Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Naked Forums » Nugget Box » Re: An idea about therapia in the multiplex

An idea about therapia in the multiplex

Last post 06-02-2007, 6:56 AM by ZenomOne. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-01-2007, 10:25 PM 23790

An idea about therapia in the multiplex

I posted this elsewhere, but brought a copy here to further discuss the idea of therapia in the multiplex.  I for one would welcome more involvement with the integral staff that offers therapia on the IN site as part of my memebership package.  I feel sometimes that we here in the multiplex could use some guidance thru therapia outside the adminstration road rules enforcers.  If this is allready happening pont it out to me and identify yourself, and if it is not then I hope to see it happen in the future.

It's nice to see this post David today months after it was written...

(This is a partial quote of the road rules that spurned the following questions and idea)
    If you don’t know exactly what integral means, then use “Highest or Higher Self,” “True Self that is no-self,” “Spirit Mind,” “Big Mind,” or whatever you are comfortable with that evokes the highest or deepest or brightest You. Try to think/act/speak integral. This is at the cutting edge of evolution – what is it to think/act/speak integral?'  KW

aaaa

Do you think that everyone can even go into this state of "True Self that is no-self"? or do you think that perhaps there are those so damaged and controlled by ego/shadow that they are unable to, and that there highest voice is well simply never so high?  And I also wanted to ask "what of the listener?"  Shouldn't the listener, or in this case the reader also come from his/her highest self that understands Integral?  (Understanding of course, that they may also suffer from the same problem, in which case a third intervening party would be somehow required to be able to do so to provide I don't know diplomacy verses democracy or someother heavyhanded exclusive recourse, like therapy or psychiatry or psychology perhaps to both parties who are having difficulty speaking and/or listening (writing and reading) in their highest self.  I have often wished that "therapia" was brought right down into the multiplex as part of our membership,  not just for others, but for myself as well, perhaps we could create a motion towards that service being provided in the multiplex verss adminstrative control over the domain like so many other forums.  What do you think?

eros y agape
    jess

Phoenix Rising Higher
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  06-02-2007, 6:56 AM 23819 in reply to 23790

• ZenomOne is not online. Last active: 06-21-2007, 1:51 PM ZenomOne
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-10-2007
    • Posts 31
    • Points 590

Re: An idea about therapia in the multiplex

Hi jess - Smile (like your style) :

Bear with me if my post seems - apparently at times - irrelevant, but the description may be very relevant & refreshing of how The Interplay of Objectivity & Subjectivity revealing the dynamic interactions in our thinking processes - hence awareness & behavior

Here some background :

- I'd like to suggest using the term "exploratory experimentation" instead of "therapia in the multiplex" .

- This is Goethe's approach of understanding our internal / external world. Not the color itself I'm interested here - but its Metaphor & phylosophy (now I understand why Goethe himself  was the only one regard his Theory of Colors is his Best accomplisment) :

"Newton's and Goethe's respective approaches to color illustrate two very different approaches to experimental research. We call them theory-oriented and exploratory experimentation. Theory-oriented experimentation is often regarded as the only relevant kind: It corresponds roughly to the "standard" view in the philosophy of science that experiments are designed with previously formulated theories in mind and serve primarily to test or demonstrate them. Such a view was stated forcefully by Karl Popper, who wrote, "The theoretician puts certain definite questions to the experimenter, and the latter, by his experiments, tries to elicit a decisive answer to these questions, and to no others. . . . Theory dominates the experimental work from its initial planning up to the finishing touches in the laboratory."8 According to this view, it makes sense to perform an isolated experiment, and in particular an experimentum crucis, designed to judge between competing hypotheses. Newton largely followed such an approach in his experiments on color.

By contrast, exploratory experimentation has been relatively neglected by historians and philosophers of science. Its defining characteristic is the systematic and extensive variation of experimental conditions to discover which of them influence or are necessary to the phenomena under study. The focus is less on the connection between isolated experiments and an overarching theory, and more on the links among related experiments. Exploratory experimentation aims to open up the full variety and complexity of a field, and simultaneously to develop new concepts and categories that allow a basic ordering of that multiplicity. Exploratory experimentation typically comes to the fore in situations in which no well-formed conceptual framework for the phenomena being investigated is yet available; instead, experiments and concepts codevelop, reinforcing or weakening each other in concert.

Exploratory experimentation often results in the establishment of a hierarchy within a realm of phenomena. At the pinnacle are those phenomena--Goethe calls them primordial--that involve only the essential conditions and that are therefore attributed a special status. All other effects can be deduced or explained from those elementary ones by progressively complicating the experimental arrangement and adding new conditions. The connection between a particular effect and an elementary phenomenon is revealed by establishing a chain of intermediate effects. In his methodological essay The Experiment as Mediator Between Object and Subject,9 Goethe described the result of such an approach as a "series of experiments that border on one another closely and touch each other directly; and which indeed, if one knows them all exactly and surveys them, constitute as it were a single experiment. . . ." He regarded this care to connect the "closest to the closest" as an experimental analog of mathematical deduction, which "on account of its deliberateness and purity reveals every leap into assertion." In that context, isolated experiments are not very informative, let alone demonstrative, as they well might be in theory-oriented work. The difference is nicely illustrated by the exchange between Newton and an early critic, the Liège Jesuit Anthony Lucas, who brought forward many new experiments (including variations of Newton's own), which he claimed could not be accounted for by Newton's theory. Newton's response was to insist that one "try only the experimentum crucis [Opticks, book 1, part 1, experiment 6]," for "where one will do, what need of many?"10 "

By  : http://www.physicstoday.org/vol-55/iss-7/p43.html

- Connections - The Trigger Effect (Connections was a ten-episode documentary television series created and narrated by science historian James Burke) :  Again, not science per se, but focus on how we think & act (individually & collectively) that making our World as it has been & will be

Sources :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2010590024183774407&q=genre%3Adocumentary+duration%3Along&hl=en

http://www.palmersguide.com/jamesburke/billotto_con1.html

Hope you all enjoy

Cheers

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help