Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Holy Shit! I-I Endorses Holosync!

Last post 11-26-2007, 1:38 AM by vulgan. 35 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (36 items)   1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-17-2007, 12:45 PM 28625

Holy Shit! I-I Endorses Holosync!

I just got an email from Huy Lam (you probably did too) naming several ISC teachers who have been using it and they are recommending it. Cool.

Now all we need is:
    1. a good study on long term use. I'd use Suzanne Cook-Gruter's sentence completion test.

2. some second-tier marketing from holosync.
  •  09-17-2007, 7:04 PM 28638 in reply to 28625

Re: Holy Shit! I-I Endorses Holosync!

Has anyone tried both Holosync and Hemisync?

Any thoughts on the dif?

•  09-17-2007, 7:06 PM 28639 in reply to 28625

Hi Mark,

In addition to your two excellent suggestions and before anyone invests in this expensive technology it would be useful to know if Holosync still adheres to its one-size-fits-all policy.

I put no little amount of time and money in testing it, with no positive results; the best face i can put on this outcome is that perhaps the beginning levels i could afford were not capable of helping me evolve. Maybe if their program had been designed to include offerings that are specific to the current stage/structure altitude of a purchaser i might now be able to recommend it too, instead of just being under-whelmed by the Holosync experience.

Warmly,

Charles

88W18'28" 41N58'02"

•  09-18-2007, 3:49 AM 28653 in reply to 28625

I'm glad I-I is promoting Holosync, since it's so incredibly useful in an ILP practice.

I agree that a good study on long term use would be useful, especially one that measures vertical growth but one that measures healthy translation would also be good.

Pelle

http://integraleurope.org
    http://pelle.gaia.com
    http://malmointegral.blogspot.com
  •  09-25-2007, 2:28 PM 29026 in reply to 28653

I am going to attempt to give this product a good, solid, authentic try and report on how well it goes for me. 

I just ordered Holosync the other day and it should arrive shortly.  Prior to doing so, I had them send me the Holosync Demo pack.  The demo CD included mainly had either Bill Harris or others talking about the benefits of the program.  It did, however, have about 7 minutes of talking free Holosync demonstration.  While listening to this portion of the demo CD I did experience some changes in the qualitative experience of my own mind.  While not earth shattering, they were enough to prompt my curiosity.

My plan is simple.  I will follow the program instructions as directed and see if the promised benefits follow.  In either event I will report the results.  If the promised benefits really do manifest, I will consider it worth my money.  If they do not, I will have no problem asking for a full and complete refund of my money.

Specifically in the letter enclosed with the demo Bill Harris says and I quote directly from pages 15 and 16:

"In conclusion, let me summarize the many real advantages of participating in The Holosync Solution:

*          Super-deep meditation, literally at the touch of a button...

*          Improved mental abilities, heightened creativity and problem solving ability...

*          Dramatic reduction in stress and anxiety...

*          Improved health and a new sense of mental, emotional, and physical well-being...

*          Increased focus, concentration, memory, and learning ability...

*          Increased motivation and confidence...

*          Production in the brain of many vital neurochemicals proven to slow aging...

and keep the body young, alive and fully functioning...

*          Better more restful sleep...

*          More happiness and flow in your life...

*          Healing of unresolved mental and emotional blocks...

And, if it doesn't do all of this for you, just send it back within one year for a full refund!

So let The Holosync Solution be the new beginning you've been searching for.

I eagerly look forward to having you in the program."

While a 1 person study is in no way generalizable, it is still an additional point of data for those pondering whether or not to try the system.  I think the two biggest confounds in my particular case will be my current level of (generally) functioning quite well in the mental and psychological domains (as indicated by IQ, MMPI, SCT, and personal subjective assessment of general life satisfaction), and my continuation of other transformative practices (some physical exercise, Big Mind, and zazen meditation).  I could see these confounds possibly influencing my personal experiment in at least two different ways.  It could be that, due to other practices, I show year over year improvement in the domains mentioned above, but not as a direct result of the Holosync program.  It could also be that the Holosync program will have little effect on me with its 'introductory dosing' (i.e. it would take a higher level of the program to produce notable effects in me at this time).  All that being said, while I would guess that I am a significant outlier from the general 'normal' population at large, I would venture to say that I am probably much closer to 'normal' in the context of the II forums.

