Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Numbers for conversations and posts

Last post 08-10-2006, 12:56 PM by Mascha. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-09-2006, 7:05 PM 3952

Numbers for conversations and posts

Hello Powers-That-Be,

It would be much easier to reference a particular thread if it had a number assigned to it. And if each post/reply to each thread was numbered consecutively, well - that would make things really easy. As Chuang Tzu famously remarked, "Easy is right. The right way is easy."
    Or was that Lieh Tzu?

Any chance of this happening? Much obliged, 10001 kisses in a row,

M

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  08-10-2006, 10:27 AM 4025 in reply to 3952

Re: Numbers for conversations and posts

Mascha-

That actually already happens!  If you look in the top right corner of a post, you'll see a number.  3952 in the case of your original post!  You'll then see that my post will say 4025 in reply to 3952

That way in busy threads with lots of people posting, you can always quickly see which exact post someone hit the "reply" button to.

Hope that helps!

I'm thinkin' of something orange. Something orange. Give up? It's an orange.
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  08-10-2006, 12:56 PM 4044 in reply to 4025

Re: Numbers for conversations and posts

You're right, except the numbers on the upper right don't indicate the start of a new conversation.

Nor do they show consecutive numbers for the replies within each conversation.

This makes it difficult to find a particular conversation or a particular post within a conversation when someone makes a reference to it.

And when I want to mention a particular post within the same thread (instead of using a quote), I have to write a description, otherwise people will have to go hunting for that post all over the forums.

Best,

M
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help