Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

What the bleep do I know?

Last post 08-21-2006, 2:08 PM by coppersun. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-19-2006, 5:45 AM 4681

What the bleep do I know?

I am a columnists and I will be sharing ideas on Holistic Health. Here is one of my latest columns appearing in three weekly newspapers in Alabama.

What the bleep do I know!

I had my first opportunity to watch the film, What the Bleep Do We Know? Actually, I found it so enthralling that I have now watched it three times, and still I want to watch it more to see what I missed the first three times.

For over 60 weeks, the film played in theaters across America. I always wait for a movie to come out on DVD, and never go to a movie theater. I guess the last real movie I saw at a movie house was Ole' Yeller. But, it was worth the wait! Now I am waiting on The DaVinci Code and Peaceful Warrior to hit the DVD market.

One of the featured segments in the movie (which by the way has its own study guide now on my website) focused on an experiment conducted by well-known quantum theorist from Harvard, Dr. John Hagelin. He has published over 100 scientific papers in his field.

In What the Bleep Do We Know? Dr Hagelin describes a rather unconventional social experiment in Washington D.C..where 4,000 people came together to meditate over a two-month period (June 7-July 30, 1993. Based on quantum physics and 48 similar studies, it was theorized that the “coherence” that would be produced by 4,000 people meditating would dramatically lower crime and violence.

Statistically, crime rates increase sharply during the summer months due to intense heat, and this has been a record-setting year for heat in the U.S.

Washington D.C.'s police chief, Emanuel Ross, at the time, went on TV and said it would take “20 inches of snow” to lower crime that summer.

The effect of the 4,000 meditators produced dramatic results. The crime rate in D.C, for those two months was reduced 23.6 per cent. Since that experiment, Dr. Hagelin and his peers have repeated this experiment 48 times in venues from inner-city schools, to prisons, to war-torn areas like Nicaragua, Iran, Israel and Lebanon.

Perhaps the meditators need to return to the war-torn crime scenes immediately with the war between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon to still the peace. The world needs to meditate and pray instead of only a group of 4,000 people. But, you have to know how to meditate to send that sort of mass energy into the heads and hearts of those who do battle.

War begins in the minds of men. It is in the minds of men that the defenses of peace must be constructed. That's not what I made up, that is what is in the Constitution of the United Nations.

Martin Luther King Jr. was quoted as saying, “The chain reaction of evil wars producing more wars must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.”

While the film lacks the phonyism of your ordinary run-of-the-mill Hollywood cinema, it is rich in content. But, you have to watch it several times to get the full impact. It's nice to know that Hollywood is actually putting some good films together these days and, I for one, hope more spiritually evolved productions will take place.

The Association for Global New Thought based in Santa Barbara, CA, has set aside a Season of Forgiving & Eleven Days of Peace for September 11-21, 2024. You are invited to participate in this world-wide celebration to create an Interfaith Celebration in our community, praying and meditating that non-violence be the rule instead of war. When a multitude of people join in for this unifying celebration, wonder what the bleep we can do for our world?

I know I will participate, that's what the bleep I know!

John W. Cargile, Msc.D, D.D. is a licensed ordained minister through International Metaphysical Ministries. E-books, reference material and study programs are now available at his website www.21stcenturyministries.com For those with special prayer needs, call Unity’s prayer line at 1-800-669-7729. You can contact him at jwcargile@charter.net. All conversations are confidential.

JC
    33° 13' N 87° 37' W
  •  08-19-2006, 9:10 PM 4749 in reply to 4681

Re: What the bleep do I know?

Honest to god quetsion. Is this abuse?
  •  08-20-2006, 12:18 AM 4756 in reply to 4749

Attachment: SpamusReligiosis.jpg
    Hi zakmeg,

what the bleep do I know, I'm just gonna take a wild stab in the dark here by posting this instructive diagram. Click on the picture to enlarge.... And welcome to the -- whatever it is. All the best.

•  08-20-2006, 5:08 AM 4760 in reply to 4749

Abuse?
    JC
    33° 13' N 87° 37' W
  •  08-20-2006, 10:34 AM 4786 in reply to 4760

• maryw is not online. Last active: 12-02-2007, 1:05 AM maryw
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2006
    • southern California
    • Posts 422
    • Points 8,020

Abuse?

John,

I think several folks are wondering: are you really posting your columns here to share ideas on integral spirituality, or to promote/sell the materials available on your ministries website? In all honesty, I don't know. But if it's the latter, it seems like spam, and may constitute a misuse of the ISC forums.

Mary

(p.s. -- Peeps, this has been bleeping bothering me today! John, my apologies if you're simply a newcomer who wants to share ideas. But you might consider posting your columns in one single thread instead of creating separate threads for each. And maybe familiarizing yourself more with ISC content ... Tongue Tied [:S])

bleep out -- M.

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
    There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

~Rumi
  •  08-21-2006, 3:14 AM 4821 in reply to 4681

Guys,

I am sorry if this was considered spam. I am trying to find my way around this great website, and trying to familiarize myself with Ken Wilbur's philosophy. I was hoping Ken or one of his coaches would read my dialogues. I will not let it happen again. I'm new to the website, so bear with me.

John

JC
    33° 13' N 87° 37' W
  •  08-21-2006, 3:16 AM 4822 in reply to 4786

Guys,

I am sorry if this was considered spam. I am trying to find my way around this great website, and trying to familiarize myself with Ken Wilbur's philosophy. I was hoping Ken or one of his coaches would read my dialogues. I will not let it happen again. I'm new to the website, so bear with me.

John

JC
    33° 13' N 87° 37' W
  •  08-21-2006, 12:56 PM 4868 in reply to 4822

• maryw is not online. Last active: 12-02-2007, 1:05 AM maryw
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2006
    • southern California
    • Posts 422
    • Points 8,020

Thanks, John. I just sent you a private message, by the way.

Peace,

Mary

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
    There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

~Rumi
  •  08-21-2006, 2:08 PM 4884 in reply to 4822

jwcargile:

ken has commented on "what the bleep do we know" . . .  and he is not too kind:

http://in.integralinstitute.org/talk.aspx?id=549      [at about the 15 min mark]

". . .Certain writers and theorists have thus suggested that human intentionality actually creates reality on a quantum level. The most popular version of this idea can be found in the movie What the Bleep Do We Know?!, in which we "qwaff" reality into existence. Ken suggests this is both bad physics and bad mysticism . . . "

later,

gene

View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help