Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Welcome to the ILP Kit Forum!

Last post 08-26-2007, 2:41 PM by NormaGorst. 36 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (37 items)   1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-26-2007, 2:25 PM 22070

Welcome to the ILP Kit Forum!

Reply Quote

Hello Friends,

I would like to welcome you to the ILP Kit forum.  The purpose of this forum is to be a resource for community interaction around using the Kit.  And that's, um.... about as far as I've gotten.  Smile [:)]  I'm hoping that all of you can help me from here.  Supporting your practice in any way that I can is my primary objective, so please share your experiences of using the Kit!

As the Chief Development Officer here at I-I, managing the ILP Kit product is one of my areas of focus.  Here are some of the questions that I am interested in to start:

- What benefits have you experienced from using the Kit?

- What are some of the things that you like the best? 

- What are some of the things that you would like to see improved or added?

- How can I/I-I support you in making better use of the Kit and deepening your practice?

I look forward to hearing from you.

In service,

Huy

Huy Lam
    Chief Development Officer
    Integral Institute
    • Post Points: 125
    • Report abuse
  •  04-26-2007, 8:25 PM 22074 in reply to 22070

Re: Welcome!

Reply Quote
    hey huylam:   Can I have your phone number?   Pattye
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  04-26-2007, 11:15 PM 22079 in reply to 22074

Reply Quote

Sure, it's 303-545-5445 ext 110.

Huy Lam
    Integral Institute
    • Report abuse
  •  04-27-2007, 9:18 AM 22087 in reply to 22079

Reply Quote

Oh Great!  I wanted to talk to the really old man with the neat eyebrows and what-ever else that other was.  You look like you are ten years old, tho I know you have a wife and baby.   I had to respond to protect myself .   To explain     but then you got me didn't you.  Nice Catch.  I will be writing.  I l ove the ILP.   Pattye 

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  05-03-2007, 8:55 AM 22230 in reply to 22070

Re: Welcome to the ILP Kit Forum!

Reply Quote

Hello Huy,

Thank you for beginning this forum.

When I first became aware of the kit, I was excited that such a thing existed and was most interested in getting a chance to experience the Big Mind Process.  The reason being that it seemed pretty easy to put together my own ILP without the kit but the BMP was calling me.  I wanted to taste Big Mind and see if it was like any experiences I've already had.  Or, so I could recognize if I've already been in touch with Big Mind and therefore be able to embody it more readily.  I was disappointed at the end because I wasn't positive I had contacted Big Mind but then I thought, "Who is disappointed?  Is this disappointment arising inside of me or outside of me?"  And then I thought, "I've got it!"  But then I asked, "Who has it?  Is he arising inside of Big Mind?  Outside?"  It was pretty funny and a relief.

I did have some pleasant surprises.

I felt and still feel much more a part of an Integral Sangha then I did before.  I had always felt connected by virtue of reading Ken's books and therefore allowing my mind and heart to mingle with his but this was different because of all of the other people involved.

I wanted the Big Mind experience the most but have found that going through all of the other voices and meeting and recognizing some voices of my own to be very energizing and interesting and I FEEL more integrated.  It seems fairly easy to understand the integral model but because these voices are both set free and limited at the same time it is like the fully functioning integrated self just naturally wakes up and the feeling is like, "let's play!"

Something about incorporating FIT principles into my workout also seems to have leaked into the rest of my day.  I don't have room in my house for weights or the money for a gym pass but have been doing push ups, sit ups, pull ups, running and jumping rope for like12 years.  I now go through the grounding, charging, performing the set, release process with each set and I really do feel like the 3 bodies are resonating more clearly.  I feel more in touch with the openness of the causal, the energy of the subtle and the sensations of the gross.  

Another very significant change is how I relate to others.  For instance, even without going through the 321 process, when I get provoked by someone during the day, the inherited experience and memory of previous 321 sessions and voice dialogue and 3 body workouts comes up and there is an almost automatic disarming and a kind of recalibration of body, speech and mind.  I'm not absolutely positive that this is what is really happening but it seems like I touch into the ever present at-easeness of the causal body which then allows for any kind of experience to take place with all kinds of energy in an open way.  And of course, because I can recognize these different aspects of myself I can start to recognize them in others and I really feel like I am communicating in a much bigger or more whole and allowing way then before.  I'm a little bit worried that this sounds like I'm making grandiose claims but I think that is either because of the efficacy of engaging in an ILP or because I actually am making grandiose claims.  

Sometimes when reading Buddhist books it seems like being in touch with the dharmakaya(causal) and the samboghakaya(subtle) is some real advanced thing that takes forever and a day to be able to do but according to the kit we are actually getting in touch with them from day 1.  Why is that?  I ask because I feel like I am getting in touch with these but I have great respect for the various wisdom lineages and so those 2 bits of information don't seem to equate.

II can support me by having an ILP seminar on the East coast.  I know that Colin Bigelow is from Vermont (The same town I live in) so perhaps Ken and the gang could throw an ILP seminar together combined with a visit to Colin's hometown(:

Do you recommend leaning on the kit if I wanted to start an ILP group?

