Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Kundalini, States and Stages

Last post 05-20-2007, 11:45 PM by leopardi. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2007, 11:09 PM 20053

Kundalini, States and Stages

Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone has an answer to this question? (and my apologies if its already been discussed in a previous discussion that I may have missed). What is the relation between kundlini awakening and stage and state development, if any? Will a kundalini awakening result in a certain level of stage attainment? Regarding different lines of development, what lines will be activated by kundalini?

My background to the question comes from my own awakening. I have been following Kens work for about 7 years, and have maintained a fairly constant regime of meditation, fitness work, pschodynamic work and study, along with a bunch of other practices. The unintended awakening has been in  progress for a little over a year (b.t.w, 3-2-1 Body is excellent for balancing energy in the body), and I can't remember coming across any reading or information about  the relation of kundalini and stages and states. What I am looking for is an understanding of how kundalini fits into Kens model, and to provide a framework within which to more accuratly orientate my own experience, so if anyone has any comments are pointers to reliable information, that would be great.

kind regards

Bruce

•  03-05-2007, 4:09 AM 20057 in reply to 20053

Re: Kundalini, States and Stages

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the forums.

I would tentatively say that Kundalini is more of a state thing, a state plateau. But it is certainly a very powerful state change so obviously we would expect it to affect structures (stages) as well. I'm thinking that simply being a source of energy will help kundalini effect change in several different lines of development. It can also deepen meditation practice, so this would then help accelerate even cognitive development that leads the way for all lines. My experience (which is still limited in time!) is that kundalini is so powerful that a lot of deepseated repressed emotions are stirred up and thereby available to for integration.

Another thought in connection to this: chakras have both a state and a structure component. And since kundalini induces powerful state changes in the chakras wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that it accelerates structure changes as well?

Pelle

http://pelle.zaadz.com/
    http://malmointegral.blogspot.com/
  •  03-05-2007, 7:06 AM 20059 in reply to 20057

Hi Pelle,

Thanks for your reply. Your thought on chakras having both a state and a structure component makes me think that as kundalini moves through the various chakras, there would need to be an associated structural component to support the expression of that chakra, and if that structure isn't already in place, then it would need to come into being through the developmental process to support  that expression. If that assumption is correct, then it would imply that kundalini would result in at least a high level of cognitive development, as you mentioned. (I do have a much more stable grounding in witnessing awareness that has developed with the process, which allows me to move more freely through different perspectives.) Again, if the assumption about chakra/structural development is correct, then how does that explain Kens comments that many Zen masters are at a blue (or amber) stage of development? Does that then mean that they havn't had this type of vertical  awakening, and that they are (just) state masters and have achieved Self-realization, and have stepped off the ladder of form, so to speak?

If your comment is correct that Kundalini is more of a state thing, then that would explain why the blue/amber Zen masters (for example) can be where they are with this type of awakening. My experience is that many unusual states tend to happen spontaneosly, and particulary in the dream (subtle) states, there has been an increase in the range of experiences that occur, as well as a type of merging of many subtle phenomena into the gross state.

re deepseated repressed emotions being stirred up and having to be integrated, thats been true of my experience, and having an understanding of shadow work and 3-2-1 Shadow, along with a sense of humor,  has been an invaluable tool to avoid much suffering. Being phsycially fit also helps a lot. Also, the more energy thats moving through your system, the more effective ( and correspondingly the more complex) the nervous dissipative structures would need to be, and that would seem to be futhur support for a stage development argument.

take care

Bruce

•  05-16-2007, 10:32 PM 22881 in reply to 20053

Hi,
    without knowing the complete Integral model particularly well, I can report that kundalini awakenings produced the nondual state in mind several times over the last 20 years. So perhaps then whatever the value of the nondual state has in the Integral model would also be the value of kundalini. No experience in my experiences with repressed emotions and kundalini. It has been a pretty straight trip to the mountain top for me.

