Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Just an introduction

Last post 08-26-2007, 10:53 AM by charlesb. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-21-2007, 12:43 PM 27568

• TravisE is not online. Last active: 07-16-2008, 12:22 PM TravisE
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60

Just an introduction

Hey there folks.  Short time lurker, recent joiner, and happy reader of Ken Wilebr's books.

I finally joined up yesterday and have been exploring the video clips over at Naked Integral and getting my iPod chock full of AQAL-fu.  I look forward to getting to know you folks, and exploring this evolving world with you.

Cheers!

My Site - www.traviseneix.com
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  08-21-2007, 1:16 PM 27570 in reply to 27568

Re: Just an introduction

Hi Travis,

Welcome.

You and i share the same birthday; although my arrival on the planet happened several decades earlier!

Have you ever been troubled by sleep disorders?

Warmly,

Charles

88W18'28" 41N58'02"

• Report abuse
  •  08-24-2007, 3:21 PM 27675 in reply to 27570

• TravisE is not online. Last active: 07-16-2008, 12:22 PM TravisE
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-20-2007
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60

Hola Charles,

Nice to meet ya!  The only sleep troubles I ever had was back when I weighed in at 396#.  Since I have dropped 200+of that I sleep fairly well.  Only the ususal troubles associated with staying out too late on a work night and the occasional bit of indulgence of my Irish heritage.  ;-)

My Site - www.traviseneix.com
    • Report abuse
  •  08-26-2007, 10:53 AM 27733 in reply to 27675

Hi Travis,

Thanks for your answer to my rather impulsive ‘sleep disorder’ inquiry; it goes to one of my pet theories and i'm always on the lookout for evidence one way or the other, to which end a shared birthday may be dispositive.

I knew little of martial arts when my youngest son then at age twelve first took an interest in karate and later kung fu; but they didn't seem to me to be balanced in the sense that if someone is to be taught a martial art that they should simultaneously be taught a venusian art; i.e. how to listen, hold a conversation, and perhaps care a bit more deeply. However being exposed to aikido changed my view, because it did not seem to fit the category of a martial art -in the sense of it being warlike. As a matter of practice i witnessed participants in the study entering altered states; they were obviously getting high in the practice. As i recall the theory behind the practice is hinted at in the word aikido itself which is a sort of acronym, i.e., ai-ki-do. So now i am wondering if this word made of three is analogous to what is known around here as the Big Three in one form or another, like the good, the beautiful, and the true.  Can you shed some light on this?

Warmly,

Charles

88W18'28" 41N58'02"   

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help