Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Renaming Seventh Circle

Last post 08-24-2006, 11:54 PM by LIghtfield. 57 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (58 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-30-2006, 10:26 AM 2440 in reply to 2436

Re: Renaming Seventh Circle

Friendships made at Integral Naked.

Friendships tattered and broken here in the 7th circle?

Does this mean that PI can join in again (at least here in the 7th circle)?

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 10:28 AM 2442 in reply to 2436

tamgoddess:
    I see your point, and disagree. Really, there's nothing here, swearing-wise, that isn't ubiquitous elsewhere in the media and on the street. Sometimes the right word is f*ck or sh*t or whatever.

Exactly, but is what is in the media and on the street coming from the highest self?

Um, no.

Also, I am more than aware that *** and *** are at times the exactly appropriate words, with all of the potential power they convey, even mystically. In that instance it would be a positive power, or Eros.

But there is also a negative power that is nothing but useless (am I spelling this right?) Thanatos.

What is I called you a c * * t just now?

Seriously. What is your deepest reaction to that?

Tim

What you see is what you get, What you get is what you see,
    Don't see it? Don't get it. Don't get it? Don't see it.
    What you see is what you get.
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 10:30 AM 2443 in reply to 2442

What ever happened to Buddhaclown?
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 10:31 AM 2444 in reply to 2443

• Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 10:35 AM 2445 in reply to 2442

Sorry, also meant to say, or rather repeat that the mind fills in the **** anyway. So why not show a little respect for others who might find it offensive in bold print and unaltered? And again, I remind you, despite the fact that I am a whole hearted *** and *** and curse word user, I was unsure whether I should enter the IN forum due to the fact that I might be unnecessarily pulling myself into a sick vortex of samsara.

Also, interesting to note about being a whole hearted *** and *** and curse word user - most people who know me think I am not. They literally gasp in surprise to hear such words come out of my mouth.

It all has to do with appropriate context and some sort of respect for social acceptability.

Where again I say, *** the media on this.

What you see is what you get, What you get is what you see,
    Don't see it? Don't get it. Don't get it? Don't see it.
    What you see is what you get.
    • Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 10:36 AM 2446 in reply to 2445

No edit function in the seventh circle?

Playing hardball I see!

• Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 10:59 AM 2447 in reply to 2446

Tongue Tied [:S] Re: Renaming Seventh Circle

And why is there a "report abuse" link in a forum where abuse is acceptable?
    • Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 11:57 AM 2449 in reply to 2442

• concomitance is not online. Last active: 08-19-2006, 1:18 PM concomitance
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-21-2006
    • Posts 4
    • Points 35

Exactly, but is what is in the media and on the street coming from the highest self?

Does my occasional use of f*ck, d*mn, sh*t imply that I'm not speaking from my highest self?

I suspect that the googleability of things will certainly have to be taken into consideration.... However, if the structure of II tries to manage things too tightly (or too lightly) thwarted intentions will arise and cause issues.  I wonder if there's an ability to create opt-in forums that can't be googled?  These forums could house the more scandalous conversations that would alarm the less evolved folk....but, isn't it precisely these conversations that will cause some transformation? 

I suppose that's one of the dilemmas......

-p

p.s. Just for good measure and to honor this forum: sh*t, f*ck, d*mn. ;)

.truth&beauty...start.to.sway.;
    .under.heavy.burden.we've.thrown.its.way.
    • Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 12:54 PM 2452 in reply to 2136

Corey, Corey, Corey.....

I read your Bio - you miraculous ***.....!!

My first post on this forum regarding; "Renaming Seventh Circle" was in the "Irish" Spirit.... "Is this a private fight or can anybody get into it"? So, of course I had to contribute some further bullshit to the endless conversation brought on by the critics - Fankly I don't give a damn what you call this forum - I'm just happy you created it at all!! Of course, what else should I expect from such talented Kosmic Souls?....Nothing less than the ALL baby.... Hey...."I'm just a soul who's been searching for good, oh Lord please don't let me be misunderstood"...

In regards to, "throwing down and stepping outside" - It sounds like a lot of work to me, so I'd rather stay inside and buy you a beer, Man.....But if you insist - it's either Deadwood at dawn or Tombstone at 10:00, You decide, I got places to go and people to see....

P.S. to ALL.... Remember the "Light" side of the Shadow....The creative elixer of some of the most profound states and works of ALL the arts - "Drink deep the gathering gloom and watch lights fade from yonder room"....

Best Regards to ALL,

Justin

The First And Foremost Wonder in This World Is the Thought, "I Am Different From God!" There Is No Greater Wonder Than This.

Ramana Marharshi
    • Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 2:14 PM 2457 in reply to 2452

LOL that's cool justin, my whole "step outside" thing was in the spirit of this forum.  i'd much rather have a beer than get my ass kicked =)

Language filter will soon be a thing of the past.  I hate it.  There are no taboos in an integral forum.  Besides goatse.  That should be taboo everywhere.

And just to clarify--even though we are in the hellrealm of I-I forums, there should be a modicum of decency to be expected here.  No outright abuse, people, that's why we've kept the "report abuse" link.  Except of course Timelody.  Feel free to *** with him however you deem appropriate. Stick out tongue [:P]

Corey W. deVos (dj rekluse)
    Brand Manager, Integral Naked
    Audio Manager, Integral Institute
    Managing Editor, KenWilber.com
  •  07-30-2006, 2:23 PM 2459 in reply to 2433

Tim, the Google toolbar has a built-in spell checker that's works nicely.

Look at here if you're interested:

http://toolbar.google.com/T4/

• Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 2:45 PM 2463 in reply to 2443

crystallake2:
    What ever happened to Buddhaclown?

Missing and presumed dead.  Much sadness.

arthur

"Dwell in possibility" - Emily Dickinson
    • Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 3:21 PM 2466 in reply to 2457

Corey,

No explanations required - I was with you every step of the way, and I'm also just having some fun in the spirit of this forum....

Keep on Keeping on....

Justin

The First And Foremost Wonder in This World Is the Thought, "I Am Different From God!" There Is No Greater Wonder Than This.

Ramana Marharshi
    • Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 4:29 PM 2477 in reply to 2466

Tim-my reaction to being called a c*nt here by you is pretty much none, because I know you and trust you. I think you're being a prissy little tw*t, myself, LOL! God, man, read any one of your posts with all those asterisks. It's distracting and stupid. You don't need a babysitter, dude.

BTW, loving your posts elsewhere, though I can't respond as I'm still on the fence about upping my membership.

Liz

God Bless Ken Wilber
    • Report abuse
  •  07-30-2006, 5:15 PM 2485 in reply to 2457

• concomitance is not online. Last active: 08-19-2006, 1:18 PM concomitance
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-21-2006
    • Posts 4
    • Points 35

inmanagingeditor:

And just to clarify--even though we are in the hellrealm of I-I forums, there should be a modicum of decency to be expected here.  No outright abuse, people, that's why we've kept the "report abuse" link.Stick out tongue [:P]

Whose version of  decency standards apply? The FCC?  And, what if people like being abused?  Can I request being verbally abused in this forum? 

All these damn integral gray areas..... I just ask obnoxious questions.....

.truth&beauty...start.to.sway.;
    .under.heavy.burden.we've.thrown.its.way.
    • Report abuse
Page 2 of 4 (58 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help