Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Naked Forums » Nugget Box » Re: Banish Helene to 7th Circle for Spamming, Please

Banish Helene to 7th Circle for Spamming, Please

Last post 12-14-2006, 11:53 PM by rholden. 504 replies.
Page 34 of 34 (505 items)   « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-16-2006, 12:11 PM 15040 in reply to 15004

Re: Banish Helene to 7th Circle for Spamming, Please

jperez:

Adastra and Tamgoddess,

Much has been written here that I'm coming too late to the conversation to comment on, but since I've survived 33 pages of posts to make it to this point I do have the energy to thank you both (esp. in regard to your actions as volunteer moderators) for doing the sometimes painful work of keeping the spam in the forums to a minimum.

Repetitive spam that disrupts the forum despite numerous warnings is a clear violation of the forum rules, as you know, so thanks for doing what you've been able to do in a frustrating situation of nonresponsiveness from staff. It seems not too long ago (was it a year already?) the staff was much more responsive in handling one disruptive member of the old IN forum, and apparently there have been other cases that were handled with greater ease. I'm not sure what went wrong in this case (which I haven't followed closely, though the member in question is familiar to me from her days spamming the old IN forum) but I regret it. I hope and trust the nonresponsiveness is a short-term issue that will be corrected.

On a more positive note, I will add that reading through 33 pages of posts was NOT a total waste of my time and I got many laughs and insights along the way. Ironically enough many of my loudests laughs came from breezing pasts Helene's posts which can be quite endearing for their childlike beauty and originality ... if one's exposure to them is infrequent, voluntary, and in short bursts.

I've always enjoyed your contributions to the IN discussions and your work in building community, and hope those interactions continue be it on IN, Zaadz, or wherever.

All the best,

Joe

Thanks, Joe. Interestingly, I have felt a growing sense of kinship with Helen in all of this, for various reasons I don't even want to bother going into anymore.

Your appreciation is gratefully accepted.

Liz

Upgrade to ISC!
    http://integralinstitute.org/public/static/multispirit.aspx
    http://pods.gaia.com/ii
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  11-16-2006, 1:18 PM 15046 in reply to 15040

Friends

First of all, i want to echo Jason's most sincere regret that there is a very common perception of a sort of disconnent between Integral Institute and these forums.  Much of this is my own fault, as my own interaction has been minimal over the past few months--simply due to the fact that while trying to hold all of Integral Naked on the technical and content side of the street, i have been unable to carve out enough bandwidth to be as involved here as i would like to be.  While we have been trying to take care of several of these issues on our end (and thus there hasn't been a complete vacuum), i probably should have done better to communicate this to you all.  I feel like i have let several of you down, which i need you to know has never ever been my intention.  Jason and myself are both committing ourselves to making sure no one feels this way again.

As for the Helen situation, we are in the exceptionally difficult position of having to make a decision that will surely create some blowback either way we go.  It seems that as many of you genuinely value her contributions to this forum as those who find her to be a general nuisance.  So, after much internal discussion, we have come to the conclusion that Helen's posts are for the most part not aligned with the Forum Road Rules.  This has nothing to do with whether or not Helen is speaking from her "highest self," but has more to do with her seeming disregard for a community that has done everything it can to try to include her in the forum culture while insisting that she modify some of her disruptive behavior patterns.  So Helen will now be limited to posting in The Seventh Circle, which as most of you know is our only forum NOT governed by our road rules.  We will revisit this decision in a month, provided Helen is able to take a serious look at WHY so many people might find her so disruptive, acknowledge there is an actual problem here, and makes an effort to change some of these patterns.  Helen is not a bad person, as most of you know she is an exceptionally sweet woman, and i honestly think that for whatever reason she is simply not aware of how seriously annoyed many of you are (despite the 30-something pages of this post.)  There are no character judgments at all in this decision to "banish" her from the main forums, but we are insisting upon a demonstrable change of behavior.

And in terms of forum moderators - this is a very big problem which has obviously been reinforced by communication that has recently been nebulous at best.  So to clarify: THERE ARE CURRENLY NO FORUM MODERATORS WHO ARE NOT PAID I-I STAFF.  It was my understanding that the "mod squad" had been officially dismantled before i took the Integral Naked reigns from Casey, but i can see from more thorough reading of these posts that it hasn't.  Well, it is now.  Thank you so much Arthur and Liz and everyone else who has assisted us here in the past--considering the overall lack of communication i can certainly understand your frustration as of late.  From your perspective, you had been asked to moderate, and as i was told there were no longer ANY moderators (and evidentally you were not told the same) it must have really felt like we were leaving you out in the cold.  And for that, i invite you to listen to "I'm sorry" by Alvin and the Chipmunks.  I love you guys, and hate to think you have been more or less disillusioned about this wonderful forum community we've got going on here.

In the future, if you need to get in touch with me due to forum issues, or anything Integral Naked related, or if you even just want to say hi, PLEASE email me at cdevos at integralinstitute.org.  Don't rely on the private messages; i am just as frustrated with the lack of notification.  I am here for you guys, and i love you all dearly.

Corey W. deVos (dj rekluse)
    Brand Manager, Integral Naked
    Audio Manager, Integral Institute
    Managing Editor, KenWilber.com
  •  11-16-2006, 1:48 PM 15050 in reply to 15046

Thanks, Corey.

