Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Top 10 signs of Integral Junkies

Last post 07-29-2007, 10:19 AM by Mascha. 45 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (46 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-26-2006, 8:17 PM 12717 in reply to 12716

Re: Top 10 signs of Integral Junkies

Mark,

It's true. We haven't been on topic.

However, I do note that the original poster said the post was made to "lighten things up a bit".

That in and of itself lends the thread to a bit of playfulness, yes?

Avoiding? The only thing I was avoiding today was my boss.

Wink [;)]
    In a black and white picture....there's a lot of grey junk
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  10-26-2006, 8:29 PM 12719 in reply to 12717

Thanks Vortex,

I was playing too, and I just noticed that you've tipped me just over 1000 points.

That may be the 12th item in evidence of integral junkiedom.

MarkD

Just enough enlightenment for this time around, please.
    • Report abuse
  •  10-26-2006, 8:40 PM 12720 in reply to 12719

LOL.

Big Smile [:D]
    In a black and white picture....there's a lot of grey junk
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  10-26-2006, 9:26 PM 12726 in reply to 12715

Mascha:
    Btw. where is Yotam? He hasn't written anything lately. I want more Yotam. Gimme my yschachter fix. Please Ken, let his nimble fingers do that AQAL posty thing again! I miss him so, bwaahoohaa. O Yotam, Yotam, thou art sorely missed. Bereft - M

Yotam is back at school in the good ol' windy city. I imagine he's busy or he'd at least drop by to say g'day, or maybe we have corrupted and frightened the poor boy.

On another note, does having endless printed up loose leaf texts all over your house all out of order and about half a dozen books (which change daily) at various stages of read count for junkiedom?

"With whom or with what are you in communion at this moment?"
    . . ."I?" he replied, almost mechanically. "Why not with anyone or anything."
    "You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Report abuse
  •  10-26-2006, 9:39 PM 12729 in reply to 12726

Thanks for the link, Tim. So I listened to Yotam talking to Ken *again*, and that was great.

timelody:

On another note, does having endless printed up loose leaf texts all over your house all out of order and about half a dozen books (which change daily) at various stages of read count for junkiedom?

Whaddaya mean? Doesn't everyone??

Hm. Note to self: Need to get out more. See how other people live.

xoxox - M
    • Report abuse
  •  10-27-2006, 12:29 AM 12736 in reply to 12716

Absolutely right Mark, and I may be one of the guilty parties. Fell free to send Yotam round to my house, I'll make him welcomeBig Smile [:D]

OK

What makes an integral junkie.

I sat at a management team meeting yesterday where we were brainstorming our Performance Development Review Criteria (which we theoretically do with all staff 6 monthly).

As happens with these things, we ended up with a huge list and started trying to put similar things together in "themes".

I could see 4 categories, it just seemed so damn obvious.

Upper left - Knowledge, skills abilities, all the personal developmental bit.

Upper right- Evidence of competence-reports, assessments, documented success in carrying out various processes.

Lower left- Relationships-with service users, with colleagues and across multi disciplinary boundaries.

Lower right. Understanding of protocols, procedures, legislation-the whole wider framework that encompasses our work.

I manage Social Workers, but something similar would probably work in a range of settings. Staff development goals then would, reasonably, be something from each area. It was also be easier to see if one area of development was behind the others.

Wonder if it will ever get further than the 4 quadrant map now in my note pad?

Does this qualify me as an integral junkie?

Liz.

• Report abuse
  •  10-27-2006, 2:27 AM 12740 in reply to 12736

tiki:

Does this qualify me as an integral junkie?

Liz.

Most definitely. And there are (this goes without saying I hope) different types of integral junkies. Your behavior would fit that of the constructive integral junkie. Or maybe this is a stage who knows.

