Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Naked Forums » Theory Au Naturel » Re: greater depth less span

greater depth less span

Last post 04-10-2008, 9:37 PM by fairyfaye. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-08-2008, 10:43 PM 45596

greater depth less span

on the chapter six 'a new earth' webcast, oprah refers to the hundreds of thousands tuned in .. and i think: compared to the millions who watch your tv show

less are yet ready to hear the teachings of watching and not identifying with the thinker the emoter .. and of the depth of peace and wellspring of joy in the present

but it's clearly evolving slowly but surely

and eckhart and oprah talking about how eventually it will be taught to children in school

what exciting times are these

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  04-09-2008, 1:01 AM 45607 in reply to 45596

Re: greater depth less span

I have been lying in bed comparing my inability to her’s.  The long list of reasons and excuses play over in my head.  Stingingly, I see about how we can get inebriated by the soap-box mirror of possibilities.  The Universe does not allow us to skip these final stages.  This part of development seems like a drought, the long awaited silence after our trepid endearment to the system.  And all too often, the circumstances of government and state do not allow us to progress.

Perhaps, the simplest realization was to be found in Monday night’s Boondocks.  The majority of the black population depends on each other to get through physical and mental disorder.  Boondocks is a graphic comic made into a television series.  The family of grandfather and two grandsons live in the suburbs of affluent white America.  The situations maybe taken for granted as Black comedy, but, perhaps, only after the audience realizes the very acute sting of absurdity ingrained in the show’s political and social commentary.  The main character Huey is an exemplum of Black genius which undermines the systems of class, race, and creed.  While, his brother, Riley, attempts to disturb the larger populace through exuberant action that often seems to decry anarchy when in fact the character, Riley, believes, rightfully so, that there is a disturbance in the laws of nature, the melioration of white America, and the rules of the street.  A couple years ago the first African-American moved into my neighborhood just down the street.  I met him on the bus.  He is an accountant.  He does not know anyone in our neighborhood, and I for one had not realized his presence until recently.

Also I heard George Clooney got some threatening call yesterday.  I hope they weren’t asking him to move into the black part of Ogden.

At first, I awoke.  Do any of these events that pass us in the night and through daydreams, do they really add up?  Are they not minuscule?  I cannot convince my bedmate of the severity of these, perhaps, even smaller thoughts.  I cannot mention with what incredible distance plays on passion, and how in the end we ultimately find the other’s arms because we lay in wait for them, but little do we know how far reaching our desire goes unmentionable to the point of calling-out to the one who shares in our unmentionables.    

How could I or anyone deny the greatest degree of intimacy?  As a last resort, humanity cannot remember any but these moments.  A young mistress and her lover, a simple setting that I have simply forgot to appreciate.  An ennui that leaves you dumbstruck and bed stricken as the cold April wind scatters the Flowering Plum.  The love between a daughter and mother as they attend the black-and-white animated production of Percepolis.  A brush of hair and the curl forgone for just a phone-call away.

Innumerable are these, yet in thought, we deserve only the best.  As the nuance of pain and bitter arrival grows, the angst in our hearts makes us out the villains.  Slowly, do I berate the vision of our present future, and the time for which the tallied corrosive emancipates.  If I give thought to feeling newly eviscerated, withholdings reveal, the consternation and plague of my disease.  Addicted to many-sided, chin-waggering natter,  we lather for the sake of a lively-hood survival.  In each of our grasp is the salient perforation of an inoculate society.  For to believe that without these tiny timely confrontations there would not be the miscue is to believe that the determination upon which we stand as a global nation is merely a side-quest to eternal and ineffective memorandums.

As I sleep tonight, her beauty will wash over me like the sea we once achieved. 

Can you not understand the destruction of the Sea?  And What gives life, withholds it.       

1:34 A.M.

"Ω =∞x∞^∞" - Wayne Teasdale
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  04-09-2008, 4:05 PM 45723 in reply to 45596

Getting pluged in today after I got my taxes done left me questioning my own depth my own growth as a spiritual person. The numbers as viewd through my filter brought up some hostility that I was witnessing the best I could.  Guess just getting tired of the tax man taking more and more, getting tired of people living off the system , getting tired of the young men and women getting blown up in Iraq, I think I could go on and on but today left me questioning how much I have transcened, how much of a transformed person am I really.  Waking up, is it really worth all the work, all the reading, the seminars ?  Seems like "those unconscious fellows" are better off staying unconscious.

Bill Kilburg,
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  04-10-2008, 5:44 AM 45793 in reply to 45723

hi bill .. regarding "seems like those unconscious fellows are better off staying unconscious"

that's an interesting remark because it's actually unconsciousness which suffers with it's identification with memories, anticipations, thoughts, etc

and it is your true nature, pure presence, in which joy spontaneously arises

xo

• Report abuse
  •  04-10-2008, 7:34 PM 45874 in reply to 45793

well now u got me thinking .. are u saying it is just easier to suffer than to let the joy flood in ?

easier to go blindly thru the bad habits and endure the discomfort

than to make a committment to catch oneself unconscious

?

• Report abuse
  •  04-10-2008, 7:55 PM 45880 in reply to 45874

how beautifully fits here the breathtaking anais nin quote

and the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom

• Report abuse
  •  04-10-2008, 8:06 PM 45881 in reply to 45874

Letting the joy flood in ...joyfull joe was not who I was being yesterday. more like angry andy.  Today I am more centered in mySELF,  but yesterday had me yearning for those days in the bar listening and partying to the Stones and Led Zeppelin. I think Wilber has said the more you grow the more things can go wrong,  and at least Ken is upfront about this tranformational game. I have heard other teachers speak and they make it sound like transformation is a weekend workshop.  But as always fairfaye I appreciate what you share and the contribution you make to this work. And I do acknowledge myself for the growth that I have worked dearly to attain, but at times like yesterday I question is it worth it.
    Bill Kilburg,
    • Report abuse
  •  04-10-2008, 8:40 PM 45884 in reply to 45881

i hear ya .. this 'being human' thing can be a drag sometimes with it's ups and downs

Wink [;)]

• Report abuse
  •  04-10-2008, 9:37 PM 45887 in reply to 45884

catching up on marianne and the course on oprah dot com and in lesson 92 it says there has never been a storm that hasn't passed

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2006. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help