Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Integral Education Summer Seminar

Last post 03-17-2008, 9:13 PM by miriam. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-18-2006, 7:49 PM 16806

Integral Education Summer Seminar

A call to all of you who are interested in education, from cradle to......Kosmos, as Jamie Wheal has named it:

The Integral Education Center's Core Team is in the beginning stages of working on its summer seminar, and we'd like your input.  Among our team, we have members who specialize in Integral parenting, K-12, college, graduate school, and adult education.  We're just now considering what we will present at that seminar, and as we do so, we'd like to know what the international Integral Community would like us to present.  Here are the considerations we're entertaining right now:

Would you prefer such a seminar to be 3 or 5 days, with an intro AQAL theory day?

We are looking at the West Coast, either in California or near Seattle.  Would you prefer more of a retreat atmosphere with nature and not malls surrounding you, or would you prefer a more cosmopolitan surrounding?

Would you prefer an intensive 3 days chock full of presentations, or a more relaxed 5 days with time to make contacts and create affinity groups in specialized areas of education?

What topics do you consider to be "hot" right now in your own lives, such as home schooling?

Would you prefer us to do all of the presentations, or would you like time set aside for YOU to share lesson plans, research, etc.?

We are asking you to co-create this seminar, the first Integral Education seminar ever, and one that we hope attracts educators world-wide

Thank you all for your input.

Lynne

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  12-19-2006, 11:40 AM 16833 in reply to 16806

• gjplsc is not online. Last active: 05-10-2008, 7:28 AM gjplsc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-17-2006
    • Posts 6
    • Points 135

Re: Integral Education Summer Seminar

Good Afternoon Lynne,

Yes to an integral education seminar.  I work with adults in the context of parent education, and a family support practice crdentialing program.  I work in Missouri, and I just did a presentation for our Children's Trust Fund on an integrally informed family support practice.  I am very interested in integral transformative education.  Let me know if I can help with anything.

blessings,

Gary Johnson                                                                                                                                 

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  12-19-2006, 1:08 PM 16839 in reply to 16833

Gary,

I am retiring, but will be counseling in a family marriage center dealing with pre-marriage,marriage, conflict management, family budgets, neuro emotional technique and dealing with teens concerning marriage. What integral message is available in this field? I am reading Ken's Integral Psychology, but I am looking especially for practical integral solutions. Any good advice?

JC
    33° 13' N 87° 37' W
    • Report abuse
  •  12-22-2006, 6:35 PM 17030 in reply to 16839

Thanks, Gary and JC.  We represent the tip of an incredible international iceberg of people who deal theoretically and practically with every aspect of Integral education.  What we really do need to hear are specific community needs, so that we can figure out which projects to present, and whether there is enough demand for a 3 or a 5 day seminar.

Lynne

• Report abuse
  •  12-22-2006, 9:45 PM 17047 in reply to 17030

Hi Lynne!

Count me in with all good luck!

Would you prefer such a seminar to be 3 or 5 days, with an intro AQAL theory day?

I would probably only be able to stay 3 days at most but also would not need an AQAL intro . . .

We are looking at the West Coast, either in California or near Seattle.  Would you prefer more of a retreat atmosphere with nature and not malls surrounding you, or would you prefer a more cosmopolitan surrounding?

CA and "cosmo" would be my vote.

Would you prefer an intensive 3 days chock full of presentations, or a more relaxed 5 days with time to make contacts and create affinity groups in specialized areas of education?

One way or another there should definitely be that time for contacts, affinity groups, etc. Keep the momentum and networking strong even after everyone goes home.

Would you prefer us to do all of the presentations, or would you like time set aside for YOU to share lesson plans, research, etc.?

Well, if it's truly integral then it has to be both!

I am interested in giving a presentation as on the potential impact of drama in education (and an Integral Education especially). In ways I have been imagining giving such a presentation to individuals who might take it seriously for over a decade. More and more my current research (for an overall Integral Theory of Acting) is continuing to show that there are some truly 21st Century ideas and applications to be found in this area  (i.e. as far as taking this essential aspect of human nature seriously-and how it affects and cross-effects so many other areas and is involved in overall development. PM or Email me and I'll give you some examples if you want).

So that's my bid.

Hope others jump on board! We truly are at the cutting-edge!

Peace, Tim

"With whom or with what are you in communion at this moment?"
    . . ."I?" he replied, almost mechanically. "Why not with anyone or anything."
    "You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Report abuse
  •  01-01-2007, 4:52 PM 17563 in reply to 17047

Tim,

Thanks so much for your input about our seminar.  Most of us are flying into Denver Jan. 13-15th to figure out what we might present this summer.  I'm fascinated with what you have offered, and if you'd realllly like to present, could you please send me via lawteach@aol.com any info that you have on a possible presentation?

Thanks,

Lynne

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  01-01-2007, 6:48 PM 17566 in reply to 17563

Thanks Lynne, I will do that.

Peace, Tim

"With whom or with what are you in communion at this moment?"
    . . ."I?" he replied, almost mechanically. "Why not with anyone or anything."
    "You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  01-01-2007, 7:12 PM 17567 in reply to 16806

Hi Lynne. I am quite new here, just joined in December, but I have some interest in Integral Education. I have three years recent experience teaching adult education courses (computer software related), normally two nights per week plus all day Saturday.

