Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Naked Forums » The Frothy Edge » Re: healthy and unhealthy colors

healthy and unhealthy colors

Last post 06-13-2008, 1:38 PM by Lizzie. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-27-2008, 12:33 PM 53146

healthy and unhealthy colors

anothereye, i just jotted these notes down from an article i read in a magazine about unhealthy and healthy colors.  It is simple, but just thought i would pass it along.  If is is wrong, let me know.

Healthy Purple: (mythic magic)

1.)  Connections to numinous (ceremonies, symbols, nature, art, family, celebrations, rites of passage.

2.)  Intuition (reading strangers, situations, based on gut feelings, not anayasis.)

Unhealthy Purple:

1.) Supersitions

2) Putting your primary identity ahead of the world; labeling

Healthy Red (power)

1) Take command; jump in and lead

2) Make a stand, raise a stick, steer the group your way

Unhealthy Red

1) Anger runs away with you

2) In conversation it comes back to being about you

Healthy Amber (law and order)

1) Orderly, disciplined, rule-abiding

2) Refer to Holy Books of an organized religion which provide frim guidance for your life; traditional.

Unhealthy Amber

1) My country right or wrong

2) Your religious connection to a Higher Power overides other considerations.

Healthy Orange (Autonomy)

1) You think independantly, rationaly  and autonomously

2) Strong ego based on your own perceptions and thinking; strong-minded, solid; almost willful

Unhealthy Orange

1) Saying things that are true but inappropriate that alienantes people close to you; seems like you are a jerk although that is not the case

2) You envy the enthuisiasm of true believers even though you think they are infantile

Green

Healthy Green

1) Cultivation of an interior life using meditation, prayer, or some discipline that stills the mind.

2) Sincerely inclusive of real differences in people

Unhealthy Green

1) Can't make decisions-so many points of view and so many people's opinions to take into consideration

2) Emotional reaction to hierachy

Okey just throwing that out there....i can dig up the souce of the author and magazine when i get a chance; apologizes to them for now

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  05-29-2008, 12:09 PM 53679 in reply to 53146

Re: healthy and unhealthy colors

That's a really good list. I find it to be very valuable. Thank you Lizzie :-)
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  05-29-2008, 8:59 PM 53717 in reply to 53146

Hi Lizzie,

Frankly i was surprised to see intuition assigned to the color purple; from my view the term instinct would be more appropriate. This is not just hairsplitting for me, but represents a category error, in that instinct properly belongs to the world of the pre-rational, and intuition the trans-rational.

In terms of chakras this would be the rough equivalent of equating the second with the sixth, or even the first with the seventh!

Warmly,

Charles

88W18'28" 41N58'02"

• Report abuse
  •  05-30-2008, 2:36 AM 53738 in reply to 53717

thanks Lizzie,
    I look forward to the reference.
    • Report abuse
  •  05-30-2008, 11:45 AM 53770 in reply to 53738

intuition has been connected to the third eye also.  Internal antennae develop thru higher levels of consciousness also.   As for an emotional reaction to heirachies does that include dominate heirachies?  Because personal growth heirachies and dominant are different.................Confused [8-)]

when two people agree on everything all of the time one of them is not necessary
    • Report abuse
  •  05-30-2008, 1:01 PM 53775 in reply to 53717

Chakras and the subtle body is where more writing is needed. Ken I beleive is working on it.

I am just putting out some incomplete thoughts I have on this topic. We need a book.

Each chakra has a instinct, (yawning,swollwing, breathing, elimination, etc) Intiution is empethetical reasoning. A logic based on experience. The accumilation of time (experience, karma) is a total weight for the core.The core is the center that would correspond to the second chakra but doesn't, it is the center of the whole physical body and energy body(center of being). The core is like a carrier wave for the chakra system. Intuition would seems like something coming from the head but that is the center for analytical reasoning. A logic that understands by breaking things down to their components. The heart chakra is the center for analogical reason, understanding through comparison. All three of these centers, empethetical, analogical, and analytical work together to sustain life. If one of these centers leads cause its charged then we have our own pysco drama that projects lack into a naturally abundant energy from the source.

So we surrender to give us some freedom to allow the center of being of source to become available. We doubt to resist being so as to have a boundary which to build energy to seeing that awareness grows in realationship. You need a boundary just to have one. From the one to the many and from the many to the one. The relative to the void and back again in a complete circle. One being to good to be true and the other is what defines a humans identity. What a pickle.

Claiming enlightnment to me is like claiming you breath. I honor it as a state. The universe keeps it secrets in the field of intention. Staying connected to the field of intention does not allow one to have the energy to find an identity or the process of identity is discharged do to its ephemeral quality compared to the qualities of being and becoming. The unpacking of enlightenment is the desending path and enlightnment is sought as a asending path traditionally. I have laughed died many times seing how the desending path is where creativity and emergents happen that enlightment is just as dumbfounded as a child in moving through the mystery of foward looking awareness ( rare) to hamanity recognizing itself. It a huge step to get the state and then see what comes to your mind thinking of others and how do they recognize their original face. Something so pure no  one can bring you to it, and  the spirit is certainly knocking at the door. Will it be while we are alive or as we die? Whats our source? Me as an identity or that which grants being? Around and around I go.

