Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

(ILP) Where are the Auxillary Modules?!

Last post 06-15-2007, 12:02 PM by Mentis. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-28-2007, 11:11 AM 23467

(ILP) Where are the Auxillary Modules?!

As I read through "My ILP Handbook" which is book 2 of 3 that came with the starter kit - I notice there is great chart on the first page of the book titled "The Integral Life Practice Matrix". As I read through the Core and then the Auxiliary modules, my heart rate increases as I spot several "Gold Star" practices that sound exciting and that i'm sure will be covered in the handbook. The "Transmuting Emotions" item under the Emotions Aux. Module is of particular interest to me. Like an excited little puppy dog now I turn to the Tabel of Contents so that I can skip ahead to read about that practice... But its not there. As my heart sinks down into my belly like an acid trip suddenly gone real bad, I realize that this handbook is not even going to touch on any of the Gold Star practices under the Auxiliary modules. This is just criminal!! I suddenly realize that i'll likely be able to get a lead from the forums on myILP.com --- and so I go there with my little serial number handy. I click on the "Get Connected" button and am taken to a Survey, which I eagerly fill out, and fire it back off to wherever it came from. Then i'm taken to a screen that thanks me, and thats that. What? No forums? No... anything? No-thing. Another dead end. So, what is an egg to do now? Whats next? And most importantly - egg wants to understand why, when compared to the vast resources available on the Integral Multiplex, why the ILP kit is so minimalistic? The feeling is familiar, unfortunately. Feels like I just got somehow cheated. Actually - I got that feeling the first day I opened my kit. The bulk of the material in the kit is exremely redundant. I feel like there is a large emphasis on content (as opposed to framework) - and even at that, the minimal amount of content that is present resembles to me to be "pumped" like so much steaks sold by door-to-door salesmen that shrink up to 1/2 the size when you put them on the grill. I was hoping more for something timeless,  something that would help me assess and make critical decisions about what kinds of practices need to be put together and how. For example, how much effort would it take to put together an ILP Practice Matrix that is actually Integral and that Includes a nice bulky and Comprehensive list of practices, and where they go...? It just seems extremly watered down and focusing mostly on special practices done by Ken's close friends. Come on. How hard would it be to include a nice healthy list of established practices that are already out there and that people are already familar with? Some things I would like to see on the table might be, for example, NLP, Aikido, Focusing (Ghendlin), Existentialism, LGAT (so-called "Large Group Awareness Training"), Hypnosis, Reiki, etc... I could go on forever.  I'm sorry but I thought you guys could have done a LOT better on the kit. :(

A survivor looks to the past to tell him who he is, but a fool creates himself in every moment. So ask yourself - would you rather be a survivor, or a fool?
  •  06-05-2007, 2:57 PM 24030 in reply to 23467

Re: (ILP) Where are the Auxillary Modules?!

Thanks for the Feedback!  I will make sure the current management team reads your post.  As far as the Emotional transmutation information goes I would be glad to point you in the right direction.  I have been studying this subject for almost 3 yrs (my dad is an expert in the field).  The single best book is "Emotional Clearing" by John Ruskan.  There is a handful of theoretical errors... but overall its written from an integral perspective.

Also, here is a link to a free PDF on Integral Clearing work.  Other PDFs can be purchased.

http://integrativeclearingwork.com/ICW/?share-it=1326

Also look for videos about Transmutation of emotions from Diane hamilton and willow pearson to be run on IN this summer.

Responding more generally to your concerns, I-I can be the expert in theory and the framework within which you organize your practice, but we can't be the expert in everything.  Hopefully with the help of our community (members like yourself) we can grow to provide a more robust catalog of information.

Jason Digges
    audio video designer
    integral institute
  •  06-06-2007, 7:48 AM 24070 in reply to 24030

Jason -

that link is not to a free PDF, please clarify and provide an actual link if one is available

edit: ok, so eventually I received an email response to my registration which did provide instructions that led to a link that provided the promised free PDF - still, a little bit of bait & switch to get there

thanks,

Brett
  •  06-06-2007, 9:43 AM 24078 in reply to 24070

Yeah you have to sign up and activate your account to get a free PDF.  Its bit cumbersome, but you can get there.  The advanced PDF, which cost money, details the practices on Emotional clearing updated with an integral perspective.

Jason Digges
    audio video designer
    integral institute
  •  06-06-2007, 1:09 PM 24086 in reply to 24078

Jason thanks for the reply, I will definitely look into those leads. Can you see my point though, that if the ILP kit makes an obvious reference to specific "gold star" practices then it should probably include at least a little bit of info about them in the kit?

How can a poor soul like me afford to be integral these days? ;)

A survivor looks to the past to tell him who he is, but a fool creates himself in every moment. So ask yourself - would you rather be a survivor, or a fool?
  •  06-10-2007, 9:19 AM 24349 in reply to 23467

Egg,

These are real good points that you bring to light. Although it's just a "starter kit," it seems, as you said, that it would be geared more toward framework and would perhaps be only and overview of content or even an equal balance between the two. But I would guess that this kit is a starting point, even for I-I. Perhaps we, as the ILP community, can begin to flesh-out the framework by sharing what works for us and what doesn't work. Then, armed with far more data, the Starter Kit can be integrated or expanded with feedback from people who are actually testing and using it on a daily basis. How is the kit working? How is it not working? What can be done to improve it? etc...

I just ordered the kit and expect to have it within the next week. But the kit isn't going to help me to start my integral practice...I'm already doing that. I ordered the kit to help me add to the practices I already have. But that may not be the case with many people who order the kit. At any rate, I'm personally excited to see what I can suggest that can make future versions of the kit better than ever, just like you are doing with your suggestions and observations.

Cheers,
    Scott

Personal Philosophy: Practice Happiness
  •  06-10-2007, 3:12 PM 24368 in reply to 24349

Scott -

I ordered the kit with the intention of being better able to organize and balance out the practices I am already doing. That is why I was so dissapointed by the kit. Had I never heard of AQAL or any of that before, they kit may have been quite new and useful to me.

You are right though - I have really just been venting my own frustrations over a rather large discrepancy between what I found in the kit, and what I expected to find. Thats really *my* problem and doesn't have much to do with the kit itself. Keeping in mind where I am and who i'm dealing with, I'd be happy to spend a little extra time to deliver my thoughts and suggestions about the kit in the form of a skillful and positive contribution, instead of just complaining. *That* would be acting from my highest possible self. :)

-g

•  06-15-2007, 12:02 PM 24554 in reply to 24368

Well then, I look forward to reading that post. I have a feeling that your perspective will bring details to light that will be helpful for others to read. I am expecting my kit soon and do enjoy reading every person's assessment. It's all valuable feedback, whether a person is pleased with the kit or disappointed. Thanks for your contributions thus far.

Peace,
    Scott

Personal Philosophy: Practice Happiness
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help