Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Supporting our Teachers' wonderful work-Let's light a candle!

Last post 12-28-2006, 5:13 PM by perera. 33 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (34 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-12-2006, 5:30 PM 16395 in reply to 16388

• perera is not online. Last active: 11-03-2007, 6:59 PM perera
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2006
    • Boulder, CO and Colombo, Sri Lanka
    • Posts 625
    • Points 207,180

Re: Let's light a candle!

I lit several candles today but one in particular asking for help for when in moments of despair, confusion and anger, to be able to hold that anxiety gently while all else looks to be falling apart.

---

Ralph - thanks for your kind words and thoughts. So much to learn....I did inquire into whether i should postpone my trip (first time home in 4 years). But i think, selfishly speaking, i really need the break and in some ways it could not have come at a better time. Gotta go when you gotta go! Thanks again, Ralph.

KW will certainly need to take it easy for a bit. This has been quite a ride for everybody!! 

Nomali

~Save the Earth- it's the only planet with Chocolate.

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  12-24-2006, 2:38 PM 17135 in reply to 16395

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2006
    • Posts 625
    • Points 207,180

Wow, i have been lighting candles everyday and i just love it!! Thank YOU, Brother David for giving us this lovely opportunity to do a simple and yet powerful moment of contemplation anytime during the day by taking a short break from emailing, creating files, reading, uploading, downloading, encoding, and all the many, many things we do while sitting in front of this screen. Smile [:)]

This Christmas, let us all light some candles online!

And I also want to say a special Thank You to all those who keep lighting candles in this group.

Speaking of Brother David, did yous see his Christmas message?

Deep Bow,

Nomali

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  12-27-2006, 12:36 PM 17263 in reply to 16395

Dear Nomali:  Thank you so much for the lovely poinietta for  my birthday.  I squished and it grew.  I am going to write a note to the others which will include you but for now, I want you to know that I will go with you in spirit to Sri Lanka.  It is almost too dramatic to say I cry when I see what is going on over there.  And I know how it feels to want to kill in order to protect the innocent.  Is your family alright.  How safe will you be?   I need to look at a map.  I include the children and families from all the oppressed countries in my meditation daily.

Again, you are so valuable here for us and I am sure you are at II.   I do cry for them.  Try to keep us posted if that is possible.   Namaste  Pattye

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  12-28-2006, 5:13 PM 17304 in reply to 17263

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2006
    • Posts 625
    • Points 207,180

Dear Pattye, please check your Private Messages. Thanks Right Hug [}]

Today, I lit several candles for some of my 'other' teachers - Robert Spellman from Naropa University here in Boulder for making me feel like i can Love and Open through art and for Bernie Marek, also another Art teacher from Naropa who taught me to see the beauty of the process of creativity. Bernie died about a year ago. I miss you, Bernie. I also have a dedication to my teachers here.

Then, a candle for Deepak Bandhu-ji (in Bangalore, India)- my very first teacher of Life.

How glorious, our teachers! May there always be Light!

Nomali

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
Page 3 of 3 (34 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help