Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Adyashanti

Last post 04-18-2008, 11:29 AM by adastra. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-24-2006, 1:07 AM 12294 in reply to 11708

Re: Adyashanti

Hi fairyfaye

That is just what I needed to hear. That everpresent..presence...always brimming in the background...just to acknowledge that as my mind zaps and raps...

Its the same principle as the big mind process. really

Thanks!

Gita

• Post Points: 50
    • Report abuse
  •  10-24-2006, 8:11 AM 12310 in reply to 12294

hi gita ... yes it's very freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  11-18-2006, 2:43 PM 15192 in reply to 12294

the audios on his site are jewls

whatever u want .. be it .. want love ? be love ...

• Report abuse
  •  11-28-2006, 11:28 AM 15639 in reply to 6457

one of the things in part three in his dialogue with bert, adya says: there's nothing more scary than a distorted ego that has access to an enlightened state .. then u can get a very deluded person

fair warning

• Report abuse
  •  06-27-2007, 7:00 PM 24935 in reply to 6457

• magicbeans is not online. Last active: 10-30-2007, 5:18 PM magicbeans
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-14-2006
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

hi
    I have sat with Adyashanti several times for Satsang and Intensives. He is crystal clear and his teachings are very powerful. You can now listen and call in to his online Satsang once a month at Cafe Dharma.
    If you ever get the chance, I hope you will sit with him in person. I also hope IN will have him on as a regular guest. His True Meditation CDs and his Journey After Awakening DVD are especially potent.
    L

• Report abuse
  •  06-27-2007, 8:27 PM 24938 in reply to 6598

• simplexicon is not online. Last active: Mon, Jul 02 2024, 12:54 PM simplexicon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-26-2007
    • Ottawa
    • Posts 11
    • Points 205

markw1000:
    I strongly agree jimtzu re: the 'usual rehashing of AQAL'. As much as I love reading Wilber's work and follow the Integral/AQAL stuff from II, he does tend to go on like a broken record about the same stuff, using the same examples. I would like it to reach a point where the dialogues (and perhaps this is already happening, I don't know) were not just aimed at beginners to Integral and got more and more into the juicy stuff - not necessarily the super-intellectual - but really explored these issues in great depth. 

I disagree. Integral Institute is so absolutely fresh and new. To leap ahead of the 'newbies' would be disasterous this early in I-I's birth. There are plenty of teachings that alienate beginners. Beginner Mind is absolutely essential in this case. Ken and the whole gang love to drop names, theories and research.

If you are in a city with a decent university or college, you can possibly pay for access to their library if you're not a student (in which case I believe library access is universally included). Follow up on some of these people they are mentioning in the various talks or in the keywords. You will find amazing things in scientific journals, as well as many of the original ancient texts being refered to or at least commentary on them. This is an excellent way to continue, and in the process explore your own ability to research and discover new dimensions that cater specifically to your stage of development and interest!

It's a wonderful feeling, being self-driven like that, I recommend strongly that you (meaning anyone in this half-starved situation) try. You will most definitely find things that are fresh and you can pump that newness into the forums rather than wait for handouts and tablescraps from Ken. No offense, Ken, you're tasty, but not a full meal on your own. LOL.

I have always been a person who enjoys popularizing science and spirituality, making it accessible and fun to the victims of lower education levels and the attention span of the infotainment age. It can be quite rewarding, synthesizing the material for yourself, and then wording it clearly to save someone else a whole lot of trouble, expanding their choices of what lead to follow.

Just to be fair, I will recommend one book that I find just absolutely essential, and that works very well with the Integral model. The books is "Thought as a System" by David Bohm. If you haven't read this, I don't know what you're waiting for.

Maybe if you are very lucky, you will find some myILP or Integral people in the city or town you live in and can get together. Ottawa, Canada seems short at the moment, but I'm sure that eventually you might find that those numbers increase, and friendships, hell, even communities, will blossom. And that absolutely depends on this stuff being aimed at 'beginners'.

Good luck MarkW10000000000000000000!

-james

I'm the left eye, you're the right,
    would it not be madness to fight?
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  06-28-2007, 12:49 PM 24964 in reply to 24938

from http://www.wheniawoke.com/Sages/Adyashanti.html

Adyashanti

One day while meditating Adyashanti heard a bird chirping and the question arose “Who hears this sound?” He then wrote this poem:

Today I awoke, finally I see the Self has re-turned to the Self.
    The Self is none other than the Self
    I am deathless. I am endless. I am free.
    The birds outside sing ..
    The birds outside sing and there am I.
    The seeing of leaves on the trees, that seeing am I.
    The body breathes, breathing am I.
    I am awake and I know that I am awake.
    Seen from the old eyes, everything is asleep, a game, a delusion.
    But now I am awake. I am the play. I am the game. I am the delusion.
    I am the enlightenment I sought, looking everywhere.
    Nothing is separate, nothing is alone.
    I am all that I see. All that I smell, taste, touch, feel, think and know.
    I am awake and this awakeness is the same as Shyakyamuni Buddha's.
    Today the leaf has returned to the root.
    I am all name and form and beyond all name and form.
    I am Spirit, no longer trapped in a body.
    I am free. I am free because I am awake.
    So ordinary. Who would have thought ? Who could have guessed?
    I am home. I am really home. Ten thousand life times.
    Ten thousand life times but today I am home.
    This is not an experience. This is me.
    I am awake. Finally, I am awake.
    Nothing has changed, but I am awake.
    Before I tasted the root many times and felt, how delicious.
    Today I became the root. How ordinary.