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  05-31-2008, 11:16 PM 53923 in reply to 53738

Hey guys,    i dont know how accurate it is, as to the theory, but it is a good bite of integral that i found in a magazine entitled Spirituality and Health (jan/feb 2008).  The article was entitled "Find Your Stage of Consciousness" with the sub-title "Before You Can Help End The Culture Wars, You Need To Know Where You Stand." The author was John Lamy who was a manager and management consultant for Hewlett Packard.  He cites Clare Graves, Don Beck, Christoher Cowan and Ken Wilber as framers of  the ideas that he used for  understanding  values conflicts and how to move beyond them.

The fun part is he has a little quiz that you can take to find out which areas you are healthy in and which areas you didnt really "transcend and include".   I found that part to be helpful in giving me a sketch of where I fell down  in my development of values.  He says the test  is a work in progress and that he would be grateful to hear  anyone's thoughts and reactions.  

So..it is not absolute ,but for me it helped to familiarize me with the areas i am  having trouble with.  It isnt perfect either; on some of the questions i felt i needed more information before i answered the questions.   It's  a good snapshot of the different values,  and fun to graph out. 

glad it helped a bit...check it out!

• Report abuse
  •  06-01-2008, 12:46 PM 53981 in reply to 53923

Dear Lizzie:  These kinds of tests are never absolute since they cannnot have the kind of reliability and validity of test where there is only one answer. However they are rated and one year, the Myers Briggs Test and the Ennegram were on Time magazine as the best personality tests.   The Myers Briggs is used so often now with business groups,  places where one is hired etc.   Myers Briggs actually used Carl Jung's ideas to develop the test and it got it's beginning at the Unv of Florida.

There is a much shorter version in the little book, "Please Understand Me" and I have experienced that it is just as telling as the longer version.   Our whole family took it when the kids were teenagers and it was very helpful for family differences.

The test you speak of seems to have given you some info that you appreciate and I do want to check the article.  The editor of that magazine used to work for Noetic

and it really covers the waterfront.  There is something for everyone.  And the title Spirituality and Health  is fairly new and one/half Integral   in Title  - or something like that.  I have found that when something clicks with me and with others from these tests that is what you keep.  They have been very valuable in my life and my work tho some really don't think the same way.   Since there is no one correct answer, it is hard for some to live with.   It seems and easy prediction that the AQAL psychograph will be the next BIG test and that it will have so many other components and be the most thorough.  The others will still be around.  Thanks for the info. I will look that up and have a feeling that I can put it to use.   Pattye

• Report abuse
  •  06-01-2008, 12:46 PM 53982 in reply to 53923

Dear Lizzie:  These kinds of tests are never absolute since they cannnot have the kind of reliability and validity of test where there is only one answer. However they are rated and one year, the Myers Briggs Test and the Ennegram were on Time magazine as the best personality tests.   The Myers Briggs is used so often now with business groups,  places where one is hired etc.   Myers Briggs actually used Carl Jung's ideas to develop the test and it got it's beginning at the Unv of Florida.

There is a much shorter version in the little book, "Please Understand Me" and I have experienced that it is just as telling as the longer version.   Our whole family took it when the kids were teenagers and it was very helpful for family differences.

The test you speak of seems to have given you some info that you appreciate and I do want to check the article.  The editor of that magazine used to work for Noetic

and it really covers the waterfront.  There is something for everyone.  And the title Spirituality and Health  is fairly new and one/half Integral   in Title  - or something like that.  I have found that when something clicks with me and with others from these tests that is what you keep.  They have been very valuable in my life and my work tho some really don't think the same way.   Since there is no one correct answer, it is hard for some to live with.   It seems and easy prediction that the AQAL psychograph will be the next BIG test and that it will have so many other components and be the most thorough.  The others will still be around.  Thanks for the info. I will look that up and have a feeling that I can put it to use.   Pattye

• Report abuse
  •  06-04-2008, 2:10 PM 54390 in reply to 53775

Your definition of intuition is not wrong however a limited picture.  Their levels of intuition also.  I for one would never associate intuition coming from the logical head center however the third eye has been associated with being able to read into other people's souls etc. Intuition is not anayltical thinking even though it can be at times.  Intuitive conclusions come about without any logic at all and  the higher level of consciousness you can have results in individuals like Caroline Myss.  She differentiates between pychic development and intuition.  Intuition evolving as a development of the self.

Their many interpretations and considering pychic and intuitive powers are hard to empirical test it is fair to say that intuition is not limited to the third chakra...

when two people agree on everything all of the time one of them is not necessary
    • Report abuse
  •  06-04-2008, 5:46 PM 54403 in reply to 54390

I also find that Carolyn M. has one of the best ways to explain differences of intuition that are "out there" to day.   Someday we may have words for all this that don't bring so many different meanings to the table.   It is a big problem, in my opinion.  And that does not mean that she has the last say but personally, it is the way I look at it for the most part for now.   Another subject that I would love to explore here.  Eventually I will have more time.   We need this thread along with some others.  Love Pattye
    • Report abuse
  •  06-04-2008, 6:34 PM 54405 in reply to 54403

You might enjoy the Wilber / Myss dialogues because they go over various definitions like spirit, soul, etc. 

Your brought up a point that I felt has been a problem also.  According to the scholar you are reading, various words are used that can imply different meanings to people however, do not reflect what the author is saying. 

Consciousness is still a new frontier........

Angel [A]

• Report abuse
  •  06-13-2008, 1:38 PM 55353 in reply to 53981

Hi pattye...thanks for the mention of the book "Please understand me"....will check it out! 

Small world that the editor of  Spirituality and Health worked for IONS...big fan of their work also.     

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2006. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help