Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Holosync

Last post 10-24-2006, 1:18 AM by pelleB. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-23-2006, 12:27 PM 12132

Hmm [^o)] Holosync

I'm responding to an implicit request by DavidSpoffard to start a new thread on the topic of Holosync.  In the Chitchat Outside the Meditation Hall thread, David posted:

Hi Arthur,

I'm using Holosync - I expect this should go in a separate thread but I don't know how to make that happen so I'm just replying to your post.

I'm on Disk 3 of Awakening Level 1 - I experienced significant though subtle benefits from the previous level, Awakening Prologue. I'm not real sure what I've gotten out of this level - overall life just makes more sense, things fit together for me in ways I never noticed before. It's difficult to attribute it all to the Holosync since I started antidepressants 6 months prior and stabilized on them 1 month prior to starting Holosync - my chronic anxiety has lifted and life is so much easier. I feel much calmer than ever, more centered. It's hard to fit regular meditation time in though with the CD taking an hour a day - I've been sitting at the same time that I listen but it's just not the same.

I did speak to one of the Centerpointe people quite a few months ago and he stated that most people get off the antidepressants altogether. I've just reduced my dosage (working with my Dr) so perhaps it's Holosync helping out.

Money's tight right now so unless that changes by the end of the year I won't be moving on to Awakening 2 until it does change significantly - darn things are sooo expensive. I did briefly try Jeffrey Thompson's Theta meditation CD a couple of times and it made me feel great though I don't believe it makes any claims to alter the brain the way Holosync does.

I've been meaning to call Centerpointe and verify that the changes stay with you if you stop so that you can pick up later where you left off - or what the prerequisite practice might be to make that happen without continuing to listen to the CDs.

I'd be interested to hear your experiences with Holosync.

David

IIzaadz pod - http://pods.zaadz.com/ii - combines the best of I-I and zaadz. If you're turquoise and you know it, drop on by. :)

"You've never seen everything." - Bruce Cockburn
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  10-23-2006, 12:46 PM 12136 in reply to 12132

Re: Holosync

I became interested in Holosync through many threads on the topic in various I-I forums; however, the extreme cost combined with marketing techniques which I personally find loathesome motivated me to publicly note my interest and state that I would try HS only if someone wished to lend, give or sell cheaply HS CDs once they had moved past that level. 

A forum friend subsequently gave me HS levels one and two (sadly missing floating level 2 and disk 3 of level 2), and I've worked my way through those.  I started doing a sitting meditation with them, but soon switched to listening to it at bedtime, where it quickly and efficiently produces a soporific effect - much to my delight, as I have lifelong chronic sleep problems.  (Supposedly that way of using it is less effective but still probably has some benefit, in terms of the meditation-like effects.) 

So much else has been going on that I'm not sure how much of my growth over that time (which in my estimation is considerable) is due to the HS CDs, and how much is due to other factors.  I believe there is a beneficial effect.  A few times I've experiemented with "exceeding the recommended dosage" by putting the CD on repeat.  After a while I get what may be HS-related overwhelm symptoms (anxiety, higher reactivity, depression); each time when I returned to the RDA as defined by Centerpointe, those symptoms have subsided (however, it's worth noting that when I get those kinds of symptoms, I take other corrective action as well, so again the link, if any, is not conclusive).

Currently I'm on the last disk I have, and it looks like I'm not going to be able to get more from the same source, so most likely when this CD starts to feel ineffective (which has happened with the previous CDs if I didn't switch after a while) I will move on to some other technique.  I'll be sorry at this point to jump off the HS bandwagon, but I will not pay those kinds of prices, nor PAY to have that kind of in-your-face, down-your-throat marketing thrown at me.

So, that's my take on it.  Smile [:)]

arthur

IIzaadz pod - http://pods.zaadz.com/ii - combines the best of I-I and zaadz. If you're turquoise and you know it, drop on by. :)

• Report abuse
  •  10-23-2006, 12:51 PM 12139 in reply to 12132

Hi David,

Bill Harris has always claimed that the changes from Holosync stay with you even if you stop or take a break. This is my personal experience as well. I am currently approaching the end of Purification 1, and I am very happy with the technology. There have been short breaks on the way for me and I've lingered at each level longer than recommended, but I never felt that my changes or growth reversed because of this.

Pelle

•  10-23-2006, 12:58 PM 12142 in reply to 12136

adastra:

Currently I'm on the last disk I have, and it looks like I'm not going to be able to get more from the same source, so most likely when this CD starts to feel ineffective (which has happened with the previous CDs if I didn't switch after a while) I will move on to some other technique.  I'll be sorry at this point to jump off the HS bandwagon, but I will not pay those kinds of prices, nor PAY to have that kind of in-your-face, down-your-throat marketing thrown at me.

Arthur, if you want to continue with binaural beats and brain entrainment but dislike Centerpointe, you could check out Transparent.

I know nothing at all about them except that I've heard some good things about them and their technology.

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  10-23-2006, 2:13 PM 12152 in reply to 12142

• maryw is not online. Last active: 01-27-2007, 5:16 PM maryw
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2006
    • southern California
    • Posts 385
    • Points 7,150

Here's a link to an earlier thread on Holosync ...

(I'm noticing these forums don't retain old thread titles like they used to, but the threads can still be picked up via the "search" button on the upper right of the screen)

Mary

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
    There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

~Rumi
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  10-23-2006, 2:29 PM 12155 in reply to 12142

pelleB:
    adastra:

Arthur, if you want to continue with binaural beats and brain entrainment but dislike Centerpointe, you could check out Transparent.

I know nothing at all about them except that I've heard some good things about them and their technology.

I wonder if they use a progressive frequency shift as HS does?  If not I probably wouldn't be interested.  Thanks for the link.  And thanks, Maryw, for the link to the other thread.

arthur

• Report abuse
  •  10-24-2006, 1:18 AM 12295 in reply to 12155

Just hours before this Holosync thread started, a very knowledgeable guy joined the Holosync pod over at Zaadz. As far as I can tell from our conversation over there so far, you can use Transparent's Neuroprogrammer to create pretty much any program you want - including different carrier frequencies.
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help