Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

my i l p

Last post 05-18-2008, 7:15 AM by fairyfaye. 586 replies.
Page 6 of 40 (587 items)   « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-01-2006, 5:56 PM 15742 in reply to 15436

Re: my i l p

it tickles .. makes her giggle .. how some will play .. and how it doesn't matter either way

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  12-01-2006, 7:49 PM 15747 in reply to 15436

love listening to audiotalks while playing difficult level spider solitaire .. fluctuating between a 3-4% win rate .. it's such a thrill to win

lately listening to adyashanti .. and byron katie .. then reading robert a masters' newsletter00 .. and watched wayne dyer on pbs

so came a version of the at-each-red-light practice:

the truest deepest part of u is the most silent .. and when u do think, u choose (einstein's)whether the world is a friendly or hostile place

• Report abuse
  •  12-01-2006, 8:37 PM 15749 in reply to 15303

not saying naively oh everything is hunky dorey and nothing bad happens

but that u cruise it with a smile and a wink and whatever happens is received and responded to .. with yamantaka as required

• Report abuse
  •  12-01-2006, 8:53 PM 15750 in reply to 15303

the most true is the most

s   i   l   e   n   t

• Report abuse
  •  12-03-2006, 4:31 PM 15814 in reply to 15303

couldn't resist .. i know that there is nothing one can say to another to escalate their perspective .. that they have to develop on their own .. and still i could not resist

for received one of those emails that get mass forwarded amongst friends, called merry christmas:

How the "Left" Stole Christmas
    > >
    > > Twas the month before Christmas
    > > When all through our land,
    > > Not a Christian was praying
    > > Nor taking a stand.
    > > See the PC Police had taken away,
    > > The reason for Christmas - no one could say.
    > > The children were told by their schools not to sing,
    > > About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.
    > > It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say
    > > December 25th is just a "Holiday".
    > > Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit
    > > Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!
    > > CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod
    > > Something was changing, something quite odd!
    > > Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa
    > > In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.
    > > As Targets were hanging their trees upside down
    > > At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.
    > > At K-Mart and Staples and Sears and The Bay
    > > You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.
    > > Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty
    > > Are words that were used to intimidate me.
    > > Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen
    > > On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!
    > > At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter
    > > To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.
    > > And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith
    > > Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace.
    > > The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded
    > > The reason for the season, stopped before it started.
    > > So as you celebrate "Winter Break" under your "Holiday Tree"
    > > Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.
    > > Choose your words carefully, choose what you say
    > > Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy Holiday!

and couldn't stop myself from replying, changing the subject line to: happiness to all

these kinds of perspectives imply that all those who say merry christmas are the good ones who know the true meaning of love and that all those who say happy holidays are materialistic and have lost the true values

when in fact many who say merry christmas are the very ones who rush around like chickens with their heads cut off shopping shopping shopping

and some even say merry christmas and then go home and slap their kids around

and many who say happy holidays are simply being more inclusive, embracing more of humanity

ps. christ did NOT ask for a new religion to be made in his name, he was a devout jew
    and i absolutely love him with all my heart .. and believe he would be saddened to see how so-called christianity has created such divisions .. he just wanted us to all love each other

love and light and joy and deepened awareness to all

x x x o o o

i suppose she will pray for me for being so misguided yet i know that she is so deeply well-intentioned, it's beautiful

and i also know that i probably shouldn't argue with her perspective .. so much for silence! Wink [;)]

• Report abuse
  •  12-05-2006, 7:19 PM 15979 in reply to 15303

am mulling over what the dignified response is when u are told that jesus will be returning for his flock and that those who believe in him will be given new bodies and granted immortal life thru him

how to properly honor and respect people for where they are at ? especially when they appear to be at a very healthy version of the mythic stage

but u sure can't say THAT !!

• Report abuse
  •  12-05-2006, 9:05 PM 15983 in reply to 15303

was deeply deeply affected by the chanting of om at the beginning of the clip of swami sally at the isc2 gathering .. and have been focusing on the sound om during the morning sitting .. and even later during the moving meditations

becoming bewitched afterwards at how looking in the mirror, the universe reflects back in the eyes

• Report abuse
  •  12-06-2006, 7:49 PM 16039 in reply to 15303

to what degree do u engage in a dialogue with a well-intentioned christian who is trying to talk u out of an integrated worldview ? i have been sent many points to consider and am trying to respond one-by-one .. but am beginning to wonder to what avail ?