I personally have no financial interests involved and have no axe to grind one way or another.  I am hopeful that my time spent on this experiment will yield positive results, but not so much so as to really create an expectancy bias.  I am also well aware of such mental deceptions as attempting to minimize cognitive dissonance etc.  I am equally open to experiencing no effects, effects too small to consider different from normal growth, notable positive results, notable negative results, or completely unexpected results.

In any event, I will try to post how things are going about every month or two for the next 10 or so months.  If any other people are just starting the program at this time I would encourage them to also do likewise so that we will have a little more data about how such a technology might or might not be beneficial as a part of an ongoing ILP for persons (presumably) in the second tier range.

Mark

•  09-26-2007, 6:51 AM 29062 in reply to 29026

• kendoji is not online. Last active: 11-28-2007, 1:50 PM kendoji
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2006
    • Amsterdam, Netherlands
    • Posts 7
    • Points 65

Hello everyone (first post btw),

I hadn't heard about Holosync until the email endorsement the other day.  I don't take I-I endorsements lightly, so I went and did a ton of reading and decided to give it a shot.  I've ordered the Awakening Prologue, which hasn't arrived yet, but I was pretty eager to get started so I went ahead and downloaded a copy of it from a torrent site so I could start straight away.  I've been listening to the Dive for a few days now, and am looking forward to giving the technology a fair trial. 

It would definitely be good to share experiences of Holosync with other folks here, as I'm especially intrigued at how these CD's can complement and interact with a regular meditation practice.  I'll try to stick around this forum and check back often.

Ken
  •  09-26-2007, 7:32 AM 29065 in reply to 29026

Hi Mark,

Maybe you will have better results than was obtained in an experiment, similar to yours with Holosync i conducted several years ago. My original plan was for a one year trial, but extended it for another and more; alas with the cost curve continually rising, and the results remaining flat, eventually i reluctantly and sadly abandoned the experiment. The best i can say about the whole project is that its one-size-fits-all approach does not allow for someone who may be entering it above or beyond its initial phases.

Warmly,

Charles

88W18'28" 41N58'02"

•  09-26-2007, 10:56 AM 29071 in reply to 29065

I did Awakening Proloque for 14 months religiously, plus took Bill's online course and saw him speak in L.A.  For me, this probably was the catalyst to facing my shadow issues.  I am not sure how that process happened, but that was how it was for me. 

During the time I was listening to Awakening Proloque, Bill marketed a bunch of other stuff to me which sounded interesting and I bought some of it.  My problem was I wasnt really watching my finances that well, so it  became too expensive for me to continue.   If I could afford it, and if i could make sure the right information got on my track, i would probably keep going with it.   

•  09-26-2007, 1:44 PM 29077 in reply to 29071

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2006
    • Amsterdam, Netherlands
    • Posts 7
    • Points 65

It is pricey.  I'm also interested in the Perfect Meditation alternative which is much cheaper and less 'slick'.  Their site is very vague though, and emailing them hasn't been a very positive experience so far.  It sounds like their system is virtually the same as Holosync, although of course they insist theirs is better.
  •  09-26-2007, 11:40 PM 29100 in reply to 28625

no definite views...

but have talked to a neuro scientist about Holo Sync and other audio neuro programmers... and he believes it is more than anything...bollox...

he said the brain has grown to become what it is over such a span of time that to imagine a few beeps and bips will create a significant evolution is simply fanciful... but if i am looking for something in that area, listening to classical music would create a more defining change in character and mind.

i believe him...  :)

after all, the ways the emotions are exposed to us in music and art are only an enhancment or "mutation" of our own experience of the ordinary Life-Growing-Up-Process...

yet there are very few of us who have set aside the time to even traditionally meditate...  so, for that, Holo Sync is a positive (and inevitable) modern motivator... isn't it?... and Holo Sync provides the target for awareness... with some kind of specific neural or emotive significance, i do believe, however minimal it's lasting effect... just like any object of meditation (whether it's a mantra or a mandala) has its own pattern and triggers a specific brain-mind-energy response and effect within us......

the value of Holo Sync beyond them painful explanations of the obvious, go figure.