11. Analyzing your own integral junkie top ten list using AQAL

http://pelle.zaadz.com/
    http://malmointegral.blogspot.com/
    • Report abuse
  •  10-27-2006, 6:54 AM 12753 in reply to 12740

Liz, I think that makes you what is known to experts as a "functioning integral junkie": you can still do your work, but nobody knows you're all quadrivied-up all the time.Wink [;)]

Other signs of varying stages of integral-junkiedom:

• Your friends and family are constantly saying "you've changed."Indifferent [:|]
    • You often find yourself going out of the way to drive past the barber shop, and sometimes just sit across the street in your car and stare . . .Confused [*-)]
    • Your grades at school have suddenly gone from D's and F's to A+, A+, A+
    • When you drove through Denver the last time you kept wondering if every bald guy you saw was Ken Wilber, out for a stroll.
    • You are constantly considering whether your socio-cultural holons are healthy and self-organizing in a worthwhile manner.

The most serious sign of integral-junkiedom, indicating intervention may be necessary:

• your I-I membership is paid for by blow jobs given on the street, and the rest of the money you use to pre-order the latest Ken Wilber books.

If you or someone you know is suffering from these symptoms, please contact this thread.

There's isn't any help, but we'd certainly enjoy hearing of your cracked up escapades.Drinks [D]

"You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Report abuse
  •  10-27-2006, 8:37 AM 12761 in reply to 12753

lol Tim, now I remember why I need to keep working for a salary. It's for my I-I membership and KW books.

Though you might be interested in the concept of the public library-I'm sure if you tell them the straits to which you've been reduced they'll order the books for you!Stick out tongue [:P]

(Running to hide)

Liz

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  10-27-2006, 9:08 AM 12766 in reply to 12761

text deleted
    • Report abuse
  •  10-27-2006, 9:36 AM 12771 in reply to 12761

tiki:

-I'm sure if you tell them the straits to which you've been reduced they'll order the books for you!Stick out tongue [:P]

Or . . . what a great idea for starting a "very special kind of library." Stick out tongue [:P]

(Where are you hiding. I'm coming with you.)

-Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Report abuse
  •  10-27-2006, 10:03 AM 12773 in reply to 12771

Oh you two can run, but you can't hide.

There's not a corner in the manifest world not included by AQAL

Bwoahahah Devil [6]

http://pelle.zaadz.com/
    http://malmointegral.blogspot.com/
    • Report abuse
  •  07-26-2007, 12:28 PM 26407 in reply to 12773

I confess, I have become an integral forum junkie. BAD, bad, bad, it's true. But it's not just any old forum, only those populated by all the guys and gals who used to drop in here constantly and many new ones who came after the exodus, too.

I-I zaadz is down today, defunct since last night PST. Withdrawal symptoms fluctuate between mild and severe. I want to find out who wrote something so incredibly insightful, it should be published, plastered all over town and taught in schools everywhere. Did someone drop some heinously incongruent, unintegral boogers some place last night? Well, I'll have to wait to find out, won't I? Not good. People close to me joke about my affliction. Have you been talking to your imaginary friends again, they ask in a certain tone. Uhh, yes, I admit, and let me tell ya, those guys and gals are amazing. At least they are amazing me, and who wouldn't like that in a bunch of total strangers (some of whom I feel I know better than they know themselves in certain respects in my weaker moments of unbridled presumptousness) ?

Let's look at No. 5 in Pelle's original post as well:

5. Any first-tier person correctly calling you on your shit will be met by a fake smile and an ice cold "you're simply not on my level of consciousness.

Or the online equivalent of it. Guilty. Ouch. Nice to know I'm not alone, though...

In sickness and in health, till server malfunctions do us part,

I hope you're doing well, and I miss ya,

your Mascha

• Report abuse
  •  07-26-2007, 2:16 PM 26409 in reply to 26407

Hey M, miss you too.

David

Also thought long and hard of shaving my head. By the time anyone sees a picture of me it might be the case. :) The other day it seemed to me that it would feel really good having a shaved head or at least a real buzz cut. I may be getting close.

• Report abuse
  •  07-26-2007, 2:37 PM 26412 in reply to 26409

No, no, don't do it! Real men wear long hair.

What's up with everybody wanting to look like an emoticon  The image “<a href=http://www.1000smilies.com/babysitting.gif&rdquo; cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.">     these days?

Step away from the keyboard before those smilies are getting to you, people.

M

• Report abuse
Page 2 of 4 (46 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help