Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Feedback for AQAL Journal

Last post 12-03-2007, 8:53 PM by mrksteele. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-20-2007, 10:11 AM 20889 in reply to 20547

Re: Feedback for AQAL Journal

Hello there: I have one technical question for anyone with the tech savvy: how might we break-up the large .pdf of a journal into smaller .pdfs? I would like to send an article here and there to an interested colleague... Durwin
    Durwin Foster, M.A.
    Doctoral Student, Counselling Psychology Program
    University of British Columbia
    Vancouver, Canada
    durwinfoster@gmail.com
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  03-20-2007, 1:08 PM 20891 in reply to 20888

Re: feedback for aqal journal

hi durwin,

you had left a message on the 'integral psychology' thread that you were 'presenting on feminist therapy on tuesday'.  i took that, incorrectly, to mean you were presenting at some sort of conference.  terminology can definitely be a problem!  ambiguities can lead to serious misunderstandings.  for example, do you mean two and a half out of seven days, or out of five days?  in the latter case, you could actually be present four and a half out of the seven days of a week!  my guess is five days, and i often go with a guess for practical reasons--it would be too much trouble to get more precise information, but i could easily be wrong.

in my case, i don't mind being wrong, as long as people inform me, which you've done.  i feel it's better than either assuming i'm right or pestering others unduly about what exactly do they mean.  in the case of the integral psychology article in aqal journal, however, i feel we have an appropriate occasion to discuss terminology, so that we can begin to understand each other better.

hope you had a good presentation and are now enjoying the presence of your daughters (have i got that right?),

ralph

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  12-03-2007, 8:53 PM 33016 in reply to 20891

Re: feedback for aqal journal

Hi all,

I just wanted to acknowledge the Fall 2024 AQAL Journal being posted a few days ago.

I'm a boomer who's going back to school to finish what I started about 30 years ago. Integral Psychology wasn't offered back then... Stick out tongue [:P]

I'm finishing up a community college 'Intro to Psychology' class and it's been really fascinating. I alternate from being horrified at the almost total focus on the right-hand quadrants to being hopeful when I read about the 'Biopsychosocial Approach'.  A quote from my book defines it as "an integrated perspective that incorporates biological, psychological, and social-cultural levels of analysis") Sounds like the quadrants, I wonder if he has read Kens work...

Anyway I really liked this sentence in the editorial introduction "... Wilber’s Integral Psychology is foundational to almost any Integral endeavor. After all, if you do not have a comprehensive view of human psychology it is hard to have an integral view of anything that involves humans. Thus, Integral Psychology serves as a keystone to most other Integral efforts."

The topics look fascinating and I love that the focus in on
    Psychology.

Many thanks and congrats on another great AQAL Journal issue!

Mark

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
Page 2 of 2 (18 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help