Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

First Post

Last post 08-02-2006, 6:44 PM by maxresonance. 22 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (23 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-25-2006, 1:46 PM 1969 in reply to 1959

Re: First Post

If you press ctrl + a as soon as the page is done loading, it looks just like IN
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  07-25-2006, 3:52 PM 1979 in reply to 1959

tamgoddess:
    Yeah, Tim, there HAS to be a way Left Hug [{]LouisRight Hug [}] could read the screen without pain.Angry [:@]

Sad [:(]

Liz

Does Corey even like it? His Myspace page is dark like an opium den. All the artists and this is what they come up with? 

The old look is merciful to everybody's eyes and it's beautiful. I want to know what all of you feel about it. Liz? Tim? Arthur? Casey?

A man's attitude... a man's attitude goes some ways... The way his life will be. Is that somethin' you agree with? ~ The Cowboy
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  07-25-2006, 7:04 PM 1999 in reply to 1979

• ats is not online. Last active: 08-27-2006, 8:21 AM ats
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-17-2006
    • Honolulu, Hawaii
    • Posts 34
    • Points 760

I'm purty sure you can customize Microsoft Internet Explorer.  You have to tell it to disregard page colors or some doohicky, and tell it what colors to use.  Or maybe it has to do with that accessibility thingy in (control panel?), where you can make the letters real big.  I've seen it somewhere.  Dam Microsoft is so unintuitive.  You can probably do it in Mozilla too.  You just gotta do some research or poking around.
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  07-25-2006, 10:37 PM 2036 in reply to 1979

Wow, after four years of endless emails complaining about our light font on dark screens, this is the last complaint i thought i would come across!!

Here's our tech guru Alden's response:

You can create a custom CSS that inverts the colors and formats CS any way this person wants.  He needs to install the CSS in his browser under accessibility settings and it will get applied to our CS, overriding the default look.  Hell, he can even get reader software to read the posts to him.  There are lots of great options available to someone with disabilities on a modern web site.

I am still working to translate that for y'all....

In the meantime, i actually think Mr. Yotam Schachter's ridiculously hilarious suggestion of pressing ctrl-a is a pretty good idea!

As for what my opium-riddled brain thinks, the white backgrounds are definitely a stark contrast to the rest of the site - but i do think this forum is a lot cleaner looking (a LOT....) not to mention that the thing actually WORKS!  Also, i just love seeing the IN forums right along side the other I-I forums, all in one place, everyone under the same umbrella.  Not to mention the profile and blogging options--i look forward to getting to know more about all of you.

Louis, how do you manage on the rest of the internet, since black-on-white is pretty much the standard?  Google must be enough to give you an aneurysm!

Corey W. deVos (dj rekluse)
    Brand Manager, Integral Naked
    Audio Manager, Integral Institute
    Managing Editor, KenWilber.com
  •  07-25-2006, 10:58 PM 2037 in reply to 2036

I will not miss the black background. MY eyes found it an incredible strain and limited my interaction on threads with lots of text (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). But then, I'm old.

But I want Louis around....can you perhaps wear sunglasses? I'm only being half-facaetious---some kind of colored mylar overlay for your screen that would turn down the background glare? (Yes, I'm an engineer, I solve problems, I don't offer sympathy. But I'm getting better).

Hugs to you, Louis. Hang in there. Broken Heart [U]

All of my thoughts, like junkyard dogs, guarding scraps of nothing......
    Bird York
    • Report abuse
  •  07-26-2006, 1:45 PM 2093 in reply to 2036

inmanagingeditor:

i actually think Mr. Yotam Schachter's ridiculously hilarious suggestion of pressing ctrl-a is a pretty good idea!

Louis, how do you manage on the rest of the internet, since black-on-white is pretty much the standard?  Google must be enough to give you an aneurysm!

hey that's the first time Corey spoke to me Big Smile [:D] it's about time bro. as for ctrl-a...that only darkens the words and i'm still left snow-blind by the blizzard around it. as for the rest of the internet it kills my eyes.
    at myspace i think of it like millions of living-rooms, and how would we like to keep our room? purple is impossible and i don't paint my walls with it ever, it would make it unbearable for everyone to look at. the highest self does consider everybody. colors and photos don't show as nicely on a white background. no reason this forum can't be aesthetically pleasing and serve the highest good.

thank you,
    Louis

A man's attitude... a man's attitude goes some ways... The way his life will be. Is that somethin' you agree with? ~ The Cowboy
    • Report abuse
  •  08-02-2006, 6:41 PM 2978 in reply to 1969

• maxresonance is not online. Last active: 08-23-2006, 10:49 AM maxresonance
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-02-2006
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 3
    • Points 15

Actually it's my THIRD post in various topics, none of which I seem to be able to find my way back to. Are there _two_ sets of forums - one in Naked and one elsewhere?
    Also my profile and photo seems to have dissolved. How neat!  Free at last!

Is there any way I can backtrack to my postings and see where they are?

• Report abuse
  •  08-02-2006, 6:44 PM 2979 in reply to 2978

• maxresonance is not online. Last active: 08-23-2006, 10:49 AM maxresonance
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-02-2006
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 3
    • Points 15

Ah - okay - I see my # of posts listed on the left. Funny than a much earlier one doesn't show...
    No matter. . .  the future sings in the rigging...

• Report abuse
Page 2 of 2 (23 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2006. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help