Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Naked Forums » Embodied Practice » Re: Between Koan & Affirmation

Between Koan & Affirmation

Last post 10-11-2007, 8:40 AM by MomentsGap. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-21-2007, 1:33 PM 26168

Between Koan & Affirmation

Here is something I was inspired to write, to recite before I begin my day. It's basically 6 questions designed to relieve some stress.
    Constructive critique is very welcome. Also I wonder if you do a similar practice.
    Love,
    G.

Dedicated with love to myself.

Today, If I notice that I will always have an inexhaustible 'to do' list –
    How much can I relax myself into the present moment?

Is it possible to witness, with great compassion, my not-knowing self –
    not-knowing what's best, not-knowing who I am 'supposed to'?

Today, I am given the opportunity of witnessing
    the imperfections in myself, in my life and in the world
    for their own inherent suchness.

Today, if I observe my evaluation of 'the past'
    as being just… a mere partial opinion, how courageous can I be?

Today, If I forget about my ideas of perfection - how light can I be?

Today, What if I don't need to overcome my heartfelt wishes?
    Only to sincerely respect them? Imperfectly?

Today, If I let things be as immanently easy as they are,
    can I make friends with not-striving, can I just do it?

The answers become effortlessly self-evident on their own.

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  07-21-2007, 4:02 PM 26174 in reply to 26168

Re: Between Koan & Affirmation

Hi, G - this seems to me to be potentially an effective practice. You've chosen some important broadly applicable issues and some specific ones, like the "to do" list/ overly busy issue and the making friends issue. Today, what connected with me the most was this latter one. Another or additional way that one could word that is "Today, if I let things be as immanently easy as they are, can I make friends with not-striving, can I allow it to happen as it will."

I like the way you are asking questions, rather than affirmations/declarations - I notice that the occasional time when I am impelled to pray/contemplate/meditate/open to something new in a certain area, I tend to ask more in the form of questions as you have here - less in the form of declarations or direct requests.

I like your final statement of trust that answers will be self-evident without having to evaluate whether this or that has happened - no pressure, as you said, not-striving. Ambo

Ambo Suno
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  07-24-2007, 6:59 PM 26326 in reply to 26174

Thanks very much ambo Big Smile [:D]
    I was hoping for more comments... this is what these forums are for guys Music [8]
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  07-24-2007, 10:08 PM 26330 in reply to 26326

Dear MG:   Pretty Wonderful.    Yes and No about the Practice.  I completely can meditate to what you wrote.   Ambo sorta meditates with another type of poetic writing.    KW said that  Aurobindo's practice was his writing.   And I know Leonardo Di Vinci had to be Divinely inspired laying on his back painting.  And then there is Bach.   No comparison for me.   However, there are things that can bring me to my knees (contemplation or meditation) that are inspired by others.  It doesn't matter about the PR and the huge talent except as living gifts to us all.  What matters it is the same thing.    Somewhere on the chart.   I assume that MomentsGap means what I think it does.  Namaste  Pattye

PS Ambo, we gotta talk when you come back about that lottery.  Not now cause  I know you are enjoying another place and besides I want it to be convenient with you.  PTG

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  07-24-2007, 10:08 PM 26331 in reply to 26326

Dear MG:   Pretty Wonderful.    Yes and No about the Practice.  I completely can meditate to what you wrote.   Ambo sorta meditates with another type of poetic writing.    KW said that  Aurobindo's practice was his writing.   And I know Leonardo Di Vinci had to be Divinely inspired laying on his back painting.  And then there is Bach.   No comparison for me.   However, there are things that can bring me to my knees (contemplation or meditation) that are inspired by others.  It doesn't matter about the PR and the huge talent except as living gifts to us all.  What matters it is the same thing.    Somewhere on the chart.   I assume that MomentsGap means what I think it does.  Namaste  Pattye

PS Ambo, we gotta talk when you come back about that lottery.  Not now cause  I know you are enjoying another place and besides I want it to be convenient with you.  PTG

• Report abuse
  •  07-25-2007, 12:07 PM 26360 in reply to 26331

Dear MG    I thought about this overnite.   I am in the process of looking at what I feel comfortable with in sharing in this area.   Ihave been for some time now.  I was/am thinking of something fairly permanent, the thread that is.  I should say on-going.  I definitely want to do this with one of more.  At least that is my thinking now. And I am not sure I want a sequence.   I may start with three dreams I had that impacted my life.   Let me know if you have any ideas about this.  and ambo has linked a kundalini thread somewhere on this forum zaadaz is having and it looks really good with the preview.   Sorry to be so lazy, ambo but maybe you can list that here.

And I don't really have time to discuss the lottery dear one. (ambo).  ( Don't want to scare you MG.)  Just hang on to the money until we can decide what we want to do with it.   And then there are the twins.  The hiefer's twins.  We will have a discussion at the appropriate time.   MG  this is such boring business related stuff.  Please forgive me  for interjecting here.  Pattye

• Report abuse
  •  07-25-2007, 12:23 PM 26364 in reply to 26168

I think these are gems; i copied them down for my own contemplation if you dont mind.  Thanks!  lizzie 

• Report abuse
  •  10-11-2007, 8:40 AM 29822 in reply to 26168

Here is my latest  version of these affirmation that attempt to address in a gentle manner various issues I am facing. Comments and critiques are much appreciated...Angel [A]

Dedicated with love

The 'to do' list is always inexhaustible –
    How much can I relax myself into the present moment?

The one mode available anytime to deal with not-knowing
    is being compassionate and honest for the 'place' I am at.

The awareness to choices is not knowing;
    The dissolve of 'in favor', 'against' & 'because' indicates freedom.

The urge to numb and the urge to prevent are both compulsions.
    I need to attend both like guests. I can choose courgae - not to act.
    I can choose intimacy over numbness.

There is no need to transcend my heartfelt wishes
    only to listen attentively.

Today, I am given the opportunity of witnessing
    the imperfections in myself, in my life and in the world
    for their own inherent suchness.

Today as in every day, I belong to this world. I am part of it.

Today, can I let things be as immanently easy as they are?

Remember seeing how inherently ridiculous, bluntly stupid,
    most of reality is? Sense the joy of utter absurdness…

Take some moments to thank your body and organs for working so hard.
    Become gratitude
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2006. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help