Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Altar of Thanks: An Integral Refuge Tree

Last post 10-05-2006, 7:10 AM by geomo. 134 replies.
Page 1 of 9 (135 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-01-2006, 9:21 PM 733

Altar of Thanks: An Integral Refuge Tree

This space is to honor those persons and presences, words and images and moments, that have helped to enlighten, challenge, or transform you spiritually, or to coax or break you open to wider perspectives and a fuller embrace of the Kosmos...

An Integral Refuge Tree...
    May the boundless knowledge that time presents and space allows illuminate the native perspectives of your original face.

• Post Points: 185
    • Report abuse
  •  07-01-2006, 9:21 PM 734 in reply to 733

Re: Altar of Thanks: An Integral Refuge Tree

Two early teachers for me...

Thomas Merton and H.H. Dalai Lama (Tenzin Gyatso)

May the boundless knowledge that time presents and space allows illuminate the native perspectives of your original face.

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  07-01-2006, 9:22 PM 735 in reply to 734

J. Krishnamurti                                                                  

• Report abuse
  •  07-01-2006, 9:23 PM 737 in reply to 735

Jean Klein

Photo of Jean Klein

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  07-01-2006, 9:24 PM 738 in reply to 737

Lopon Tenzin Namdak

H.E. Lopon Tenzin Namdak Rinpoche

• Report abuse
  •  07-01-2006, 9:25 PM 739 in reply to 738

Tarthang Tulku

• Report abuse
  •  07-01-2006, 9:26 PM 740 in reply to 739

Of course...

• Report abuse
  •  07-01-2006, 9:28 PM 741 in reply to 740

Beatrice Bruteau

• Report abuse
  •  07-01-2006, 9:29 PM 743 in reply to 741

Raimundo Panikkar, Catholic/Interreligious Theologian

• Report abuse
  •  07-01-2006, 9:30 PM 744 in reply to 743

Joanna Macy

• Report abuse
  •  07-02-2006, 7:45 PM 768 in reply to 744

Hi Balder...interesting concept...

First up, (no, this isn't Integral Naked, but nudity suits me.)

CLICK HERE to read about Bill W.  Co-Founder of AA

Bill Wilson, Co-Founder of AA. It was the necessity of having to find a path of heart through the damned 12 steps that brought me to something approaching authentic spirituality.  And yes, the steps can be unpacked from a mystical perspective quite readily; which I am working on in my copious free time. In my copious free time. I'm not sure if Bill W. ever truly found lasting peace, but there's Spirit in the work he left behind.

Truth is where you find it. 

All of my thoughts, like junkyard dogs, guarding scraps of nothing......
    Bird York
    • Report abuse
  •  07-02-2006, 7:53 PM 769 in reply to 768

Number two
    Rebelling against the Blue-meme God that I thought the Steps were forcing me into, Buddhism seemed a natural path for exploration...

Sharon Salzberg.
    faculty member
    Her book "Faith," was the first I picked up by instinct.  Every page was like rain on a dry landscape.

First time I had was introduced to any version of the Buddha's talk to the Kalamas...

The first time I tried practicing Loving Kindness meditation, it seemed impossible to wish my enemies well.  Within a week, essential parts of my worldview had shifted.

Thank you, Sharon

Bird York
    • Report abuse
  •  07-02-2006, 8:02 PM 770 in reply to 769

BBG crawled in my brain so fast I didn't know what hit me, began questioning my grip on reality.  It was a transmission by voice of sorts--right past the conceptual mind that normally throws up flags of "show me the evidence," penetrating directly into subconscious.

Most important for introducing me to mysticism vs. religion and for his expounding on and beyond the Perennial Philosophy. I had no clue.  Really.  NO FUCKING CLUE. That's how thoroughly I had deadened myself to all things spiritual.  No, I won't tell you how old I am.  It's embarassing.

Bird York
    • Report abuse
  •  07-02-2006, 8:05 PM 771 in reply to 770

Pema Chödrön
    When Things Fall Apart....

Thank you, Pema.
    Especially for all the audio dharma.

I could just listen over and over until it sunk into my thick skull.

Bird York
    • Report abuse
  •  07-02-2006, 8:14 PM 773 in reply to 771

The image “http://www.adyashanti.org/images/productimg/large/3IOA.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Adyashanti.  Not Buddhism.  Not not-Buddhism.  But a refreshingly literal, direct approach that speaks directly to somewhere in me. Have not seen, heard or read anything unethical about this teacher.
    Spent a week at one of his silent retreats less than a month ago. 
    I don't know much (I don't know anything). Instinct informs me that he's a real deal 
    More teachings that my soul was thirsting for, even if ego not always so happy to hear them.
    But ego's having a tough time of it nowadays...

Bird York
    • Report abuse
Page 1 of 9 (135 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help