Adyashanti's story is the longest on this site …. 50 pages. It is provided in Adobe Acrobat form.   Click on Adyashanti's picture to open the file.

Upgrade to ISC!
    http://integralinstitute.org/public/static/multispirit.aspx
    http://pods.gaia.com/ii
    • Report abuse
  •  06-28-2007, 5:50 PM 24974 in reply to 24964

• simplexicon is not online. Last active: Mon, Jul 02 2024, 12:54 PM simplexicon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-26-2007
    • Ottawa
    • Posts 11
    • Points 205

tamgoddess:

from http://www.wheniawoke.com/Sages/Adyashanti.html

This is not an experience. This is me.
    I am awake. Finally, I am awake.

Exceedingly powerful, tamgoddess. Thanks!

I'm the left eye, you're the right,
    would it not be madness to fight?
    • Report abuse
  •  07-05-2007, 9:07 AM 25280 in reply to 12294

adyshanti has really helped me with the morning sitting .. in that he had said don't battle with the mind .. just acknowledge that which is not thinking

• Report abuse
  •  04-17-2008, 3:52 PM 46902 in reply to 25280

Adyashanti has a free streaming audio satsang happening tonight:

Radio Adyashanti  ~  World-Wide Access Through Online Radio

Next Live Broadcast ~ Thursday April 17

6-7.30pm Pacific Daylight Time.
    Click the scheduled links for details.

Live broadcasts begin with a talk followed by call-in questions from people around the world. Please join us for this exciting new program.

~~~

There's a lot of great pre-recorded material on Cafe Dharma as well, some of it free to download.  There's a talk recorded on April 12, 2024 called "Perceiving Thought Clearly," which is one of my favorite talks of his.  In the dialog part Adyashanti addressed concerns about moral relativism, judgment vs. being judgmental, and the role the mind plays in Awakening (as well as in an Awakened consciousness).  It may not be posted indefinitely, so grab it now if you want it. 

cheers,
    Arthur

I am seeking meaningful work.

bio: http://aqalicious.gaia.com/

I spend most of my "forum time" these days on The Integral Pod: http://pods.gaia.com/ii/

"You've never seen everything." - Bruce Cockburn
    • Report abuse
  •  04-17-2008, 6:12 PM 46918 in reply to 24974

that's funny arthur .. what i meant to post here i had inadvertently posted to your peru thread .. had read them both at work and am home now

am logged into your adyashanti link above right now in anticipation . . .

btw the peru thing sounds POWERFUL

• Report abuse
  •  04-17-2008, 8:21 PM 46928 in reply to 46918

fairyfaye:

that's funny arthur .. what i meant to post here i had inadvertently posted to your peru thread .. had read them both at work and am home now

am logged into your adyashanti link above right now in anticipation . . .

btw the peru thing sounds POWERFUL

Well, I like what you said on the Peru thread, and it still seems to fit that thread also, lol.  Smile [:)]

I was able to get on the show and ask Adyashanti about transmission.  It was good to talk with him, and very cool that there were people from all over the world that called in - this internet thingie is great.  Big Smile [:D]

spiral out,
    Arthur

I spend most of my "forum time" these days on The Integral Pod: http://pods.gaia.com/ii/

• Report abuse
  •  04-18-2008, 6:57 AM 47034 in reply to 46928

i hadn't realized that was YOU ... great question and his answer was excellent

i like how he joked that if direct transmission was all that was required .. we could go sit with him and receive a transmission and then go and have people sit with us and give it to them .. and they could go and have people sit with them and so on .. and everyone would be enlightened

as well i love how he said "awareness of the presence of silence" (sometimes just a change in the wording of a concept brings a new awareness to it)

also what he kept asking thru out "how does your mind keep u from being enlightened?"

• Report abuse
  •  04-18-2008, 11:29 AM 47099 in reply to 47034

fairyfaye:

i hadn't realized that was YOU ... great question and his answer was excellent

Thanks. :)

I like how he joked that if direct transmission was all that was required .. we could go sit with him and receive a transmission and then go and have people sit with us and give it to them .. and they could go and have people sit with them and so on .. and everyone would be enlightened

If only...

also what he kept asking thru out "how does your mind keep u from being enlightened?"

lol - let me count the ways...

Thought Wars III :  Tons of other great art by R.S. Connett here.      

Thought Wars III

[Tons of other great art by R.S. Connett here.]

spiral out,
    Arthur

• Report abuse
Page 2 of 2 (29 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help