Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Top 10 signs of Integral Junkies

Last post 07-29-2007, 10:19 AM by Mascha. 45 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (46 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-26-2006, 3:43 AM 12617

Top 10 signs of Integral Junkies

Ok, I'm bored here at work, so to lighten things up.....

Top ten signs of an integral junkie:

10. Still thinking about how your scalp would look shaved.

9. Your last two postmodern friends left you yesterday shouting that they would not take being called "lower lefties" anymore

8. Watching traffic lights switch from green to red makes instills you with a deep sense of meaning.(ah yes... the MGM is real)

7. People find you increasingly scary since when given directions you always ask "will those work in my worldspace as well?"

6. Your amber relatives are planning to rescue you from this evil sect led by a bald incarnation of Satan

5. Any first-tier person correctly calling you on your shit will be met by a fake smile and an ice cold "you're simply not on my level of consciousness"

4. Your most sacred belongings are your I-I pen, I-I magnet and Integral Spirituality. In no particular order since you cannot bear ranking absolute truths holarchically.

3. Eagerly waiting for an I-I dating service so you can get yourself a hot piece of integral ass

2. Desperately needing nr 3 seeing as how you insist on always wearing something turquoise nowadays

1. Never mind about the dating service, you are already seeing someone from the forum!

http://pelle.zaadz.com/
    http://malmointegral.blogspot.com/
  •  10-26-2006, 6:05 AM 12623 in reply to 12617

Re: Top 10 signs of Integral Junkies

And the number zero most visible sign you are an integral junkie?

0. Composing integral junkie top ten lists while at work.Stick out tongue [:P]

"With whom or with what are you in communion at this moment?"
    . . ."I?" he replied, almost mechanically. "Why not with anyone or anything."
    "You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
  •  10-26-2006, 6:48 AM 12626 in reply to 12623

Don't we need a negative top 10, just for the sake of balance? Smile [:)]
    In a black and white picture....there's a lot of grey junk
  •  10-26-2006, 7:03 AM 12628 in reply to 12617

Attachment: lastday1.jpg
    pelleB:

10. Still thinking about how your scalp would look shaved.

1. Never mind about the dating service, you are already seeing someone from the forum!

Hehe! Guilty!

Evidence of both attached.

Liz

Upgrade to ISC!
    http://integralinstitute.org/public/static/multispirit.aspx
    http://pods.zaadz.com/ii
  •  10-26-2006, 10:57 AM 12658 in reply to 12628

Looks like I'm just as guilty of being spiral junky monkey.

Unexpected side-effect of having a shaved head and a girlfriend with same: when you run your hands over your own head, it reminds you of her.

Just sayin'.

arthur

IIzaadz pod - http://pods.zaadz.com/ii - combines the best of I-I and zaadz. If you're turquoise and you know it, drop on by. :)

"You've never seen everything." - Bruce Cockburn
  •  10-26-2006, 12:48 PM 12666 in reply to 12617

I admit it.  I've tried to imagine what I would look like bald.

It took me a few days to recover from the image...

May the boundless knowledge that time presents and space allows illuminate the native perspectives of your original face.

•  10-26-2006, 12:57 PM 12667 in reply to 12666

I admit it, I haven't ever imagined what I'd look like bald.

Liz suits it, Sinead O'Connor looked awesome. I don't have the bone structure of either!

I may be last person left standing with hair in this forum.......that won't change my mind either!

Liz

•  10-26-2006, 1:56 PM 12682 in reply to 12667

• maryw is not online. Last active: 11-30-2007, 4:23 AM maryw
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2006
    • southern California
    • Posts 422
    • Points 7,990

Attachment: babylon.jpg
    tiki:

I admit it, I haven't ever imagined what I'd look like bald.

Liz suits it, Sinead O'Connor looked awesome. I don't have the bone structure of either!

I may be last person left standing with hair in this forum.......that won't change my mind either!

