Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Feedback on Holosync

Last post 10-18-2007, 11:13 AM by johndupuy. 64 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (65 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-27-2007, 4:34 AM 18718 in reply to 18701

Re: Feedback on Holosync

Dan,

Have you tried this brain/mind machine? If so, what are you getting? I have been using Holysync, and I have not upgraded. I might. I really like it but it is a little costly, I believe.

JC
    33° 13' N 87° 37' W
  •  01-27-2007, 5:31 AM 18719 in reply to 18718

JW,

I've been using the Mindspa brain/mind machine for one month. It has 12 programs and you can download your own into it as well. The machine induces brainwaves the same way that Holosync does, through entrainment. It also uses a pair of glasses that flash light rapidly along with the sound pulses. This is no bullshit, hospitals actually uses strobe lights to induce brainwaves when they do EEGs on patients. Its range is Alpha, Theta, and high end Beta for cognitive stimulation. I use some of the early series holosync as well, and I am also using the "Ultimate Brain" system

(http://store.soundstrue.com/mm01027d.html

I actually use both the brain/mind machine and holosync type CDs. The Holosync system is very expensive if you go the whole 9 yards. You can return the Mindspa to Sounds True if you don't like it. Actually, I had tapes sitting around for years and they gave me full credit to purcahse the Mindspa, they'll treat you right (I'm not sales for Sounds True, what can I tell you. I'm on a tight family budget and they helped me get this equiment...what the hell).  Keep in mind there are many types of brain/mind machines. This Mindspa is good starter equipment. Some will signal you while you sleep when you are in theta to raise awareness when you lucid dream for example.

There is an aux. jack with the MS so you can pipe in music and other audio programs while you go through a session. I actually was experimenting with mixing theta inducement with delta inducement.The delta track on the Ultimate Brain is very good. The eye glasses have 12 LEDs that are very good. You can also get a  pair of blue light glasses that are more calming, less stimulating.

Here's the manual if that helps

http://www.avstim.com/mindspa12.pdf

Cheers,

Dan

•  01-27-2007, 10:12 AM 18738 in reply to 18719

Dan and JC,

From what I can understand the MindSpa seems to be a very versatile tool, with many different programs to enter different states of consciousness and to entrain the brain in various ways. It seems to be a great product.

The main reason I stick to Holosync is that they have a progressive lowering of the carrier frequency which means that after I've done a level until it stops pushing me, I can then move on to the next level and still be pushed to grow further.

My conclusion is that the two products are complementary in many ways, but neither can replace the other. What do you think?

Pelle

http://pelle.zaadz.com/
    http://malmointegral.blogspot.com/
  •  01-27-2007, 3:24 PM 18751 in reply to 18738

Greetings,

I've been using Holosync for a couple of years, but not as consistently as I intended.  I'm still using Awakening Prologue.  I go through both Dive and Immersion as a way to add structure and a kind of timer to my meditation practice.  I don't listen to it as a way to fall asleep.  I mix it up on the meditation cushion though.  Some days I do the 1-2-3 of God stuff from ILP, or Tonglen during Dive. I always finish with the use of the "AH" meditation and affirmations (from Wayne Dyer's Meditations for Manifesting CD) espoused my Swami Muktananda.  I do this when I am probably in Delta, mid-way through Immersion.  I find that it does seem to help me go deeper in my meditations.  I tend to be more loving, present, able to feel the "Witness" throughout my day, etc.

I haven't had any of the negative effects I hear of from others (i.e. headaches, ear-aches, problems with "overwhelm", etc.).  I find the marketing annoying, but the customer service was actually pretty helpful.  I told them I was on the fence about how to determine when I was ready to go to the next level and they actually told me to trust my gut and not buy until I felt ready.  That increased my trust of them considerably.

I'm pretty skeptical about the carrier frequency thing.  Seems a convenient way to hook a customer for a long time with a big pay-day.  Have any of you felt the benefits of the lower frequency levels?  How about the silent affirmations?  How do you know they are even there at all?

