Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Lama Surya Das in Cambridge MA in October...

Last post 10-27-2006, 5:34 AM by ginny. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-12-2006, 3:58 AM 7635

Lama Surya Das in Cambridge MA in October...

For folks in the Boston area...

Lama Surya Das will offer an evening teaching and a daylong retreat on Spontaneous Meditation, Friday evening Oct 27th and Saturday October 28th.  Both events will be at the Episcopal Divinity School Chapel, 9 Brattle St. Cambridge.  Details and online pre-registration are available at www.dzogchen.org/retreats.

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  10-22-2006, 7:56 AM 11976 in reply to 7635

Lama Surya Das in Cambridge October 27/28...Scholarships Available!

Hi All,

Scholarships are still available for the daylong retreat with Lama Surya Das this Saturday, October 28th 10 - 5, at the Chapel of the Episcopal Divinity School, 99 Brattle St, 2 blocks west of Harvard Square.  The topic is Spontaneous Meditation.  Information at www.dzogchen.org/reteatsHe will give a public talk on Friday evening at 7:30 at the same location. Registration for both events is available online or at the door. 

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  10-22-2006, 8:47 AM 11981 in reply to 11976

Re: Lama Surya Das in Cambridge October 27/28...Scholarships Available!

Do you know what the talk on Friday will be like?  The website didn't have any info about it that I could find.  I'm curious about Lama Surya Das and his teachings, but can't really afford $15 these days.  But if it was really worth it, I might be able to scrounge up some money by Friday...  (I'm assuming that the scolarships are for the retreat on Saturday?)

Peace, Love, and Bicycles,
    Turtle
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  10-22-2006, 9:53 AM 11992 in reply to 11981

Hi Turtle,

Don't let lack of $$ be a reason not to come if you are interested.  Friday night's talk is also about Spontaneous Meditation -- it's a public talk.  Friday night is a voluntary donation. 

Full or partial scholarships are available for Saturday.  You can register at the door ask for a scholarship (based on whatever you can pay.)   If you have any problem at all (you won't) just ask for Nancy (moi).

See you there,

Nancy (Ginny)

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  10-22-2006, 2:47 PM 12031 in reply to 11992

Thanks Ginny!  So Friday night is just a talk, and not a whole meditation sitting, right?  I'm not really one for group meditation, and I can't sit for very long in one position (so I usually meditate lying down).  So Saturday doesn't sound like something I'd be up for.  But I'm always happy to listen to discussions and new ideas!  So, I'll very likely come to the Friday night event and donate whatever loose change I have on me :-)

Oh, and I saw your post on the Zaadz Boston pod too.   That should give you lots of interseted folks!

Thanks again,
    Turtle
    (AKA Turil)
    • Report abuse
  •  10-27-2006, 5:34 AM 12746 in reply to 11981

You can register at the door.  Don't let $$ be a reason not to come if you are interested.  Scholarship support available at the door.
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help