Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

What feature would you most like to see on ISC.org?

Last post 12-22-2007, 7:31 AM by kdragon87. 47 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (48 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-01-2006, 8:46 AM 82

What feature would you most like to see on ISC.org?

If you have not already voted in our poll and would like to participate, please log in here.

What feature would you most like to see on ISC?

• A book discussion with Ken Wilber on Integral Spirituality (17.4%)
    • Video footage from ISC events (24.2%)
    • Audio clips from ISC teachers on integral spiritual practice (35.5%)
    • An online community of integral spiritual practitioners (22.9%)
    • Total Votes: 459

•  07-11-2006, 10:48 AM 1293 in reply to 82

• maryw is not online. Last active: 12-02-2007, 1:05 AM maryw
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2006
    • southern California
    • Posts 422
    • Points 8,005

Re: What feature would you most like to see on ISC.org?

How about "all of the above?"

Mary

Smile [:)]

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
    There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

~Rumi
  •  07-11-2006, 11:26 AM 1296 in reply to 1293

Hi Mary

glad to see you on here.   You were one on my favorites in integralnaked.   I just joined.

•  07-11-2006, 8:50 PM 1326 in reply to 1296

• maryw is not online. Last active: 12-02-2007, 1:05 AM maryw
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2006
    • southern California
    • Posts 422
    • Points 8,005

Hey! Glad to see you here too, mconva!

peace and light,

Mary

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
    There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

~Rumi
  •  07-14-2006, 8:13 PM 1456 in reply to 82

First and foremost the use of technology that works across platforms.

I tried reading IS chapter 3 on my Mac. Safari can't complete sign-in.

I tried Firefox: it could not get the sign-in either.

I tried Internet Explorer on a PC. Computer froze two times. On the third attempt I was able to get the download.

Quite a nightmare.

Please do something about these irritants.

•  07-18-2006, 5:17 PM 1595 in reply to 1456

• perera is not online. Last active: 11-03-2007, 6:59 PM perera
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2006
    • Boulder, CO and Colombo, Sri Lanka
    • Posts 625
    • Points 12,750

Hello, sdeol,

I am so sorry about how difficult it was for you to access the chapter.  I am sending this to our CustomerService.  They will get in touch with you soon and if you still continue to have problems, please visit the Help section (bottom of screen on this site) and call or write again.  We won't stop until you are satisfied! Smile [:)]

Again, sorry about the problem.

Thanks for your patience.

Nomali

Nomali

~Save the Earth- it's the only planet with Chocolate.

•  07-19-2006, 8:47 AM 1622 in reply to 1456

Hey sdeol

I had the same problem on my linux computer at home - I can't log in to that document.  I have yet to try at work (PC), if I can do it here and print out a copy then I'll be able to read it.  I hope so, because I'm really looking forward to reading this book as soon as possible!

Eventually, I hope to see more (all?) files offered in generic formats, rather than just proprietary ones.  Open-source + integral, true love always. 

Maryw, it's cool to see you here!  We need to do another f2f get-together.  :)

spiral out,

arthur

IIzaadz pod - http://pods.zaadz.com/ii - combines the best of I-I and zaadz. If you're turquoise and you know it, drop on by. :)

"You've never seen everything." - Bruce Cockburn
  •  07-22-2006, 6:13 AM 1751 in reply to 82

More audio clips
  •  07-24-2006, 2:41 AM 1799 in reply to 82

I would like to see an easy "start here" spot! I have been trying to explain IP, AQAL, and KW to my friends without much luck. Even the information intended for the uninitiated seems to assume an understanding of AQAL, KW terms. I do my best translating but I am pretty new to this myself. I really would like more tools for spreading the word!

Love & Light,

Stephanie Marushia
    Neophyte Integral Philosopher
  •  07-25-2006, 5:53 PM 1994 in reply to 1456

Helpful to read your post sdeol, though sorry you're also having trouble. I thought I was doing something wrong. I'm on a Mac using a Safari browser, and I can't complete sign in to download the chapters either. Frustrating, as access to IS was a primary reason I signed up!

Any fixes out there yet?

Thanks,
    lynna
    "When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Heschel
  •  07-26-2006, 7:56 AM 2051 in reply to 1994

• perera is not online. Last active: 11-03-2007, 6:59 PM perera
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2006
    • Boulder, CO and Colombo, Sri Lanka
    • Posts 625
    • Points 12,750

Hi Lynna,

So sorry about the issue of mac safari browser. could you please send issue to HELP found at the bottom of any page on ISC site? I could send this to them but they may have specific questions for you.

