Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

"Jane: An Integral Psychotherapy Case Study"

Last post 04-12-2007, 8:28 PM by ben496. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-08-2007, 11:12 AM 20277

"Jane: An Integral Psychotherapy Case Study"

By Paul Landraitis
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  04-12-2007, 8:28 PM 21718 in reply to 20277

Re: "Jane: An Integral Psychotherapy Case Study"

I found this integral psychotherapy case study article to be enlightening, informative, and extensively stimulating.  This was particularly helpful to me as I am in the process of changing careers from a mathematics professor to a counselor.  The multitude of different therapeutic approaches and configurations with the AQAL system at first seemed rather overwhelming to me and somewhat artificial, but the author's explanatory conclusion about his "flow" with his clients and how it all naturally takes shape and fits togther for him is reassuring to me and makes sense.  However, as I wrote in my response to Susanne Cook-Greuter's article about the 20th century history of integral psychology, I know that my dominant leanings are in the humanistic psychology realm, but it is also true that humanistic psychology is currently putting much intention into becoming more integral with other bracnches of psychology, largely for academic survival reasons, in my opinion.  It is a stretch for me to open myself up more to behavioral and biochemical approaches, and yet I am starting to realize that this may be important for me to do if I am going to become an effective psychotherapist.  At any rate, the AQAL articles on integral psychology and psychiatry, and especially this current integral psychotherapy case study article has given me much food for thought and more appreciation and respect for integral psychotherapy.

Elliot Benjamin

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help