Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

ISC3 day three

Last post 09-28-2007, 6:19 AM by fairyfaye. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-24-2007, 1:18 PM 28959 in reply to 28918

Re: ISC3 day three

yes i think u are right that the evolution i am intuiting occurs in the subtle .. rather than beyond nondual

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  09-24-2007, 7:22 PM 28974 in reply to 28959

it sounds like you've actually been getting in the practice to enable you to 'make states (progressively subtler ones) into traits', something i have to admit i haven't been doing sufficiently. this is tricky, i think. there's so much to do, so we have to choose what's most important.

i've been reading 'talks with ramana maharshi', which fits in with our questions about evolution of states. in the forward, kw summarizes maharshi's teachings:

the world is Illusory;
    Brahman alone is real;
    Brahman is the world.

i'm wondering if we couldn't also say, coming from the other pole, so to speak:

the separate-self is Illusory;
    Atman alone is real;
    Atman is the separate-self?

• Report abuse
  •  09-24-2007, 9:31 PM 28983 in reply to 28974

oh i think i spend too much time in the subtle .. it's my favorite state Wink [;)]

ken used to say that ramana maharshi quote alot

your view coming from another pole is interesting .. this thing about the separate self is tricky though .. boomeritis buddhism is when the little ego thinks it's god ??

• Report abuse
  •  09-24-2007, 11:47 PM 28990 in reply to 28983

good question! maybe i should reword that other pole:

the self is illusory;
    Atman alone is real;
    Atman is self.

i'm trying to connect with genpo's notion of the unique self, which is self + Big Mind, i.e. it transcends and includes Big Mind/Big Heart.

i, too, spend alot of time in subtle states, but at the shallower end i'm afraid Surprise [:O].

robb smith continues to do what is needed. it's really heartening to see his reply to the latest criticisms of i-i.

• Report abuse
  •  09-25-2007, 8:40 AM 29010 in reply to 28990

yes i see what u mean about the little ego vs the unique self .. a world of difference, no ?

i like your rewording

could u direct me to robb's reply to the latest criticisms of i-i ?

• Report abuse
  •  09-25-2007, 7:03 PM 29039 in reply to 29010

fairyfaye:
    could u direct me to robb's reply to the latest criticisms of i-i ?
    i first saw his message in the 'integral parenting' thread, then, in search of more context, found my way to the link below:

www.openintegral.net/blog/?p=236

unfortunately, we need to reply to these sort of criticisms. otherwise, those less informed easily end of believing them, and we end up on the fringe!

• Report abuse
  •  09-28-2007, 6:19 AM 29189 in reply to 29039

thanks ralph .. there's robb pulling arrows out of i-i's back

Wink [;)]

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
Page 2 of 2 (22 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help