Good Luck and we want to make sure everything is fixed...

thanks

Nomali

Nomali

~Save the Earth- it's the only planet with Chocolate.

•  07-27-2006, 9:48 AM 2173 in reply to 2051

Thanks.

Will do.

Peace

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Heschel
  •  07-29-2006, 9:36 AM 2347 in reply to 1994

Just an FYI for those having difficulties accessing the book chapters. It may be that they are formatted for only Acrobat Reader, and not any old PDF reader. My Mac, by default, uses a basic PDF viewer that can't open the files properly (giving me no way to "sign in" as requested by the file). When I opened up Acrobat Reader and opened up the chapter files in that program I was able to sign in and access the chapters.

It is unfortunate that the file is so non-standard and that there isn't a clear note when downloading that the standard Mac PDF viewer wont work. Hopefully the techie folks will fix this problem soon :-)

Peace, Love, and Bicycles,
    Turtle
  •  07-29-2006, 10:44 AM 2352 in reply to 1799

Difficulty relating IP, IS, AQL and KW to people you know

marushia:
    ...I have been trying to explain IP, AQAL, and KW to my friends without much luck. Even the information intended for the uninitiated seems to assume an understanding of AQAL, KW terms. I do my best translating but I am pretty new to this myself. I really would like more tools for spreading the word!

Hi, marushia,

I am empathizing with you on the matter. Same thing here. I have problems trying to relate IP, IS, AQL and KW to people I know who are into eastern/western spirituality and are open-minded (so they say).

Earlier, I had an internal understanding (a sort of "enlightenment", an "Aha!" moment, of what IP is) and I tried to relate "the good news" to a few friends, only to fall flat on my face, realizing that I do not yet have sufficient personal vocabulary to explain my personal internal experience. I am still a person transitioning from a pre-personal to trans-personal mindset. It does not help to simply regurgitate the esoteric words of KW.

This IP/IS/AQAL/KW thing is huge!

But the problem, to my mind, is not the lack of tools, but the integration, or lack of it, into our personal lives, i.e., "personal ownership" of the principles -- thus enabling us to develop our own personal vocabulary of IP/IS philosophy.

I am currently reading "really slowly and carefully" the 46-page Integral Spirituality: Intro & Note to the Reader (by KW, of course) and making notes as I go along. To date, I am still digesting the following:

1. The humbling effect on me of understand the difference between having higher state of consciousness (which I have from time to time) and having a higher stage of consciousness (which I don't have,yet; and have personally confused with the former).

2. Egocentric, Ethnocentric and Worldcentric stages of consciousness. The examples are very helpful in understanding these stages. (However, my personal experience makes me tend to think that there are Egocentric, Ethnocentric and Worldcentric states of cosciousness, as well.)

NOTE TO THE SYSADMIN: I realized as I was doing the finishing (HTML) touches (Damn! Those automatically generated commands are still not working!) that I ought to post this comments as a thread in ISC Library and Media Discussion. See message #2355.

FURTHER NOTE TO THE SYSADMIN: I just found out, that the link to this message (that you are reading right now) that I made in message #2355 works just fine during the message preview mode. However, once message #2355 is posted, it does not work at all. I get the following message:
    Access Denied
    Sorry, your account does not permit access to this post.
    Arrrgh!!! Angry [:@](Just lost my higher state of consciousness... Embarrassed [:$])
    BUT..., I can access message #2355 from here. Ahhhh!!! (Higher state of oneness is almost back). Big Smile [:D]Wink [;)]

Ciao! and Happy trails!

towers1209
    杜 偉 德
    -------------------
    "Caminante, no hay camino, se hace camino al andar..."
    [Traveller, there is no path, you create the path as you move forward...]
    Antonio Machado (1875-1939)
  •  07-29-2006, 11:24 AM 2356 in reply to 82

iiadmin:
    [Poll]

"All of the above" for me, too! 

Just a thought for iiadmin:... How do can I add my points (choices) to the bar graphs of the original message?

towers1209
    杜 偉 德
    -------------------
    "Caminante, no hay camino, se hace camino al andar..."
    [Traveller, there is no path, you create the path as you move forward...]
    Antonio Machado (1875-1939)
Page 1 of 4 (48 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help