Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Alanis Morissette

Last post 16 hours, 22 minutes ago by ambosuno. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-02-2007, 10:44 AM 29406

Alanis Morissette

What did you guys think of this week's talk?  I really enjoyed editing it--her laughter is so warm and unassuming, and her intelligence really shines through.  I was pleasantly surprised at what a great talk it was.... I've never been the biggest fan of her music, but this talk really gave me a newfound respect for her as an artist. 

If you haven't already, be sure to check out this Holons post: Alanis Morissette Achieves the Seventh Circle of Irony

Corey W. deVos (dj rekluse)
    Brand Manager, Integral Naked
    Audio Manager, Integral Institute
    Managing Editor, KenWilber.com
  •  10-02-2007, 11:45 AM 29409 in reply to 29406

Re: Alanis Morissette

Actually I cannot say that I am a fan of her music because I am not familiar with her music.  However, during the dialogue I laughed when she mentioned she was very bored with anyone that did not have an mult-faceted or integral perspective.   She is lucky she is not in my world she would be very alone.

All great artists try to touch with the divine.   Not an easy task.  After listening to her talk with Wilber I will make an effort to listen to some of her music.

Tricia

when two people agree on everything all of the time one of them is not necessary
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  10-02-2007, 3:47 PM 29415 in reply to 29406

Corey, I really liked it! It was a surprise. I agree - wholesomely intelligent, shadowgoing and all.  Yes, warm sounding; and she felt real to me. One could hear/feel her energy and feelings and manner of engagement with Ken of several sorts. She did not feel monolithic. I had the sense that she could be sufficiently 'poised' or not poised - well, be real. I liked her style of vulnerability. Etc. Well - I guess it's pretty obvious that I liked her presentation and the ease of their exchange.

Following on the heels of the prior successful woman artist, I felt that she didn't need to be too careful or self-monitoring of what she spoke or of how. I sense that I would feel comfortable being at an informal gathering with her.

And, yes, now I will listen to her music.

I was just going to start a thread on the interview, but you beat me to it. Fun, ambo

Ambo Suno
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  10-02-2007, 6:05 PM 29421 in reply to 29415

I have a really deep respect for Alanis Morissette. She occurs to be a very strong and outspoken person. Jagged Little Pill rocked the feminine shadow out of the closet and I think the amber center of gravity wasn't ready for it. Why is it so hard for us to except women who are angry and sexually confident? I have a deep respect for artists that push cultural bounderies and have the ability to express the profound darkness I feel at times. I wish more pop artistists had that kind of courage and brilliance.
    Integral Boy
    • Report abuse
  •  10-02-2007, 6:22 PM 29422 in reply to 29421

Music [8] thank u thank u silence . . .

• Report abuse
  •  10-03-2007, 10:12 AM 29452 in reply to 29422

finally got my player working .. was able to listen to alanis with ken .. i remember the first time i heard her .. she was singing Music [8] i'm broke but i'm happy .. i'm poor but i'm kind 

and she was just a kid and we're all asking wow who's that person singing ? 

so many things i love about part one of this dialogue .. her wisdom and light shine thru

interesting that sometimes she'll write a song and then ten years later she'll hear it as though it was spoken for her as something she needed to hear right then

and that sometimes she'll write a song in twenty minutes .. but the lead-up was a life lived

and when ken said that he's not half the saint his fans think he is and not have the sinner his critics think he is .. and alanis said .. my biggest stretch would be to think i'm everything they say i am

and my body was vibrating while i was listening

• Report abuse
  •  10-03-2007, 1:16 PM 29463 in reply to 29452

and about the light shadow that alanis brought up .. reminds me of when a man falls in love with a woman thinking her a goddess and then is dismayed to discover she is human too

• Report abuse
  •  10-16-2007, 8:55 PM 30135 in reply to 29463

and love her description of the ultimate collaborator .. able to hold what i bring forth .. feeling it as high as i or higher .. bringing  their own uniqueness to the table .. their expression and my expression combining into a third entity

• Report abuse
  •  10-17-2007, 4:32 AM 30158 in reply to 30135

Surprise [:O]when is bjork coming over????Cool [H]Party!!! [<:o)]
    • Report abuse
  •  10-18-2007, 8:41 PM 30264 in reply to 30158

i got a kick out of when alanis referred to certain groups she'd find herself in .. as herds tribes circles

• Report abuse
  •  10-18-2007, 8:44 PM 30265 in reply to 30264

her wording is great .. like when talking about times of being off-kilter as being when u roll up the window and lock god out

• Report abuse
  •  11-06-2007, 4:08 PM 31417 in reply to 30265

I want to hug Alanis Morissette; she is brilliant.
    This is self contraction contracting upon itself in infinite ripples of self-liberating torment.
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  11-06-2007, 4:45 PM 31421 in reply to 31417

ditto !!

• Report abuse
  •  11-06-2007, 9:31 PM 31434 in reply to 31421

Thank you Disillusionment!
    This is self contraction contracting upon itself in infinite ripples of self-liberating torment.
    • Report abuse
  •  11-07-2007, 6:26 AM 31459 in reply to 31421

thank u thank u silence

• Report abuse
Page 1 of 2 (16 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2006. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help