Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Mark's ongoing trial of Holosync (periodically updated)

Last post 02-03-2008, 4:21 AM by Castel. 15 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (16 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-03-2008, 4:21 AM 38234 in reply to 37773

Re: Mark's ongoing trial of Holosync (periodically updated)

Interesting Mark, I began using Holosync not long after you. My use has been an on-going, but rather scant and irregular use of Holosync Awakening Prologue. At the same  time I have also been using  the  'Insight' CD, from a company called Awakened Minds. (They've undergone a name change since I bought the product).

Even with this less than dedicated use they have come to occupy a place in my routine, and for a while I was using one or the other before bed at night, or, on occasion, when I woke up in the middle of the night and had trouble getting back to sleep. (I don't find it hard at all to get to sleep most of the time it should be said)

Its hard to say what effect this use has had on me as there are so many other variables in play: how much sleep, beer, and exercise I get, all have a significant impact on my awareness. Generally, though, I believe Holosync and Insight have contributed to a better practice over recent times. And the experience of the tapes, themselves, is interesting - more physical than my style of sitting meditation.  At times its almost narcotic. 

For a while there I entertained the thought that Holosync et al didn't engage/challenge my control issues the way that sitting meditation does. I've since decided that the same issues arise just in a different way: For Holosync the letting go of control is less direct, but just as present, in that you have to give yourself to the discipline of using them on a regular basis. And this to me is in keeping with the more global/general benefits I have come to associate with these sound technologies.

I should say also, that over the few months I've experimented with Holosync and Insight their use has diminished and my discpline and practice has returned to what feels most potent and natural to me - a combination of attentional type meditation - vippassana and listening meditation, followed by prayer and metta bhavana. With this grouping the dynamic between agency and submission is  more tangible. Though, as I say, I think this same dynamic is also to be found in the use of Holosync.

Frankly, what I find most remarkable about your post, is that you have the time to spend an hour a day with the technology, and have as well  a daily exercise regimen. Time was the most challenging aspect of all for me, and the reason I tailed off my usage to the current two or three times a week.

I look forward to hearing your experiences with other sound technologies.

Cheers,
    C.

Page 2 of 2 (16 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help