Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
Multiplex » Integral Spiritual Center Foru... » ISC Library and Media Discussi... » Re: Comments on Integral Spirituality - Ch. 5: Boomeritis Buddhism

Re: Comments on Integral Spirituality - Ch. 5: Boomeritis Buddhism

•  08-07-2006, 6:29 PM

• REddieBana is not online. Last active: 09-05-2006, 11:18 AM REddieBana
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-14-2006
    • Lisbon, Portugal
    • Posts 10
    • Points 215

Re: Comments on Integral Spirituality - Ch. 5: Boomeritis Buddhism

Part II

Is green level really a level, or just orange trying to push forward to yellow? I’m thinking this because every other levels of development acknowledges the existence of hierarchies in a very clear way; and since green level persons expands its altitude to a pluralistic worldview but rejects hierarchies (except his own opinions that are better than the others) - they repress an inescapable stance of the relative world. Thus, we could only have green mean meme (pathology), because a green without pathology (without repressing hierarchies) could in fact be a yellow level. So from orange to yellow we could have pathology – boomeritis – not a new established level (like yellow).

Yet another question: When Ken says that “Buddhism, like all spiritual and contemplative traditions, has no real understanding of zone #2 stages” Ken is not saying that they don’t have any zone #2 approach (that is a certain framework – even if, like boomeritis buddhism, the framework is a non-framework!). He is saying that regarding IMP, the western findings of structure-stages are better, more comprehensive, more integral. They are out there a million approaches to zone #2 (not necessarily from a development perspective) , and we choose the better. Is that right?

Ivo      

Like a tear in all we know
    Once dissolved we are free to grow
    What is human, what is more?
    I\'ll answer this when I get home

Eddie Vedder in "Severed Hand"
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
View Complete Thread
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help