-Grant
  •  01-28-2007, 6:08 AM 18777 in reply to 18751

Grant:

I'm pretty skeptical about the carrier frequency thing.  Seems a convenient way to hook a customer for a long time with a big pay-day.  Have any of you felt the benefits of the lower frequency levels?

Hi Grant,

I am sure you will feel the difference when you try a lower carrier frequency. It is similar to adding more weight when weight lifting.

Pelle

http://pelle.zaadz.com/
    http://malmointegral.blogspot.com/
  •  01-28-2007, 6:33 AM 18779 in reply to 18751

Grant,

Bill Harris emailed me last week, (as I am sure he did everyone who has bought into his program) and he went through all this marketing mumbo jumbo that really turns me off. Holosync in and of itself, I think, can help quicken the meditation process. I still listen to the Awakening Prologue about every day, and to Quietitude and Oasis as an after thought. I am glad others are giving us an alternative. The Brain/Mind machines are interesting. Has anyone bought into the Wild Divine mind/brain program. Deepak Chopra endorses it. I think it is supposed to monitor the levels of meditation, if I am not mistaken. A friend bought into it, but she has not replied to me how she uses it, and if it does anything for her. My deepest meditation comes when I sit still, and focus on the Third Eye, searching for light waves. This can be induced by looking into a single lighted candle for about 15 minutes. Close your eyes after looking at the flame, and stay with the flame in the Third Eye as long as it stays. Afterwards sit for another 10 minutes in stillness and see what happens? Just a suggestion. I learned this meditation technique 14 years ago and it has not let me down once.

JC
    33° 13' N 87° 37' W
  •  01-28-2007, 6:36 AM 18780 in reply to 18777

Pelle,

"The main reason I stick to Holosync is that they have a progressive lowering of the carrier frequency which means that after I've done a level until it stops pushing me, I can then move on to the next level and still be pushed to grow further"

I think you are right.

The Mind Spa is also adjustable and you can download new programs and pipe in other holosync type programs. In fact, I wonder what would happen if you integrated the Mindspa with holosync? The strobe flashes might add an additional enhancement. I would love to continue with the holosync system, I have the first level beyong the introductory level, but stopped short. I'll look into it. That's the intersting thing about this, it's still an open field, we can try new things out for ourselves...who knows what will emerge? Smile [:)]

Dan

•  01-28-2007, 9:17 AM 18788 in reply to 18779

JWCargile,

Funny you mention it because I recently bought the Wild Divine. I see it as just biofeedback "games" with a structure. So as opposed to having a simple, pixelated, atari-looking activity where a ball is moving inside a square, and it moves to one side as you relax and to the other as you get excited - we have a much richer multimedia experience (complete with deepak chopra) as a context in which to play the same biofeedback games. More than games though, they can also be very useful training tools. The USB biofeedback device (called the "lightstone") that comes with the game is ok - I'm not a medical professional or anything, but I can tell that it is very, very sensitive. In fact, its not only a biofeedback device, but it also has a heartrate monitor that some of the games activities use. The game also includes a seperate software package to let you map out Heartrate and GSR (sweat on the skin) patterns in realtime graphs, and also to record your levels while you play the game and view them afterwards. I have seen a few other games on the market now that use the Lightstone - one of them you race through tunnels in a space ship, another you control a psychadelic screensaver.

On a sidenote I heard of a game called "Mindball" that is played not on the computer but on a large table with a track running down the center and a large pinball on that track. Two competitors sit at either side of the table, and they put on EEG devices. Each person can roll the ball towards the other by allowing their brain to go into specific patterns like low-alpha. If you've seen the video of Ken "stopping his brainwaves" while he's hooked up to an EEG then you'll know that Ken would probably kick ass at this game! Anyways the airforce apparently uses it to to help train cadets how to remain calm and focused under high pressure and stress - among many other uses i'm sure.