I am currently exploring the idea of whether the Integral approach, AQAL framework and practices could be taught in adult education courses. In my experience adult education courses are usually quite short, perhaps two nights a week for three to six weeks kind of thing. I normally taught certificate programs which meant each course was a part of a series of several courses. I think this approach would be the way to go for Integral Adult Ed.

If I may be so bold, I am taking a page from Genpo Roshi’s book; maybe it does not have to take years to learn Integral theory and practice? I feel a sense of urgency regarding the Integral message and to proliferate it must be made easily understandable by ordinary folk. I am sure the Integral Life Practice Starter Kit I recently purchased was created and produced in that spirit.

I have no idea if I should consider attending your seminar at this early stage however and also I do not have a degree of any kind. Well, other than my Ph.D. from the University Of Public Library! Geeked [8-|]  My day job as VP Operations & Human Resources at an eLearning company does put me in the position of working closely with people with advanced education degrees constantly. I did notice in my courses however that if a student did not know the lingo or group norms he or she would often hold the class back.

Given all that, I would be interested and happy to participate in any forum discussions around Integral Adult Ed if your group decides that it will be a part of your program.

Rick Bateman
    Founder
    Social Circles Canada - A New Kind Of Health Club
    socialcirlces.ca
    +48° 25' 43.45", -123° 20' 10.20" (hint: Google Maps)
    • Report abuse
  •  01-02-2007, 5:21 AM 17583 in reply to 17563

Lynne,

I am speaking at the International Metaphysical Ministry convention in June; it being held in Las Vegas. I wish I could be with you. I have not prepared my speech as yet, but I know it will touch on integral spirituality. IMM was created in 1959 by Dr. Paul Masters. He was the forerunner, I believe, to introduce much of what has evolved putting us into the "Integral Age." Introducing Metaphysical Science Into Mainstream Education," was a dissertation I wrote in 1993. Now we are talking about Integral University, and Integral Theory (I-I) We have Integral Science (IONS), but somehow we have to integrate all of this for practical use for those who do not understand all the theories and sciences. It has been my mission to help condense integral so that an 8th grade reader might be able to understand. Most people read on the 8th grade level or below. 

JC
    33° 13' N 87° 37' W
    • Report abuse
  •  01-18-2007, 1:36 PM 18434 in reply to 17567

Rick and all,

Great to meet you and hear from you.  I would consider you ideal for attending the seminar, which we began to format this past weekend in Denver.  It covers ALL types of educators: home schooling parents, parents of any age children, adult ed folks, yoga teachers, k-12, and corporate trainers.  We're going to have break-out groups so that folks such as you won't get stuck with a group learning Integral techniques in the pre-school ages.  I'm truly excited about it, and look forward to your contributions to our forum and to see you at the seminar!

If you'd like to conteact me privately, let me know.

Lynne

• Report abuse
  •  04-11-2007, 11:05 PM 21690 in reply to 18434

Announcing the first ever Integral Education Seminar!

Hi everyone,

Have you heard of the Integral Education seminar that’s ACTUALLY happening this summer?! It’s the first ever, and will be held August 13-17 on beautiful Whidbey Island, just west of Seattle: www.i-edu.org. 

I think it is going to be an amazing event. Diane Hamilton will be there, presenting Big Mind and the 3-2-1 shadow process for educators, also Clint Fuhs from Integral Institute plus the entire team that’s been working together as the Integral Education Center’s core team for the last three years.

Are you engaged in integral education?  This will be a wonderful opportunity to network with a small but growing group of educators from around the world that are dedicated to exploring and implementing the leading edge in education. We will come together to learn about and practice integral education, as well to become a community of fellow seekers and iEd practitioners

As Lynne mentions above, this seminar is for educators of all age groups and types: “home schooling parents, parents of any age children, adult ed folks, yoga teachers, k-12, and corporate trainers...”

We’d love to hear what you would like to see happen at the seminar that is not already on the schedule. Also if you are thinking of coming, this thread can be a great place start the conversation. Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible there!

Love and blessings to all,

Miriam

• Report abuse
  •  03-17-2008, 9:13 PM 41974 in reply to 21690

Second Integral Education Seminar summer 2008!

Hello!

This summer Next Step Integral is putting on the second Integral Education seminar August 16 2008 on beautiful Whidbey Island (just west of Seattle): www.i-edu.org

Last year's seminar offered a profound experience of exploring integral education both theoretically and experientially -- for testimnonials, see: http://www.i-edu.org/testimonials-2007.php

This year we are taking it a step further, and placing even more emphasis on application. What does Integral Education look like in action? How can I use the integral framework and perspective in my classroom, in my work as a parent or yoga teacher or educator in any field?

We are fortunate to have Diane Hamilton and Clint Fuhs and the Next Step Integral Education Team join us again as presenters. In addition, this year we will have Susanne Cook-Greuter and Sean Esbjorn-Hargens with us.  

We look forward to meeting, sharing and celebrating with iEd practitioners from around the globe!

Much love,

Miriam

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2006. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help