Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Comments on The Complete Buddhism

Last post 10-26-2007, 12:16 PM by Lizzie. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-20-2007, 3:29 AM 30346

• Savornin is not online. Last active: 10-28-2007, 9:11 AM Savornin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-29-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Points 35

Comments on The Complete Buddhism

Please join our discussion of The Complete Buddhism. All members of ISC are invited to join the conversation. If you are an ISC member, simply reply to this post with your comments. Not a member of ISC? Visit us and join now!
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  10-21-2007, 1:12 PM 30421 in reply to 30346

Re: Comments on The Complete Buddhism

i'm afraid my objectionable self has to have his say, again:  he objects to the predicate 'complete'.  isn't integral, by its very nature, incomplete?  he asks.

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  10-21-2007, 8:19 PM 30443 in reply to 30421

your objectionable self is on his toes .. complete isn't quite the ultimate word in this case

essence might be better ?

• Report abuse
  •  10-22-2007, 9:17 PM 30494 in reply to 30443

edit:  oops!  i goofed on this title, again!  what it should have been:

yes! essence. as in traleg rinpoche's 'the essence of buddhism'? what will continue to be added to, but never subtracted from--i.e. will never be complete.

• Report abuse
  •  10-23-2007, 9:35 PM 30562 in reply to 30494

good point .. especially since terry is talking about how the integral buddhism teachings differ from traditional amber tibetan buddhism

• Report abuse
  •  10-24-2007, 12:48 PM 30598 in reply to 30562

fairyfaye,  isn't ISC3 about to begin, or already begun?  i was unable to find out by googling, getting, instead, things like Surprise [:O]

ISC3 (Industrial Source Complex) model is a popular steady-state Gaussian plume model which can be used to assess pollutant concentrations from a wide variety of sources associated with an industrial complex.

i ask because, of course, this will be an opportunity for the experts, and i don't mean that facetiously, to have their say, including terry patten and traleg rinpoche.  i especially value traleg because he has clearly devoted his life to buddhism, but their perspectives are all valuable, and, taken together, give us a more integral perspective than otherwise possible.

• Report abuse
  •  10-24-2007, 5:34 PM 30616 in reply to 30598

the teachers are meeting mon & tues (29th & 30th) .. and the rest of us are attending day three, wed (Oct 31st)

yes halloween

and u run to the edge of the cliff and u toss your arms up high high high .. and u know as u let yourself drop u begin to soar and to sail thru the sky .. and u know in your body that this is how witches can fly thru the twilight night

to the stars in their hearts
    without brooms

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  10-26-2007, 12:16 PM 30685 in reply to 30346

Really great talk...highlights for me (parapharsed because i could not write fast enough, or replay the talk):

"not mythic...attached to the forms and containers...but free to inhabit the forms and containers"

"transcended the limits of the forms in which they appeared"

"we awoke through the container into that which the container was originally meant to serve"

beautiful!!!!

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help