I can't wait for the day when we actually get some quality EEG games that are available (and affordable) to home users!

Dan,

I just wanted to comment on your last question about hooking up a mind-machine to holosync at the same time. I had called CS at holosync one time and asked them this question. They told me that they had actually thought of this and tried it, and found that it really had no extra effect, positive or negative. They told me that their belief was that the mind can only take so much tampering with, and after that exceeds a certain level there are really no effects - and that I would be essentially wasting my time to try and use any other technologies or toys simultaneously with holosync. Thats just what they said.

"Like the legendary Ko-ko bird, we follow our own tail around in ever-narrowing circles, but unlike that mythic bird we never complete the process by flying up our own rectums and disappearing."
    -Robert Anton Wilson
  •  01-28-2007, 2:26 PM 18800 in reply to 18779

Hey JW-

I'll try your candle/3rd eye meditation.  Sounds interesting.

-Grant
  •  02-16-2007, 10:09 AM 19408 in reply to 18800

I just moved into the next "phase" of the holosync training.  Once again - seems that every time I move on to the next cd, I get a free ticket to the emotional roller coaster.  Things level out when I use it, but then three or four hours later, I feel either irritated or depressed...  I am seeing the pattern, and have met someone who is also trying the program here in Providence, RI as well - but was looking for other peoples experiences in brief when moving from one cd level to another.  (especially if people notice a larger difference when moving from say disc set (level 2) to the next (level 3)

I have also found that playing the floating cd right before I go to sleep (even without headphones) seems to cause some crazy dreams.  Anyone else try this without the headphones with similar results? or should I just look into buying some medication.... ;)  My wife has reported similar experiences when I first switched the disc and did not tell her.... (kind of a blind test, unintential but one none the less)

Todd

Todd
  •  05-07-2007, 8:55 PM 22474 in reply to 19408

I've been on Holosync for a year and I love it. I see all kinds of benefits. I am far more relaxed when things go wrong. I never get mad at my self for making mistakes anymore. I am better at eye-hand coordination tasks. I can occasionally see myself as an object now.

I do the hour every day. I even took it on an extended sea kayaking trip.

I can't use it in the evening. As I've gotten to lower carriers, I have to do earlier or it keeps me awake at night. I could do Prologue, and then sleep, but now at level 2, I have to do it by 6 PM. A psysic friend says it is turning on my Kundilini and I need to learn to turn it off to sleep.

I find the Orange marketing anoying. Especially the marketing for their retreats. I'd like to go to one, but not if it's all orange.

Here's what I think is cool: I think the whole brain synchrony thing is an answer to the overly masculine meditation problem. I know I have a lot of feminine essence in my suble body and I dislike meditating, but I can happily do Holosync. I am also lazy, and holosync sure is easy. It think it is to meditation what a truck is to a wheel barrow. Just a technological improvement. I do wish they'd do some actual research and prove it will take us to Non-dual.

It's great to hear from other users. I got into it from listening to Ken and Bill Harris dialog.

If was my company, I'd only send out the disks every few months (like they do). I wouldn't want my customers having the experiences Harris described on the IN dialog from going to fast. That's part of what a spritual director does, dole out only what a student can handle.
  •  06-04-2007, 8:42 PM 23979 in reply to 22474

(Yes, it sure is great to find I'm not the only person interested in being integrally informed using Holosync!)

That is the crucial point Mark. Will it take us to Non-dual? Or increase Witnessing? Of course, everpresent witnessing awareness is, er....everpresent, but I'd certainly like to be able to remember this more often. I've been using the programme for a year too, very consistently, and I'm experiencing similar benefits. I too love it and feel it's fun, pleasant and purely beneficial, with no nasty side effects at all. (....yet!). Of particular note is my ability (although not desire!) to do with much less sleep......very handy as my youngest son struggles with the concept of sleeping through the night, and since I often have to work nights "on call"!

