Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Naked Forums » Embodied Practice » Re: Holy Shit! I-I Endorses Holosync!

Holy Shit! I-I Endorses Holosync!

Last post 4 hours, 14 minutes ago by MarkII. 26 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (27 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-27-2007, 6:35 AM 29120 in reply to 29117

• kendoji is not online. Last active: 10-12-2007, 12:03 AM kendoji
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2006
    • Amsterdam, Netherlands
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

Re: Holy Shit! I-I Endorses Holosync!

Ah thanks for the link, I had come across that thread when searching actually but didn't realize it was so recent.

Btw I got an email from Bill Harris yesterday, endorsing the ILP Starter Kit.  Looks like they struck a deal.  :-)  (not implying anything sinister, it seems clear that Bill and Ken have genuine respect for each other's approaches)
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  09-27-2007, 7:39 AM 29123 in reply to 29120

yeah, ok nothing sinister... :)

but u know what i was thinking (after my post)?

Holo Sync is being promoted to make ILP and the "deal" look like a bargain.

or atleast that ILP is being promoted, following the Holo Sync hype, because of that?

but THAT'S stretching the conspiracy a bit, i reckon...

the whole world doesn't revolve around ripping off the poor now, vulgan...

ILP would go well with something like Holo Sync.

ILP would go well with drugs, too.  similar idea?

(something like what pelleB was saying about a 'healthy translation'?)

x23.zaadz.com
    • Post Points: 50
    • Report abuse
  •  09-28-2007, 6:45 AM 29192 in reply to 29123

Here's a few more nuggets for you...

One of this week's videos is Ken talking about Holosync (entitled Shadow Technology). There is also an old set of dialogs with Ken and Bill Harris, which is what got me interested along with Leonard Schlain's dialog on hemispheric connectivty.

A friend of mine tried holosync, didn't like it and had no trouble getting a full refund.

I think you all should take a deep breath and order it.
    • Report abuse
  •  10-13-2007, 6:24 AM 29914 in reply to 29192

• Lucien is not online. Last active: 10-15-2007, 6:12 AM Lucien
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2006
    • Posts 15
    • Points 405

I'm very suggestable and was considering ordering holosync.  I have been listening to the free sample CD and really was getting myself all worked up over how wonderful it it. 

In other words, I was all set for a huge placebo effect from the holosync.  

After reading all the comments, I am now worried that the holosync will damage my ears.  Even if it didn't, I would probably imagine that it did.  

The positive comments about holosync are now battling the negative comments about holosync in my head.  It's a struggle about which ideas will hypnotize me and lead me to do their bidding. 

Frankly, this inner debate is giving me a headache.  So, I'm gonna try and forget about it and listen to Adyashanti instead.

Smile [:)]

Hey Mark,

If the vols win the rest of their games, then they'll get to play for the SEC championship!!  I doubt that will happen.  But I can dream.  I remember when they won the National Chapionship in '98.  My chakras all lit up and I was in an altered state of bliss and joy for at least a week... maybe a week and a half.   Ahhh, good times....   

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  10-13-2007, 10:01 AM 29925 in reply to 29914

Holosync has damaged my ears - twice. (see holosync thread) PelleB has made the suggestion that it is some energetic issue and I should keep listening and push through it. Whatever that is supposed to mean I don't know. I guess I just don't see how the solution for a painful ringing in my left ear should be solved by ignoring it and to pump the sonic weaponry through my eardrum that caused it in the first place. In addition, Bill Harris' marketing techiques are extremely questionable. He makes vague claims like "the new gamma wave technology is brand new - limited time" when he's been selling the same thing with the same lines for years now.

I'll give holosync credit for one certain thing though - although I can't listen to it anymore because of my ear, I think Bill's book "Thresholds of the Mind" is amazing and intelligent and its worth the price of the whole package.

A survivor looks to the past to tell him who he is, but a fool creates himself in every moment. So ask yourself - would you rather be a survivor, or a fool?
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  10-13-2007, 10:02 AM 29926 in reply to 29914

Lucien,

If you love the sample CD's then there's no reason for you not to order the first level of Holosync.

The first level of Holosync is simply the next step after the sample CD, same technology but lower carrier frequencies.

Pelle

http://pelle.zaadz.com/
    http://malmointegral.blogspot.com/
    • Report abuse
  •  10-15-2007, 8:47 AM 30043 in reply to 29123

Dear Vulgan,
    You asked about drugs. From your picture, I'm guessing you're young and I'm going to write this accordingly.

Be cautious. I know full well that lots of people use psychadellics and only good things happen. That was my experience, and I was cautious. I did end up in the emergency room once getting my stomach pumped, but no lasting problems. Google "harm reduction" for tips on how to do drugs "safer." Note that I do not use the term "safely." There is no such thing.

Most importantly, you don't need to trip very many times to get all the benifits you'll ever get. After that, you'll just be courting brain damage.
    • Report abuse
  •  10-15-2007, 10:42 AM 30050 in reply to 28639

charlesb:

Hi Mark,

In addition to your two excellent suggestions and before anyone invests in this expensive technology it would be useful to know if Holosync still adheres to its one-size-fits-all policy.