Thank you,

Jeffrey

• Post Points: 65
    • Report abuse
  •  05-03-2007, 6:17 PM 22251 in reply to 22230

Reply Quote

Dear Huy and Jeffre  -     I had planned to get back sooner and had some distractions.   I want to say  more than I  "just love ILP".   I still do not have as much time as I want.

Jeffery:  I look forward to seeing the answer to some of your question and was glad for your interesting response.  I didn't want to thread to go away.  Soon    Pattye

• Report abuse
  •  05-04-2007, 12:33 AM 22261 in reply to 22070

• davids is not online. Last active: 09-09-2007, 11:18 PM davids
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Points 150

Reply Quote

Hi Huy,

I love the ILP kit and am in the process of setting out a regular practice i am woundering where i can find info re the aux modules? im particularly interested in the area of integral sexual yoga iv'e watched/listened to what i have been able to find at integral naked things like david deida's clips (iv'e seen his website and theres courses and a book there which look interesting and i will probably order). ive had some experience with tantric/taoist sexual practices but want to have an integral viewpoint approach. yet to join myilp forum so maybe there is some info there about the aux modules - any help / steering in right direction i would appreciate! im also interested in the area of music which may double as a career for me. thanks huy love the kit!

Hi!
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  05-04-2007, 9:21 AM 22270 in reply to 22261

Reply Quote

Hey Huy,

naaah don't want your numberStick out tongue [:P] just dropin' in to say if  per chance you get bored with ILP kit 'ave a mosy over to The 7th Circle for bunch of Isis Tarot reading tips, eh?

• Report abuse
  •  05-04-2007, 11:08 AM 22277 in reply to 22230

Reply Quote

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for sharing your ILP Kit story.  I always enjoy hearing how people are using it, and what they find most useful.  I'm particularly happy to hear that you are noticing the benefits in different aspects of your life.  That's one of the primary goals that we had in mind, when we created the Kit!  The true value of engaging in these practices is when we can take the new insights into our lives and bring more love and understanding into everything that we do.

I can very much resonate with your experience in how you are relating to others now.  I have noticed very simililar experiences myself - particularly in challenging situations, like getting my 3 year old daughter to do something she doesn't want to do.  :-)   Trying to be an Integral parent is part of my practice, and all the modules can be combined in that alone.  Here's an example:

Let's say I want to get my daughter, Sky, to go to bed at night and she doesn't want to.  I'm tired, after a long day, and I'm looking forward to some relaxation - so immediately I feel her resistance as something to overcome.  One approach would be to just 'make' her go to bed, since I am the parent afterall.  But if she's upset and crying, that actually not very conducive to her going to sleep.  Plus it's not fun for me either.  At the same time, I don't want to be a push-over and not set clear boundaries.  So what do I do?

I can first realize that there's multiple perspectives here to hold (mind) - mine, hers, and the goal of what needs to happen.  I can notice my own contraction, and explore what my expectations and intentions are.  I've noticed that anytime that I think someone else 'should' be doing something I want them to, and aren't, that it's a good opportunity to ask what I'm projecting (shadow).  I can feel into the energetics at play in the situation, and guide them in a non-conflicting way (3 body).  Instead of telling her to stop playing and get ready for bed, I can just give her a piggy-back ride to her room and make getting ready for bed part of the play.  And finally, I can be aware of what 'voice' I'm coming from as a parent.  I certainly like to use the controller a lot, but how can I rest in Big Heart (spirit) and let the love that I have for my daughter guide me in every interaction?

With regards to your question about the subtle and causal bodies as they relate to the Vajrayana Buddhism, that's a good question.  I'm not an expert in those teachings, but I can offer my perspective as a 3-Body teacher.  These capacities are always available to us, just like Big Mind.  Our attention is typically focused on the gross realm and in not-so-big mind...  But with practice, we can enhance our ability to shift our perspective as appropriate, and even hold these multiple perspectives, as we go through our day.  I imagine that some of the Tibetan teachings are about enhancing these capacities to a very high level, through dedicated practice.  That's certainly a deep path to follow, but we can also make use of these same principles in more practical ways as well.

Finally, we did have an ILP seminar on the East coast last year.  Why didn't you go? :-)  We don't have another one planned out there yet, but I will pass along the request to our seminar team for you.

I almost forgot about your last question.  Yes, I think using the ILP Kit to get a group together to practice is a great idea.  There already many groups out there doing it.  If you get a group together, let me know and I can put you in touch with a couple other group facilitators.

All the best!

Huy 

Huy Lam
    Integral Institute
    • Report abuse
  •  05-04-2007, 1:44 PM 22278 in reply to 22261

Reply Quote

Hi David,

Right now we haven't finished the development of any aux modules.  I think continuing to study Deida's work is probably your best bet if you are interested in sexual yoga.  I would definitely recommend one of his live seminars if you want to go deep into some practice. 

