Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
Multiplex » Integral Naked Forums » The Frothy Edge » Re: David Johnston - An AQAL approach to Green Building

Re: David Johnston - An AQAL approach to Green Building

•  01-22-2007, 5:14 PM

Re: David Johnston - An AQAL approach to Green Building

Hi Peter,

Yea I struggled with it for a while. The market is the market it is a store of energy, both potential and kinetic in nature dependent on its time and use. It can be used to finance wars or bestow compassion. But it doesn’t seem to me that that is what you are looking for in an answer. What I hear is a concern that you’re giving is altruistic or from a non self centered heart. To just ask the question is a blessing. Look at it from a hierarchical and holonic point of view; to be concerned about the environment without concern for self is blindness. As your compassion grows to include more of the world space it still includes you. What is good from a sustainability point for the planetary citizens is also good for you. When the free market works well the exchange between individual and collective store is mutually beneficial. I feel that the market is the best place to make sustainability stick. Read Natural Capitalism.

John

With Love, John

"The real voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View Complete Thread
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help