It certainly induces  states as claimed. I think it's to be hoped that repeated plunging into them, as Ken says, by this means may accellerate growth through stages. (I have a large orange streak, and whilst I can certainly appreciate some of the things you second tier folks say, I sure would like to inhabit that kind of rarefied consciousness for more than the occasional glimpse.)

What I'm really keen on is developing the capacity to witness during waking, dreaming and deep dreamless sleep. (In fact, it's my deepest desire....shamelessly ripped off  from Stuart Davis, and for the same reasons!) Others have mentioned an increase in lucidity during dreaming, but has anyone found that Holosync has engendered the capacity to remain aware in deep dreamless sleep? I've experienced neither, but I think it's early days.

Oh, and as for the marketing. Even though, as I mentioned I have a lot of appreciation for Orange, the advertising doesn't do anything for me at a rational level. As a psychiatrist, I'm pretty sceptical that anything will work unless there's a heap of peer reviewed, double blind blah blah blah to back it up, so it's great that we recycle all our junk mail! I only got into Holosync because of something Ken said on one of the DVDs in the ILP starter kit. Big Smile [:D]

So, given the lack of an evidence base for so much about Holosync, has anyone "cheated" and progressed faster than recommended? I haven't, but the last 2 weeks of each CD seem like treading water, before the next progression.

•  06-21-2007, 11:31 PM 24751 in reply to 23979

For anyone that has read my earlier post regarding the problems with ringing ears that I developed after using holosync, know that I started again recently, using it to fall asleep at night. It has been nearly a year since my ear ringing finally died down. Well, after using holosync again for a month, the ringing started up again. Not at first, but by the end of a month it was as bad as it's ever been. Fax that. Guess it's not for me. Too bad :(

"Like the legendary Ko-ko bird, we follow our own tail around in ever-narrowing circles, but unlike that mythic bird we never complete the process by flying up our own rectums and disappearing."
    -Robert Anton Wilson
  •  07-02-2007, 7:08 AM 25126 in reply to 24751

'Sorry to hear about the ringing. That would drive me crazy. What do the people at Holosync say about it?

-Mark
  •  07-02-2007, 10:26 AM 25135 in reply to 5231

I have been using Holosync for about 22 months now. I am currently on Level 4. I have used Holsync religiously as a part of an overall ILP. I probalby average about 40 hrs a month. If I miss a day I make up for it later in the week. I have also worked with with clients, and as part of an Integral Recovery approach which I have been working on since 2024. The results have been very positive across the board, both in my own life and in those with whom I have been working. Again, I have been using Holosync ans a part of an ILP. I have also used a product called Insight Meditation, which is also binural, effective and much cheaper. Which I recommend to clients who may not have 2 grand to spend on Holosync. There is also the psychological factor, that if one pays a lot for something they will tend to use it more. Also there does seem to be something in the continueing to lower the carrier frequency that keeps pushing one to deeper levels. My meditation without Holosync is much deeper now, and I don't seem to dependent on Holosync for deep meditation. And yes Bill's marketing can be annoying, but part of the skills of being Integral, as I see it, is being able to separate the baby from the bathwater. Bill's claims for the product seem dead on to me from my own experience and the experiences of people that I have worked with. My evidence at this time is personal and anecdotal. I would be very interested in a more more scientific solid data approach as this thing unfolds. Also binural brain entrainment technology seems to be a powerful tool for growing and restructuring the brain. I would like to see the conversation to be more about that than Bill Harris' marketing strategies and personality. If anyone out there is building a better mose trap, I'd like to hear about it. Also developmentally or Spiral dynamically green has a problem with high tech for spiritual growth. Sweat lodges, Vision Quests and sitting are good, sonically induced binural brain entrainment? Well, that ain't right. Technolgy generally seems to be seen as the enemy and not as a solution.
    john
Page 3 of 5 (65 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help