Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Portland Mini-Gathering in September

Last post 08-15-2006, 11:58 PM by devinwilson. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (23 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-02-2006, 9:27 PM 2996

Cake [^] Portland Mini-Gathering in September

Alright, me hale and hearty holons!  Who's up for a mini-gathering in Portland this September?

I know I am!  Portland is cool 'cause it's beautiful and Robins live there and it's so halfway between Vancouver and Sacramento...what's not to love?

The image “http://www.portlandmenu.com/images/portland_vacations.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

arthur

"Dwell in possibility" - Emily Dickinson
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  08-02-2006, 9:42 PM 3000 in reply to 2996

• maryw is not online. Last active: 08-18-2006, 1:19 AM maryw
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2006
    • southern California
    • Posts 96
    • Points 2,040

Re: Portland Mini-Gathering in September

Arthur -- I'd really like to try and make this . . . we'll see. If it's a go, Liz and I and others along the route could carpool.

Mary

"Love is a cloud that scatters pearls." ~Rumi

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  08-02-2006, 10:06 PM 3004 in reply to 3000

Cool, Maryw!  I will pray for this outcome.  The consensus appears to be that  NO ONE got enough of you at the last gathering.  Admittedly, I was quite distracted at the time but I'm not going to let that happen this time! Super Angry [8o|]

At this very moment Liz is squealing with delight at the prospect of possibly driving up the coast with you.  Smile [:)]

I hope that cool Portland Aqalistas will jump on this bandwagon - always good to meet new Wilberry holons.  Smile [:)]  Does anyone local know of good places (especially free or inexpensive) for people to stay during such a gathering?  

arthur

The image “http://www.westernseminary.edu/Portland/images/portland.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

• Report abuse
  •  08-02-2006, 11:30 PM 3012 in reply to 3004

It's true. I squealed, and it was all about you, not Arthur.Surprise [:O]

I want to make it really clear that I would particularly like any people who want to get in on this to do so. I love seeing my friends, but I'm open to new ones, too. I think this time we may actually get to see and stay with Robin, too! But even if we do, others will need places to stay, and  think there are some pretty cool hostels in Portland, as I've checked them out before. $22.50/night, as I recall.

Portlanders who want to just drop in and have dinner, that'd be cool, too. We did that in Vancouver, and it was great (though I would make sure I'm more rested next time, hopefully).

Liz

God Bless Ken Wilber
    • Report abuse
  •  08-08-2006, 9:23 AM 3727 in reply to 3012

• aeryck is not online. Last active: 08-16-2006, 6:42 PM aeryck
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2006
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20

As I mentioned before, I would probably be up for a dinner or hanging out at some point.  I work in Portland, but live about an hour south.  I'm not much help in where all the cool spots are, but do know the "integral" crowd up here very well.  Check out http://www.integralportland.com for our site and feel free to sign up and post there if you want to get help finding places, etc.

Aeryck

P.S.  My family is thinking about a Vancouver, BC vacation coming up very soon.  We've never been to Canada at all.  What are the things not to miss?  We basically will be in tourist mode.  Looks like there is a big fair there at the amusement park, and Stanley Park looks good.  Some sort of Chinese garden?  Any other really cool things that are uniquely "Vancouver"?  Feel free to PM or email me - eric at integralvalley

Thanks

Seeking the Unseekable
    • Report abuse
  •  08-08-2006, 11:14 AM 3746 in reply to 3727

Hey, Aeryck!  It would be great to hang out with you again, and Denis and I were just saying last night that we wished you'd post more often.  If you come to Vancouver I'd love to meet you for tea or whatever, if you have time.  As for things to do here, you might find some inspiration in this thread in the original forum.

