Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Kens new dialogue

Last post 11-30-2007, 12:29 PM by tricia. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-28-2007, 6:34 PM 32641

Kens new dialogue

Unfortunately I could not download this onto my ipod which is disappointing because I love when he talks about the masculine and femme. 

It raises your conscousness to realize you are attracted to an energy that is so different and to dance together you must empathize.  I thought about his comments about the world being too masculine and some women being happy with taking on the male role.  However, what about the femme having power and bringing more femme attributes to the plate.  I had to laugh because on TV I saw a clip about some young female starlets that were accused of serial dating.  Now from a mae perspective this is difficult to understand because why would a women want to date allot of men and not sleep with them?  In the past women could not do that because they were pregnant or did not have the means to pick and choose.  However from the female perspective it makes allot of sense.

The qualities of linking were left to the limited boundaries of the home.   However those women who are in power have had to adapt to the male model of the world.

when two people agree on everything all of the time one of them is not necessary
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  11-28-2007, 8:52 PM 32650 in reply to 32641

Re: Kens new dialogue

Hi Tricia, for clarity purposes are you saying the women that are adapting to the male model regarding the dating scene has been empowering them or disempowering them as women ?
    Bill Kilburg,
    • Report abuse
  •  11-29-2007, 8:33 AM 32675 in reply to 32650

Bill for clarity purposes do you think a woman serial dating is taking on the male model?

The conventional experiences is women usually wait to be acheived.  When women had no control over their reproductive life they were more vulnerable so that could be dangerous.  However with the pill women had more control.  

A divorced financially secure, sexy hetersexual woman decide to have a date with a different man picked her up and wooed her twice a week so she can enjoy being a woman weaving the intricate 'we' space is really not taking on the male model of dating.  Forming a number of unique 'we' spaces with a few beaus before she decided to commit.  Some can look at this and say she is using her beauty as power or maybe she is enjoying the power of the femme and being appreciated and deciding before she commits (sex has been a commitment to women in the past).  Years ago she needed a chaperone and somehow that was socially accepted years ago.  However, actually from the female perspective she is looking for intimacy, spiritual connection etc and years ago women never had time time and power to do this.

So these starlets that 'serial' date are in a unprecedented position to do this.  Small observation. 

when two people agree on everything all of the time one of them is not necessary
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  11-29-2007, 9:12 AM 32678 in reply to 32675

we have to remember there is a difference between male and female biology .. and masculine and feminine qualities

i for one, seem to lean more toward agency than communion .. but that's just the nun in me

BTW: i too am unable to play part two of this dialogue .. but non-the-less .. part one is an excellent description of the origins of the integral persepctive

• Report abuse
  •  11-29-2007, 12:09 PM 32685 in reply to 32678

oh my fairfay you favor agency ?  With your pink typing and very girly name I would never of guessed.....................
    • Report abuse
  •  11-29-2007, 5:49 PM 32708 in reply to 32685

I agree, Tricia.   FairyFaye,   Are you sure.  What about your pink girly girl name( handle)?    I think you are into communion big time.  And Carol Gilligan says that she has come to the conclusion that whatever the woman does is feminine.  So I also understand you from that perspective. Agency. And that is why I like gILLIGAN'S STATEMENT.  (COMPUTER ACTING UP ) As for the serial dating.  It is an option, a choice and hopefuly would be a responsibile choice with respect and caring as we want in any relationship.

Of course, if a woman is  talking like a druken sailor with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth etc.  That is not feminine.   But then who likes to talk to any drunken sailor with a cig hanging out of the mouth.  And I took Gilligan's statement out of context and want to try and find where I read that.

By the way, I have a daughter-in- law named Carol Gilligan and I gave her the book,

"The Birth of Pleasure"  last year for Christmas and lent her "In Their Own Voice".. Tricky  Move.  Two of Carol Gilligan's books.

I too, like the subject- men and women.  I also believe that you can get that Phd.  Fairy Faye.  When do you take the first step?  It could be outrageous if you continued to write in pink for your papers etc.   You might have to use your real name.  Smile and Love  Pattye

• Report abuse
  •  11-29-2007, 7:35 PM 32715 in reply to 32675

Tricia, thanks for clearing that up, very well stated.  Personally I am much more at ease talking about Einsteins theory of relativity, and quantum mechanics than delving into the man / woman paradign.

Most of us men are pretty much hard wired sexually. As far as serial datin being a male model I might have been speaking from my jock/athlete identity.  When Wilt Chamberlain was alive he would converse about having sex with 20,000 women, and he said he was quite proud of that number.  Do women who have sex with thousands of men come from that same sense of accompishment ?

Bill Kilburg,
    • Report abuse
  •  11-30-2007, 8:58 AM 32754 in reply to 32708

pattye i don't know what my real name is 

smiles and love back atcha

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  11-30-2007, 12:29 PM 32767 in reply to 32715

no  women do not have the same sensse of accomplishment sleeping with thousands of men.  However the body has its own consciousness so daing can be dangerous.  When a man asks a femme attractive lady out hopefully both people are evolved enough to enjoy the dance.  When the sparks fly it is hard to keep your mind focused on issues that will make a difference.  In some ways it was easier before us ladies were liberated. Was more socially accepted to acknowledge the upper right quadrant so women had the benefit of chaperones or protection of some kind.

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help