfectly ok with myself by now.

It was only after I started seriously spending time meditating traditionally that I really felt I was spiritually progressing.  The 123 practice in the ILP kit allowed for a fundamental shift for me.  The ILP kit was much more profound a product by far.

I look at Centerpointe as more of a way to fall asleep every night with, so I don't stay up all night with insomnia.  It does a great job at that, giving me a reliable one hour rythm to follow each night.

myspace.com/zentaimusic
  •  08-11-2006, 6:59 AM 4068 in reply to 4060

I've been doing Holosync for 4,5 years now and I'm very happy with the results. It has healed a lot of emotional stuff for me, my creativity as a dancer has improved considerably, and I seem to be able to access different internal states more easily. That said I think it's important to view Holosync as a tool, no more no less. It definitely speeds up my personal growth and evolution of consciousness, but I still have to face myself every step of the way. Haven't tried Hemisync, so I can't help you there. For me the core of Holosync is the successive lowering of the carrier frequencies of the binaural beats, so any program that does not offer that would be less interesting to me.
  •  08-11-2006, 8:23 AM 4082 in reply to 3932

I have been using Holosync daily as part of my ILP for about two Years.
    The only effects i can report seem to be a subtler and subtler abilty to "witness" my self and catch my ego when its up to something (ie most of the time).
    I cant compare these effects obviousley to what would happen if i was just doing traditional meditation.
    i did do the on line reality/success solution course which i found really usefull.

I too dislike the way they market its very "old school."

Steve
  •  08-11-2006, 9:35 AM 4085 in reply to 3932

My wife and I have been using Holosync since December of last year.  We're in the middle of Awakening Level 1, about to switch to the third CD in the series for that Level.  Right away, I noticed needing to sleep about an hour to an hour and a half less each night.  I also have noticed that I am progressively more able to center myself in what occurs like a witnessing state on my own, without the CD.  Additionally, I resolved some shadow stuff that had been hanging around for a long time within a few months of beginning.  So, I would say that it has had some profound impacts in my UL experience as well as some definite and noticable impacts in the UR as well. 
    One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time. --Andre Gide

Hope is as hollow as fear. --Lao-tzu
  •  08-11-2006, 11:44 AM 4105 in reply to 4085

As far as I have understood, the trick of these CDs are playing a continous tone with different frequency in each ear. Fortunately, if money is an issue, there is a semifree shareware program that let you generate such frequencies yourself. Check it out here

I think the first CDs in the Holosync program start with 140Hz or something, and working its way towards lower frequencies as the levels advance.

•  08-11-2006, 12:43 PM 4112 in reply to 4060

I look at Centerpointe as more of a way to fall asleep every night with, so I don't stay up all night with insomnia.  It does a great job at that, giving me a reliable one hour rythm to follow each night.

This is how I use it as well.  Does anyone else use it in this manner?  

arthur

IIzaadz pod - http://pods.zaadz.com/ii - combines the best of I-I and zaadz. If you're turquoise and you know it, drop on by. :)

"You've never seen everything." - Bruce Cockburn
  •  08-11-2006, 3:51 PM 4128 in reply to 4112

Arthur,

I often use it this way as well, the gradual dive into delta waves set me off on a very blissful sleep.

Then I usually get up about 2-3 am (old man's bladder) and do a 30 minute shamatha sit.

Blessings,

Michael

E.J. Gold, 1978
  •  08-11-2006, 8:08 PM 4141 in reply to 3932

• markb is not online. Last active: 10-13-2007, 9:52 PM markb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-21-2006
    • Santa Barbara, CA
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

I've used Holosync for 20 months now, very regularly, first thing in the morning.  I'm now using Awakening level 3.  I use it in conjunction with shamata meditation.  Subjectively, there has been a profound deepening of experience in genreal (I guess that is the best way I can express it), for the most part quite gradual, but (if memory serves) really quite astounding compared to 20 months ago.  I notice the deepening all the time, from my yoga practice (which follows the daily meditation), where I am far more present in my body than ever before, to moving through activities of the day, where there is now more watching of reactions in social contexts, compared to being the reactions, in the past.  There is a sense of spaciousness, plus a decrease in fear.

I must add, that it seems challenging to articulate meaningful responses to this question, especially since these words can convey so little, to people who don't know me and can't see me speaking and can't hear me speak.

My domestic partner just said that he feels I am more communicative, more open, and more physical, in these past 20 months (a SOMEWHAT objective view!).  Plus, he adds, my penis has grown larger!  (So there, Bill Harris, that comment should be worth a commission, don't you think?!)

Coming from a scientific education, the whole approach makes sense to me.  I would love to see more EEGs and PET scans of before and after months of Holosync.  But, I don't need that to be quite clear about my intention to continue with it.

I'm glad for the question.  It is interesting to read others' responses.

Mark Benson
  •  08-24-2006, 1:58 PM 5229 in reply to 4141

Thanks to all for your responses.  I wanted to wait long enough to see ehat kind of replies I would get before I wrapped it up.  (though by no means does the conversatin have to end here)

I myself have been using holosync for the last three years.  I have a tendnecy of doing at it pretyy hard core then slacking off (Doah!) and for awhile I tried to use it when I was trying to focus on a project (via the computer - program development, reading, what not) wanted to see if it would have the same effect.  While some affect did occur, I am sure it was not as good as when I used the cd's during my meditation practice.  I did notice though that many funny things and a few unpleasant emotions would definately bubble to the surface once in awhile.  (like my eyes feeling twitchy or becoming irrated for no apparent reason while meditating - more so than what might just occur during a breating exercise)

I believe there was a common concensus that these cd's do work and if I can get the clearance from holosync and local investors, I am planning on running a study to investigate further.  I do run a health education a wellness center and am always looking for solid ways for people to get the best results - both with traditional practices and actual products) and just wanted to get a reading before I recommended holosync to those who visited the center.

If you all don't mind - I would bery much like to print out what you have written or at least summarize the info to give an objective overview before they purchase these products.

As for the cheesy - pushy - ads....  well yes, I agree - I do find it annoying, but no more than orbit gum, old navy, or mentos... (who advertising tactics, it seems, worked, eh hemm....)

As for the customer service - it is unfortunate  that some have had a problem there.  They have been very quick to respond and quite kind when I have called.  Though I only buy a level at a time.  I can definately see how it may be annoying, but I would wonder why they would be so hesitant to hold back.  I thought they disclosed up front that they would not send all at once so that you would not run off and listen to them all with in a month.  Supposedly - this could cause great bliss and yet huge pitfalls and breakdowns as well. Never wanted to buy that far ahead since it was always in the back of my head 0 what if they go out of business before I get my product? (which may be why you wanted it all at once)  If ya bought it, wanted it, though - they should have just given it since, well, it IS yours?!?!

Thank all, again for your comments.  They were quite helpful.  Right down to the "am I cheating" part.

Todd

Todd
  •  08-24-2006, 2:37 PM 5231 in reply to 5229

No worries....feel free to use mine.

Michael

E.J. Gold, 1978
Page 1 of 5 (65 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help