.......shhhhh..... don't say anything, but it could be alot of hype?

"look at the plane... zoom... zoom... goooood... now, open wide..."

HOOPLA HOOP
  •  09-27-2007, 1:05 AM 29102 in reply to 29100

i should add that i only trialed a free demo copy...

there are other neuro programmers ive tried, and the fact is i did love listening to the theta and delta sounds on an infinte loop.

however even listening to the radio tuned into a dead station... or to the air conditioner... or to the running water, even from a tap... can be loved, and can induce very trance like states...

the source appears to be an important part of the listening experience to most people, and i understand that the different ideas get different peoples attentions...

but if it does work at all, then in the higher stages of meditation we shouldn't kid ourselves about the devices and techniques that helped to get us there... to go too far is reminiscent of the literal fancies attached to so many of the imaginative spiritual devices of the traditions, like an upgraded superstition  in a modern presentation... still getting results in the dedicated (however interpreted)...

i doubt casual listening will get far... but for anyone putting their own effort into the Practice, results might be eased along gently by the "artificial environment of Holo Sync" persuading ones movement.

HOOPLA HOOP
  •  09-27-2007, 1:08 AM 29103 in reply to 29100

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2006
    • Amsterdam, Netherlands
    • Posts 7
    • Points 65

Well from my reading, I find it hard to believe that these entrainment programs are basically 'bollox'.  I wholeheartedly agree that Holosync at least can serve as a useful motivator for the wayward meditator (like me!), but there seems to be a lot of evidence that entrainment indeed can produce lasting positive results that go beyond this.  The anecdotal evidence is overwhelming, although as mentioned earlier in the thread I'd also love to see some more long-term research done on this.  Like Ken and Bill talked about in their dialogue a few years ago (as far as I know it never happened).  I'm paying up for Awakening Prologue, knowing that it might not work for me, but happy that at least it will get me to sit for an hour a day for a few months.  Last night listening to the Dive, there was a definite effect (I've been listening a week so far), and afterwards I felt so calm I had a strong urge to do some more regular sitting.  It's intriguing stuff, anyway, I really am incredibly curious about the long-term effects of this stuff (and to what extent Bill's staggering promises and claims are true).
  •  09-27-2007, 1:34 AM 29106 in reply to 29103

Re: Holy Shit! I-I Endorses Holosync! altered caveman

if i had that kind of money (OR if it was cheaper)...

it would probably be worth it for me and i'd buy it aswell... :)

but i don't, and it's bloody expensive...

geez, it makes ILP look buyable.  hmm, there is a deal on now (for ILP) isn't there?

HOOPLA HOOP
  •  09-27-2007, 1:56 AM 29107 in reply to 29106

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2006
    • Amsterdam, Netherlands
    • Posts 7
    • Points 65

Re: Holy Shit! I-I Endorses Holosync! altered caveman

If it's too expensive maybe you could try Perfect Meditation.  I'm sure it's modelled VERY closely on Holosync and only costs 50$ for the first level I think.  I'm thinking of trying that one too.
  •  09-27-2007, 5:55 AM 29117 in reply to 28625

Arthur/adastra says:
    Hi all

Also check out the earlier Multiplex thread Feedback on Holosync, which contains a lot of, well, feedback.  On Holosync.  Smile [:)]

cheers,
    arthur

Upgrade to ISC!
    http://integralinstitute.org/public/static/multispirit.aspx
    http://pods.gaia.com/ii
Page 1 of 3 (36 items)   1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help