Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Flow

Last post 06-30-2006, 10:42 PM by geomo. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-30-2006, 10:42 PM 702

• geomo is not online. Last active: 08-29-2006, 9:32 PM geomo
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-21-2006
    • Fairfax, VA
    • Posts 74
    • Points 1,115

Flow

My teacher recently shared a cool practice with me.  Really he just discovered it and was sharing it with all students as a means of maintaining an intent to serve from one's higher self.  The practice requires initially just a short mantra and focus on serving from the higher self.  You can choose what words may resonate with you.  The suggested mantra is first rather long: "I set the intent to have the strength to be caring, kind, compassionate, considerate, loving, truthful and giving, on all levels of my being (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual) in order to serve all beings (in or out of body) on all levels."  I know that's a bit much to repeat as a mantra, but those are just words, and the "feeling" of those words can be just held in mind as one repeats any mantra.  If you are aware of subtle energy currents in your body, pay attention to the heart chakra or the area around the sternum.  If you are currently in a selfish mode you might feel some contraction in that area as your ego does not want to let go an serve.  Maintain the mantra for maybe ten minutes (shorter if you are not particularly contracted), and you might actually feel that contraction relax, indicating energetic "flow" outward in service as opposed to being needy and drawing inward.  Imagine yourself "leading" with your heart in that outward flow, as if you are a fountain of goodwill.  I have found it very beneficial to use that practice during daily activity when it can be difficult to maintain attunement to Truth.

Peace

Keith

Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart. -unknown
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help