Just to clarify, we all resigned as mods, so we didn't feel that we were still expected to play that role. We simply were trying to fix a problem and still had some moderator powers. So it looks like that has finally been taken care of and we no longer have powers.

I would also like to clarify something else. One could assume from Jason's post that we were simply not trying very hard to communicate. That's not the case. We did try those methods that were suggested to us by you, and were unsuccessful. Your apology for that is gratefully and warmly accepted.

Liz

Upgrade to ISC!
    • Report abuse
  •  11-16-2006, 3:46 PM 15060 in reply to 15050

"One could assume from Jason's post that we were simply not trying very hard to communicate."

My apologies if my message came off that way.  I know our sites are a bit confusing (there's a help near the search box AND a help at the bottom of the page both of which are different, sheesh!!) so sometimes I wonder if people even know our Member Services Center exists and figured a thread with as much traffic as this one would make for a great place to remind people.

Myself and others here at I-I are going to do everything we can to make sure that future lines of communication we do suggest to community members always lead somewhere and that nothing gets dropped or forgotten.  Part of Phase II of Integral Institute is addressing many of the problems that arose in Phase I, so rest assured we're doing our best to work on issues like this as well as many others!

Jason

I'm thinkin' of something orange. Something orange. Give up? It's an orange.
    • Report abuse
  •  11-16-2006, 4:46 PM 15065 in reply to 15060

Thanks. I'm pleased that things seem to be turning a corner.

Liz

Upgrade to ISC!
    • Report abuse
  •  11-17-2006, 6:06 AM 15107 in reply to 15065

Me too.  Glad to see you back Liz Big Smile [:D]  I've got a bit more time these days--so will try to lurk less.  I appreciate these forums and II immensely.  Here's to communication

• Drinks [D]Cake [^]Gift [G]Party!!! [<:o)]Paradise [ip]

Chris

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  11-18-2006, 7:06 AM 15171 in reply to 15107

decided to share a thought or two seeing i didn't see Corey's above post bef. my decision to speak with Jason. hi J! was nice talking w/u . i do agree some folks are very serious about I-I naked. (me? i can be a playgrrl if i wana now and then...pain is the behiny too apparently)

first, i am posting here not out of spite or anything, bec. i figured if i did post this in 7th Circle , Corey and Jason might not read what i wana sayeth......

i do respect you decision to limit for 30 days, my posting to the unregulated branch-station , the 7th Circle.

second, i do respect Ken Wilber's  work - his Integral vision for the world tremendously. i read only a handful of his books (and) tho am not familliar with his latest few , i'm sure their wow-factor will be making ripples on the world-stage for years to come.

third, i do regret my unrully ways upset many INaked community members ... someone said i post about "my children" . my home, my life-experience is where i got me' hands-on learning. i don't mind knowing this is annoying to some. live and learn. glad i know this.

another memeber said / posted , "you need a lot of attention" - those who know me well, might disagree. strangers talk to me! ...on Integral Relationships thread i post-scribbled in-the-moment  last sat. about an instant raport the door-installer man and moi had the instant he stepped through the door. he full of ' when they hired me and  how i handlled the house-addition dilema , when a house addition got built over septic tank and smelld to hight heaven' - stories...thought it 'relevant' to 'integral relationships'..wos being in-the-moment kinda thing.

is my accent-grammar disrutive/annoying to some? i blame karma!

helen's  (saddam's too) leg became gangrene-infested which is best removed  before 'contaminating' the rest of the 'community body'...better suffer the amputated 'phantom leg pain' for a time . and who said patience is not a virtue?

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  11-18-2006, 10:06 AM 15183 in reply to 15107

hope2006:

Me too.  Glad to see you back Liz Big Smile [:D]  I've got a bit more time these days--so will try to lurk less.  I appreciate these forums and II immensely.  Here's to communication

• Drinks [D]Cake [^]Gift [G]Party!!! [<:o)]Paradise [ip]

Chris

I keep an eye on things, post occasionally, but most of my energy is over at IIzaadz. So I wouldn't say "I'm back" in the way I used to be. That's over.

Liz

Upgrade to ISC!
    • Report abuse
  •  11-25-2006, 8:49 AM 15485 in reply to 5290

adastra:

The following is my own personal perception; in so far as I can, I am speaking from my highest self.

34 pages later and "personal perception" is still confused as "highest self."

later,

gene

• Report abuse
  •  12-14-2006, 11:53 PM 16593 in reply to 5301

• rholden is not online. Last active: 08-04-2007, 11:02 PM rholden
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-19-2006
    • San Antonio
    • Posts 173
    • Points 2,830

"There seems to be a situation where threads get hijacked by inappropriate postings of yours. What I have noticed is that you will post several things, unrelated to the topic at hand, and the thread will simply die. "

Really? I always thought that I was the thread killer. Seriously, in the 5 years or so that I've posted on and off, I've noticed that posts always end when I chime in. So statistically speaking this thread is over and everyone can get on with it.

rick

"The extreme complexity of man's emotional reactions to life finds necessarily its counterpart in his attitude to death." -Malinowski
    • Report abuse
Page 34 of 34 (505 items)   « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help