I put no little amount of time and money in testing it, with no positive results; the best face i can put on this outcome is that perhaps the beginning levels i could afford were not capable of helping me evolve. Maybe if their program had been designed to include offerings that are specific to the current stage/structure altitude of a purchaser i might now be able to recommend it too, instead of just being under-whelmed by the Holosync experience.

Warmly,

Charles

88W18'28" 41N58'02"

Hi Charles,

I'm curious, did you try it and notice no effect at all? Or did you feel an effect but not something you considered helpful? It sounds like you just didn't feel anything with the beginning levels and just kept purchasing the next higher levels hoping to feel the effect. Did you talk to Holosync support about it? I have found them to be very responsive and willing to answer any question. Of course, if you don't like their answer, there is not much to say about that. It would be interesting to know what they said to you if you did talk with them about it.

I am not an expert but I don't think there is necessarily a correlation between a person's current level of development and the level of holosync that will be effective. That is to say, I believe that Zen master taking up Holosync for the first time would start at the first level just the same as anyone else, though this would be an interesting question to ask Holosync support directly. It may be that you're nervous system is just naturally resistant to the effects of holosync. Like some people are resistant to the effects of pot, for instance. Nothing is for everyone, and maybe Holosync just isn't for you.

Personally, I noticed a dramatic effect with the first level - Awakening Prolog - and notice anew an increased effect each time I move to a new level, something like increasing the dosage of an ethnogen, but without the weirdness and woo-woo factor I get from those kinds of substances. In fact, the effect has been so intense at times I have really had to wonder if it was really good for me. But always, after a few days of intensity I "pull through" so to speak and feel stronger than before. Bill Harris states unequivocally that it is 100% safe, but the skeptic in me does wonder at times whether there might be some hidden cost down the line. Still, the skeptic in me wonders that about everything, and you can't stop living because it might eventually kill you :-)

Take Care,

Don.

•  10-15-2007, 4:30 PM 30064 in reply to 30050

Hi Don,

Yes i tried Holosync, and it's not quite accurate to say that it had no effect whatsoever, i did after all hear something, but as far as listening had any effect on altering any state of consciousness in me, sadly the effect was nil.

And no, i did not approach Holosync about my lack of success; and having gone well past the year requirement for a possible refund, it never occurred to me to contact them. This was, after all, an experiment that i decided to conduct on my own, no one asked me to do so, and as i claim to be an adult i accept full responsibility for my decision.

I have no opinion about its possible effect on a Zen Master; and must rely on my own inner sense to test the effectiveness of any technique purported to boost consciousness. It is said that the Witness is the final barrier between subject and object; the transcending of which is non-duality. My actual experience of the last 30 years is that i walk around in a state of more or less continual witnessing; and if need be can call it up at will; so by that standard it qualifies as an actual stage of development. However my forays into non-duality have been few and transitory, clear signs of state development. I mention this only to illustrate that i am not completely ignorant of such things, which means i have at least some limited capacity of understanding them if and when they are experienced.

The main reason i decided on the experiment in the first place was that i was looking for some technique or process that i could happily and confidently pass on to others, one that could play a significant role in their own unfoldment. I know what has worked for me and i can teach much of what i know, but it seems unlikely that anyone would have an interest in the strange and unique path that has characterized my life.

Warmly,

Charles

88W18'28" 41N58'02" 

• Report abuse
  •  20 hours, 34 minutes ago 30080 in reply to 29123

Vulgan. Drugs? I am a big fan of psychadelics. I believe that wreckless abuse and over-use of psychadelics have accelerated my path of growth 1000x. That also lead me down a 5-year hellish detour into nervous breakdown due to extreme oversensitization of my nervous system. I like to do things to the extreme.

Just remember the old poison-peoples' axiom - The difference between medicine and poison, is dosage.

A survivor looks to the past to tell him who he is, but a fool creates himself in every moment. So ask yourself - would you rather be a survivor, or a fool?
    • Report abuse
  •  4 hours, 42 minutes ago 30116 in reply to 29117

Someone mentioned the lack of customizing Holosync. I think it's a good point. I have not tried Holosync, however there is a highly effective brainwave entrainment software I use.
        The good thing about it is that it is extremely versatile, with many sessions targeting specific brainwaves for specific tasks (i.e. helping with insomnia, going into delta states, alpha-theta "creativity" session, helping with ADD etc.).
        The minus is that it takes a while [a few months I'd say] to sort out which sessions work for you and what effect they have on you.
    It is so  versatile they even have Holosync-graded sessions to emulate holosync at fraction of cost [please note I have absolutely no connections with the company; I am just a user of the software].

It's called Neuro-Programmer and here is a link with a demo.
    http://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/index.php

Here is a list to a thread from the user's forum, discussing Holosync's pro's and con's mainly from a UR perspective:

Transparent Corp. HoloSync Discussion Summary

Hope this helps.

love
    g

• Report abuse
  •  4 hours, 14 minutes ago 30117 in reply to 30116

Am I correct in understanding that you would be able to make your own CDs with the basic model or would you have to buy their professional or commercial model?

Mark

• Report abuse
Page 2 of 2 (27 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2006. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help