in response to her hopes that altho we have different ideas about spiritual matters, that we can discuss them and try to get to the truth in a loving, kind and gentle way .. i said yes i'm sure we can honor and respect each others' beliefs without trying to convert each other

in response to her upset about easter having to compete with bunny rabbits and eggs .. and the christmas tree changing to a holiday tree .. i told her how the symbols of eggs and rabbits actually came first, as annual celebrations of vernal equinox before it was later deemed that easter be celebrated at the same time

and ditto for christmas .. how the egyptians used trees and boughs for ceremonials before there was a christmas tree and how the christians wanted in on partying that occurred each winter solstice so deemed that the birth of jesus be celebrated then ..

i went on to say that i believe she is interested in the "truth" so these kinds of facts should be included .. every time we are not including something, we should ask ourselves why

and then (oh yikes!) i went where perhaps no integral should tread with a mythic believer .. i said that i do love jesus with all my heart and soul but am coming from a different layer of christ consciousness .. and it's not that one of us is 'wrong' and the other is 'right' .. we are both right at the level we are coming from

as well, she had responded (to what i had previously said about jesus not wanting a religion named after him, that he was a devout jew and that i believe he would be saddened to see how so-called christianity has created such divisions .. he just wanted us to all love each other) she told me to first read his words and teachings, instead of relying on what others say about it, and to then tell her what I believe he would think, say and feel.

to this i told her that i have read the entire new testament (just not all of the old) .. and that it is filled with beautiful gems .. absolutely undoubtedly

but that there are also other beautiful texts, many of them even older than the bible which also contain spiritual wisdom of the ages .. and that the story of adam and eve had appeared waaaaaaaay before the bible (the names were different of course, but the story the same)

and asked whether she believes that moses really did part the red sea and that jesus really was born of a virgin, or whether things like these are symbolic of deeper truths ??

and finally, to my previous comment that many who say happy holidays are simply being more inclusive, embracing more of humanity .. she then responded that those people are conforming to political rightness

to this i said be careful not to confuse political correctness with sincerity .. don't underestimate the hearts of those u don't understand

there were many more points that she had made that i haven't yet gotten to .. but am wondering whether i should just back down and smile and nod (now how do u do THAT in email??)

• Report abuse
  •  12-06-2006, 7:56 PM 16040 in reply to 15303

oooooommmmmmoooooommmmmmoooooommmmmm

like a wave a hush the wind the breath

• Report abuse
  •  12-06-2006, 7:59 PM 16042 in reply to 15436

i lit a candle for ken's health .. my heart is swelling .. ken i love u sooooooooooo much .. we all love u sooooooooo much .. bhaishajaguru . . .

• Report abuse
  •  12-07-2006, 5:00 PM 16090 in reply to 15303

how can this most conscious man be unconscious ??

where are u right now in your unconsciousness ?

you're arising in my awareness . . .

• Report abuse
  •  12-08-2006, 4:49 PM 16147 in reply to 15303

in colin's beautiful blog this morning, he said ken is nearer to u than your own skin

i have read ken say close your eyes and listen to the sounds around u .. can u tell the difference between which sound is outside of u and which is inside ? no because the in and the out are one and the same

• Report abuse
  •  12-09-2006, 5:38 AM 16175 in reply to 15303

thank u god for thankfulness

• Report abuse
  •  12-09-2006, 11:07 AM 16203 in reply to 15303

nomali said ken is getting better and our hearts are singing and the sky is sweet tender blue with white swirls and twirls of fairies dancing laughing it's a wondrous day

• Report abuse
  •  12-10-2006, 8:12 AM 16272 in reply to 15303

in the friendly email debate about christianity and spirituality, i had been told .. (in response to my saying that many who say happy holidays are simply being more inclusive, embracing more of humanity) .. that those people to her, are conforming to political rightness .. to which i had responded be careful not to confuse political correctness with sincerity, don't underestimate the hearts of those u don't understand

she replied she hopes never to do that .. and that it's okay for non-christians to say happy holidays but that they shouldn't force christians to conform .. or ban it from stores .. she just wants the right to sing christmas carols and wish people merry christmas openly

she is concerned about .. where political correctness is heading if left unchecked .. about the movement which tries to ban god/christ from government buildings, schools and public places .. about there even being a group which tries to ban the bible has hate literature

i agreed that political correctness can be a real problem .. a chinese man who brutally killed his wife in america for adultery was let off in the court system because "that is what they do in his culture and who are we to interfere with other cultures" .. total madness .. in fear of offending, morals are getting lost

adding that as well, there seems to be a problem where many christians (not you, i'm sure) believe they have a monopoly on god .. they equate godliness with being christians .. ie if you are not christian, then you re not godly .. that is very reductionistic and narrowminded and gives christ a bad rap

• Report abuse
Page 6 of 40 (587 items)   « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help