David B.
  •  05-18-2007, 3:00 AM 22934 in reply to 22881

I see kundalini awakening as a stage development, although possibly people can also peak experience it as states. Kundalini, when it starts moving is usually irreversible, not a by passing state. It is a new stage of functioning in your body, and your system as a whole. Most probably there are also different stages of this kundalini flow.
    The next question is: Which line of intelligence this kundalini awakening is about? It has a lot to do with how you are able to deal with your bodily sensations and feelings, together with your capacity to stay in I AM:ness and draw blissfull subtle energy from that source. If emotions are how you through words interpret your feelings, this is not about that. It is how you are capable of really FEELING sensations and feelings. Instead of interpreting your feelings through thoughts, finding them in your body, and penetrating them there, leads to kundalini awakening. This way one can much more powerfully and efficiently work through deepseated repressed emotions. Kundalini flowing also makes those issues to surface much more easier than earlier. If you can deal with and integrate all the stuff that is arising, kundalini can improve your health enormously.

I have written about these issues here in the thread: Share your practices / A personal life story in healing practises in many levels, lines and states http://multiplex.integralinstitute.org/Public/cs/forums/thread/18350.aspx

Irmeli
  •  05-20-2007, 11:33 AM 23047 in reply to 22934

Hi Ermeli,

thanks for the link, and for sharing your story. You sure have faced a lot, and thats admirable and inspirational. My experience is similiar to yours, in that being willing to feel sensations and feelings is a key to working through repressed emotions. I found that doing shadow work as concurrent to the process has helped a lot, as just awareness practice does not always get to the root cause. KW talks about this a few places, where you can get deeply in touch with an inauthentic emotion (such as fear), and transform it, without getting to the authentic emotion itself.

take care

Bruce 

•  05-20-2007, 11:33 AM 23048 in reply to 22934

Hi Ermeli,

thanks for the link, and for sharing your story. You sure have faced a lot, and thats admirable and inspirational. My experience is similiar to yours, in that being willing to feel sensations and feelings is a key to working through repressed emotions. I found that doing shadow work as concurrent to the process has helped a lot, as just awareness practice does not always get to the root cause. KW talks about this a few places, where you can get deeply in touch with an inauthentic emotion (such as fear), and transform it, without getting to the authentic emotion itself.

take care

Bruce 

•  05-20-2007, 11:45 PM 23074 in reply to 20053

Yes, shadow work is important and it can be done in many ways. I would however  want to make the distinction, that as an emotion fear can be interpreted inauthentically, but fear can never be inauthentic as a feeling. When you feel fear, it is a real feeling. Real changes happen in your body, as cortisone levels rising.
    I have gone through a long psychoanalytical psychotherapy. Especially in the beginning my therapist was often worried of my ‘freely floating fears’. I told her that I feel fear. She asked me, what I’m afraid of. I told her I have no idea, but described to her how I feel the fear in my body, in which parts, and how the fear operates there.
     Gradually we both observed that at some point even reasons for my fear surfaced and they came from deep inside, no inauthentic explanations. I understand that in real life situations it is crucially important to know what you are afraid of. It is a warning of real danger, and you have to know what the danger is. But when working with shadow stuff this does not anymore apply.
    When fear surfaces, which is not connected to alarming about real external danger, I don’t start analysing, if this fear is inauthentic fear or not. I rather face the fear as a felt sensation in my body. I penetrate that sensation with my attention. I am one with it. I don’t do anything else with it. The rest is just enjoying the show of the fear deconstructing or transforming itself. This process can be very blissful. Actually this kind of process is one of my greatest funs and enjoyments, when done in deep meditative states.
     At other times  anger or heaviness maybe surfacing. I treat them similarly. I never interpret any of these feelings as inauthentic. I can judge some of the interpretations that appear to mind as the cause of these feelings as partial, or dishonest. This has proved to work very efficiently for me. It tends to create a lot of bliss also. The subtler the levels are, where I’m capable of extending this work to, the more bliss starts to flow in my body.

Irmeli
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help