Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search
Multiplex » Integral Degree Forums » Integral Art » Re: Integral Cinema

Integral Cinema

Last post 09-23-2007, 3:33 PM by ogravity. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-10-2007, 10:45 PM 28355

• ogravity is not online. Last active: 10-25-2008, 10:01 PM ogravity
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-24-2007
    • Pacific Grove, CA
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60

Integral Cinema

I'm a filmmaker who has been experimenting with the application of integral theory and practice for cinematic design, production, post-production, and exhibition...and I am wondering if there are any other filmmakers out there also doing explorations in this area???

• Post Points: 50
    • Report abuse
  •  09-11-2007, 12:03 AM 28358 in reply to 28355

Re: Integral Cinema

Hey,

I just sent you a message at zaadz. Check you PMs. I am going to have to cancel my multiplex membership for a while so wont be able to use the forums here.

Peace, Tim

"With whom or with what are you in communion at this moment?"
    . . ."I?" he replied, almost mechanically. "Why not with anyone or anything."
    "You must be a marvel . . . if you are able to continue in that state for long."
    -Constantin Stanislavsky
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  09-11-2007, 9:16 PM 28394 in reply to 28358

xo

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  09-12-2007, 11:13 AM 28421 in reply to 28355

steve brill is a filmmaker into integral

• Report abuse
  •  09-21-2007, 9:36 PM 28818 in reply to 28355

• Imichael is not online. Last active: 12-27-2007, 7:54 PM Imichael
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-18-2006
    • Tucson, AZ, USA
    • Posts 3
    • Points 30

For the past several years, on the side, I have been investigating, considering and discussing what Film and Theatre (and Photography, (e)Commerce, and New Media, btw) look like through the Integral Lens, and how to grow them.

One thing I have come to understand is that any attempt I make at trying to make some sort of homogenous definition for an Integral Cinema, or Theatre, or what-have-you wis the wrong effort.

Integral is a Lens (quadrivia) through which to look at things.  So there is no "Integral Cinema;" rather one can look at Cinema from an Integral perspective, and things might open up for that person which might otherwise have remained unobserved. 

Essentially, the great virtue in discussing Cinema and Theatre from an Integral perspective lies  mush less in the abstraction, and much more in you particular insights and ideas.

I would love to hear your perspective on these subjects.

I'm also on Zaadz, btw, but will remain subscribed here as well!

-- Michael Craig
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  09-23-2007, 3:33 PM 28912 in reply to 28818

• ogravity is not online. Last active: 10-25-2008, 10:01 PM ogravity
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-24-2007
    • Pacific Grove, CA
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60

Thank you for the connect and for sharing some of your insightful perceptions of viewing cinema through an integral lens. I definitely resonate with what you are saying from the cinematic viewer perspective…but I am wondering about an integral cinema from the creator perspective? According to your perceptions, do you think an integral film can be created? For example: if a filmmaker attempts to create a film from within integral consciousness and/or attempts to create a cinematic story from an integral perspective…would you consider this an integral film?

-- Mark Allan Kaplan

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help