Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

the one and the many

Last post 07-01-2008, 5:15 AM by benachad. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-30-2008, 12:26 PM 59716

the one and the many

what a great way to get inter-religious dialogue going .. discussing the general similarities between the buddhist trikaya and the christian trinity

as ken said .. the respective councils came up with them due to the panentheistic relational reality pressing down on their awareness .. both east and west

and as brother david said .. they came to these solutions as a result of their own personal experience

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  06-30-2008, 9:37 PM 59875 in reply to 59716

Re: the one and the many

I would offer the following correspondences (slightly different from KW's version)

Father, Transcendent, Unknowable Absolute Mystery, One without a second; Dharmakaya, Truth Body, Emptiness

Son, Imminent, Christ Consciousness, relating the One and the Many; Sambhogakaya, Enjoyment Body, can experience both Emptiness and Form

Holy Spirit, Dynamic, Creative Activity, The Many; Nirmanakaya, Emanation Body, Form

Holy Spirit/Nirmanakaya; there are no static forms, only the illusions of such produced by the dynamic, creative activity within The One.

Son/Sambhogakaya; there can be no creative, intelligent activity without discriminating consciousness. The mode and complexity is appropriate to the function of the ever changing form.

Father/Dharmakaya; too much has already been said.

Jerry

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  06-30-2008, 9:48 PM 59876 in reply to 59716

I liked and learned from this dialogue.

David said something about real thought arising out of emptiness that reminded me a little bit of something I tried to say on the states and stages thread about quality cognition arising out of a fertiley thought-free condition.

I liked liked how they negotiated the dialogue so far between practice and theory, the former seeming to be David's favored territory; but Ken persisted at the beginning with the opportunity for David to talk about his theological understanding of the trinity, and off they went.

I thought David's genuine interest and curiosity in the three-faceted buddhist oneness was neat.

Ambo Suno
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  06-30-2008, 10:10 PM 59887 in reply to 59876

yes and it was really cool when brother david said that jesus called it father .. but it's also mother .. the motherly womb .. the nothing out of which everything comes

• Report abuse
  •  07-01-2008, 5:15 AM 60049 in reply to 59876

In Silent Darkness

A subtle sound

The thought is Light

And Vision unfolds.

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help