Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Institute Forums » General Community Forums » Integral Approaches to Community

Integral Approaches to Community

Last post 08-12-2006, 5:58 AM by tschmenk. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-27-2006, 12:10 PM 2184 in reply to 2024

Re: Integral Approaches to Community

I will try to catch you next week
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  07-27-2006, 12:19 PM 2185 in reply to 2024

Todd,

Thanks for the referal to Brett Thomas' site.  I will take a look

We will connect on the phone it sounds like,

But would like to keep open a converrsation in this forum about integral aspects of community.

Could you share your integral approach to dance and community work?

Anyone else out there who wants to discuss/explore integral implications of community?

John

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  07-28-2006, 2:32 PM 2304 in reply to 2185

All -

I will post something up next week.  Just presented on it this morning to a group of health educators and am now off to Boston to actually dance....  Party!!! [<:o)]

T

Todd
    • Report abuse
  •  08-01-2006, 3:46 PM 2780 in reply to 1883

• bmp is not online. Last active: 08-08-2006, 2:10 PM bmp
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-25-2006
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

John,

I am sorry to be so late in responding, I have been on the road.

Personnaly, I use these tools and practices within  group facilitation, as a participant and in one on one coaching.   I  read subtle energies and use both appreciative inquiry and intuition to help me understandand honor the reality within which my clients exist , their culture, types and states of consciousness, their own developmental path etc which helps me to adjust my approach in any moment or on a given day. 

Locally, we have a community of practice of people who have been trained in a principle-based psychology known as "health realization"  This approach is very aligned with the "big mind" process as I understand it.  The people who participate are homemakers, childcare providers, community activisits, a local judge, health care providers, teachers, headstart outreach staff etc..  We are using this approach within healthcare and human service organizations and with pretty oppressed communities. We will pilot a school-wide approach with a local middle school this fall training faculty, students and parents in the understanding of mind, thought and consciousness.  We are very excited.

I agree that the Healthy Communities movement is not very integral, there are individual leaders within the movement that certainly are, but the  institutional power of healthcare in this movement is a huge barrier.

Becky

• Report abuse
  •  08-02-2006, 10:01 PM 3003 in reply to 2780

Hi Becky,

Really fascinating work! I would love to hear more about the details. I will contact you via your email, if I can figure out the private contact avenue of this site.

On line, however, since the topic of this thread is "integral approaches to community", I would be interested in your framing of your approach in the context of a social holon, and more broadly, AQAL.  I can see it in what you already have said, but it would assist in comparing more apples to apples with some of the integral approaches to community which I pursue.

John    

• Report abuse
  •  08-12-2006, 5:58 AM 4160 in reply to 3003

Hi All -

As I stated last week, I inteded to put the model plus the presentation up this week.  That would actually take up quite a bit of space Surprise [:O] and so anyone who is interested in the powerpoint that I used to explain how to begin to apply the model to health programs can simply e-mail me and I will send you the power point presentation via e-mail.

Hope that works!

Todd

Todd
    • Report abuse
Page 2 of 2 (21 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help