I'll be standing there with you then, girlfriend. I feel like my head is just too small to shave it bald, and that I would end up looking somewhat like the image below... Hair just kind of helps to balance things out a bit, you know?

I'm even starting to think about wigs ...

Big Smile [:D]

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
    There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

~Rumi
  •  10-26-2006, 3:32 PM 12693 in reply to 12682

You could do worse than looking like a goddess, Mary.Smile [:)]

Liz

Upgrade to ISC!
    http://integralinstitute.org/public/static/multispirit.aspx
    http://pods.zaadz.com/ii
  •  10-26-2006, 3:48 PM 12694 in reply to 12667

You have your reasons for keeping your hair,Tiki.  And I have mine: 

If I were bald my ears and nose would look even larger.  They already dwarf my eyes and, out of simple perversity and plain cussednesss, are growing faster than ever. Maybe I should cultivate wisdom at this point in my life.

I no longer seek justice, only mercy.

MarkD

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Just enough enlightenment for this time around, please.
  •  10-26-2006, 4:13 PM 12697 in reply to 12693

tamgoddess:
    You could do worse than looking like a goddess, Mary.Smile [:)]

Liz

...as if she doesn't already...Smile [:)]

arthur

IIzaadz pod - http://pods.zaadz.com/ii - combines the best of I-I and zaadz. If you're turquoise and you know it, drop on by. :)

"You've never seen everything." - Bruce Cockburn
  •  10-26-2006, 4:50 PM 12706 in reply to 12697

text deleted
  •  10-26-2006, 6:46 PM 12713 in reply to 12694

I normally wear a flattop, but I mentioned to my wife one day that I was wondering what I would look like if I shaved my head.....She dared me to do it.

Shortly thereafter, I emerged with very little hair (I cut it down to 1/8").

For me, I don't really care what I look like. It's easier to keep....basically just a get up and go type deal. Every few weeks, I shave it down again. LOL.
    In a black and white picture....there's a lot of grey junk
  •  10-26-2006, 7:48 PM 12715 in reply to 12713

Nobody, but NOBODY cuts my hair. Ever again!! (past life trauma). At least that's my excuse.

As for Integral junkiedom, I owe what's left of my sanity to this early warning post by Yotam Schachter. It confirmed my ominous forebodings of what will become of those who get sucked into the Wilberian map-making maelstrom.

yschachter - August 7, 2024:

I fucking hate that I can't go through any kind of conversation with any depth at all without always already breaking it down into quadrants, levels, lines, states, and types. I hate that I can't read a book without wondering what meme it's written from and addressed to. I hate that I can't sit on my yoga mat for ten minutes without wondering whether this was a subtle, causal, or nondual experience. I hate that as soon as I get anywhere interesting in my contemplative expeditions, I hear Ken Wilber's fucking voice in my head telling me what I'm experiencing and pulling me out of it. I hate that as soon as I feel anything non-dual, I think the word non-dual, or I AMness, or whatever the fuck, and start thinking about it instead of being it and I lose fucking touch. AND I FUCKING HATE that when I tell myself to stop thinking about all of this crap and just be in the moment, the voice that thinks in all of that crap steps forward and congratulates me and tells me how good it is, according to the framework, that I'm disregarding the framework.

**Link**

Btw. where is Yotam? He hasn't written anything lately. I want more Yotam. Gimme my yschachter fix. Please Ken, let his nimble fingers do that AQAL posty thing again! I miss him so, bwaahoohaa. O Yotam, Yotam, thou art sorely missed.

Bereft - M
  •  10-26-2006, 7:50 PM 12716 in reply to 12713

The last 10 posts in this thread, including one of mine, have had zip to do with the "Top Ten Signs of Integral Junkies."  Who started this spamming!

I'm not serious, but more evidence of integral junkiedom would actually be on thread.  But the way we have wandered astray may be the 11th sign of the malady.  What are we avoiding, people?

MarkD

Or would that be off-topic too?

Just enough enlightenment for this time around, please.
Page 1 of 4 (46 items)   1 2 3 4 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help