As for your musical interests, have you seen these clips from IN:  http://in.integralinstitute.org/live/life_art.aspx ? Stuart Davis is our resident Integral rock star, so his work is also really great.

I'm glad you love the Kit!  I would love to hear more about your experiences in working with it and any feedback you have.

Thanks,

Huy

Huy Lam
    Integral Institute
    • Report abuse
  •  05-04-2007, 3:03 PM 22283 in reply to 22278

Reply Quote
    Hi Huy

Just pok'n me nose in to say...

DUDE!  Ya bin Helene'd!  Stick out tongue [:P]

Fear not, it's something of an initiation in these parts.  She's a clown-troll, flies under a lot of people's radar.  Craziii wot?

Anything in the ILP kit on dealing with subintegral interpersonal noise?  Hmm [^o)]

cheerio,
    r.thor

p.s. I had a really funny picture to go with this - you woulda loved it.  Unfortunately I got a message saying "You do not have permission to upload or link to files.  Please contact your system administrator."  Now that's interesting.

Upgrade to ISC!
    http://integralinstitute.org/public/static/multispirit.aspx
    http://pods.zaadz.com/ii
    • Report abuse
  •  05-04-2007, 3:21 PM 22288 in reply to 22283

Reply Quote
    Hello Huy:
    A couple of months ago I had a free day and set it aside as an at-home retreat day -- this was the first time i structured my own retreat, rather than relying on a context set by others. 
    That day, in addition to meditating, I used the kata video for the first time. 
    Well, I really liked it!  I found it quite helpful, indeed, and have continued to use the kata quite regularly.

I have decided that I would like my group practice contexts to be more integrally-informed, so rather than going back to my past zen group, i thought I would try to get something going more regularly here in Vancouver. 

You mentioned knowing a couple of facilitators.  Could you please put me in touch with them?

Thanks, man!
    (We have to be the leaders we want to see...)

P.S.  My offsite e-mail is durwinfoster@gmail.com.  I don't mind you contacting me there...of course, I may respond back to you that way :)

Durwin Foster, M.A.
    Doctoral Student, Counselling Psychology Program
    University of British Columbia
    Vancouver, Canada
    durwinfoster@gmail.com
    • Report abuse
  •  05-04-2007, 4:02 PM 22289 in reply to 22230

Reply Quote
    When I first became aware of the kit, I was excited that such a thing existed and was most interested in getting a chance to experience the Big Mind Process.  The reason being that it seemed pretty easy to put together my own ILP without the kit but the BMP was calling me.  I wanted to taste Big Mind and see if it was like any experiences I've already had.  Or, so I could recognize if I've already been in touch with Big Mind and therefore be able to embody it more readily.  I was disappointed at the end because I wasn't positive I had contacted Big Mind but then I thought, "Who is disappointed?

Hi Jeffrey

Big Mind has been discussed recently in this thread (NOTE: "this thread" is a hyperlink...for some reason it isn't showing up as such.  It seems the software here is still buggy, i.e. the virtual LL needs some LR tech support.)

I'm curious as to what the other experiences were that you were hoping to attain with the Big Mind/Big Heart process? 

Huy, I'm curious as to how effective you feel a "DVD transmission" of the BM/BH process can be.  Even in the case of a group BM/BH process (see above linked thread) some people have expressed scepticism that they are having a genuine Big Mind experience.  Do you think it may be that some (or many) people need a one-to-one transmission initially to really "get" the BM/BH process?  Also, how can someone tell if they are having a genuine experience?  It seems to me that the capacity for self-deception when working alone (or with other people who've not had direct transmission) would be enormous.  What is the importance and relevance of interpersonal interaction in doing this kind of work?

For that reason, I'd be very curious to hear from people who have worked with audio-visual presentations of the BM/BH process initially, then later had a group and/or individual BM/BH experience.  How does working with the DVD compare with group and one-to-one work?

spiral out,
    arthur

Upgrade to ISC!
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  05-04-2007, 4:07 PM 22290 in reply to 22283

Reply Quote
    p.s. I had a really funny picture to go with this - you woulda loved it.  Unfortunately I got a message saying "You do not have permission to upload or link to files.  Please contact your system administrator."  Now that's interesting.

It turns out that the privileges are set differently in this section of the Multiplexiverse - I can still upload pictures elsewhere.  (I'm also hereby instructing the voices in my head to switch to decaf.)  I think I can still cut and paste pictures here, so here is what I was trying to upload in my first post:

The image “http://multiplex.integralinstitute.org/Public/cs/forums/storage/212/22287/troll.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

cheers
    arthur

Upgrade to ISC!
    • Report abuse
  •  05-04-2007, 4:11 PM 22291 in reply to 22290

Reply Quote

Here's a link to the picture.  This has now officially gone on too long to be even amusing to me anymore, so I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.  Big Smile [:D]

spiral out,
    arthur

Upgrade to ISC!
    • Report abuse
Page 1 of 3 (37 items)   1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help