I'm so looking forward to the Portland Gathering!  Let's talk about exactly when this is going to happen.  Right now it appears the only time that is really likely to work for me is during the labour day weekend, and I suspect that will work for the most people.  I have 4 days off at that time - from Saturday, September 2nd through Tuesday, September 5th.  Michael is sitting beside me on his computer and says that it is more likely than not that he'd be able to make those dates, and he loves the idea of attending the Portland Gathering.  I love Michael and look forward to spending more time with him, so I'm happy that he's on board.  Smile [:)] 

Do those dates work for other people?

arthur

• Report abuse
  •  08-08-2006, 12:50 PM 3760 in reply to 2996

I live in Portland and would love to meet anyone who hangs out here in I-I world.  I'll be in Seattle Labor Day weekend, though, so if that ends up being the date, it'll have to be another time.  Seems like several of you regular contributors live in or near the PNW.  I've been to a Portland Integral meeting once and experienced great conversation.  A volunteer commitment on the same night has kept me away, unfortunately. 

The I-5 corridor ROCKS!

To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. - E.E.Cummings
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  08-08-2006, 6:40 PM 3790 in reply to 3746

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2006
    • southern California
    • Posts 96
    • Points 2,040

Hey Arthur --

I don't want to dis it entirely, but Labor Day weekend can be a horrible time for peeps who are traveling--by car or otherwise. I usually avoid driving then (unless absolutely necessary) because traffic is a nightmare. It would also be tricky for anyone trying to rent a car or motel that weekend.

California screamin,

Mary

• Report abuse
  •  08-08-2006, 11:45 PM 3810 in reply to 3790

Hey Maryw

You raise some great points, and everyone is free to suggest alternative dates.  If another time of the month is selected I may or may not be able to attend - I'd have to look very carefully at my schedule.  I may not be able to get more than 2 consecutive days off during another time of the month, and two days is probably not worth traveling to and from Portland for me.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes...no attachment.  Smile [:)]  At this point I'm still buzzed from the Powell River Gathering.

spirals,
    arthur

• Report abuse
  •  08-09-2006, 11:16 AM 3870 in reply to 3810

There's a possibility that I might be able to do it September 16-18.  Three days, sort of worth it.  Need to check what's up with Liz re: September.

arthur

• Report abuse
  •  08-09-2006, 2:26 PM 3914 in reply to 3870

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2006
    • southern California
    • Posts 96
    • Points 2,040

Arthur --

I could probably swing an August 16-18 gig -- I could start driving sometime on Tuesday and it wouldn't be so bad . . . However that is awfully short notice for folks -- it being next week and all! When is Liz getting back from her camping trip?

And I do think we should do what is feasible for the most peeps. If Labor Day works for you and Michael and for others who want to go, then that's when it should be -- especially considering that you'd have more time off then and it is somewhat more of a trek for you (would you fly?).

Sending out trip vibes Smile [:)],

Mary

• Post Points: 50
    • Report abuse
  •  08-09-2006, 2:47 PM 3921 in reply to 3914

Y'all are a bunch of trippin fools.

And I wanna be trippin with ya.

May the boundless knowledge that time presents and space allows illuminate the native perspectives of your original face.

• Report abuse
  •  08-09-2006, 2:48 PM 3922 in reply to 3914

Make that September 16-18.

I doubt I'd fly...most likely bus. 

arthur

• Report abuse
  •  08-09-2006, 2:55 PM 3923 in reply to 3921

balder:

Y'all are a bunch of trippin fools.

And I wanna be trippin with ya.

We wanna be trippin with you too, mon.  Does this mean you might make the proposed Portland party?

arthur

• Report abuse
  •  08-10-2006, 10:34 AM 4028 in reply to 3914

OK I spoke with Liz...the only dates that work for us are the Labor Day weekend ones...Michael can also make that weekend for sure so here we go:

OFFICIAL DATES OF PORTLAND GATHERING:
    SEPTEMBER 2-4, 2006

Who can make these dates?  So far the list is:

Arthur
    Liz
    Michael
    Robin

Mary?

Of course, people may come early or stay late.  I hope to meet more local Portland people during this trip, that's always a blast.  Also, are there any things people would like to suggest that we simply must do or see in Portland?  I hear there's a nice little bookstore there somewhere... Hmm [^o)]

arthur

• Report abuse
Page 1 of 2 (23 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2006. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help