Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Help us build ISC

Last post 10-13-2007, 11:28 AM by aprins. 31 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (32 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-24-2006, 10:02 PM 17144 in reply to 1753

• stevebatte is not online. Last active: 01-02-2007, 5:54 PM stevebatte
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-25-2006
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Re: Help us build ISC

John (I'm assuming everyone here is okay with first names)

I'd very much like to hear about your approach to IS, as it applies to a couple of previous posts in this forum. Are you still active in the Mormon Church? If so, how do you think you would react if someone came to your place of worship and offered to help you merge your tradition and institution with Islam, Judaism, Roman and Eastern Orthodox Catholicism, etc?

I haven't made it all the way thru KW's IS yet. But I have to admit that I came to the conclusion years ago that organized religions (at least every one that I know of, and I've studied, though not practiced, most of the majors) are getting in the way of our spiritual growth rather than aiding it, because they are more focused on maintaining their own institutions, traditions, and (if I may also be a bit confrontational) paychecks.

Don't get me wrong, I seriously, sadly miss the last church (Congregational) that I belonged to. It was a warm and loving community, and I had a wonderful relationship with the ministers and many in the congregation. In some ways, my life is poorer without that. But I couldn't continue pretending to believe in the myth of the deity of Christ, and his crucifixion and resurrection as "the way" to salvation.

Nor do I see a reason to limit my spiritual belief and practice to the teachings of Buddha or Mohammed or Ken Wilber. There is truth and richness in all of these traditions. To stick to just one is like saying I'll only eat yellow vegetables, or I'll only read novels by Steinbeck, or I'll only submit to medical practices approved by the AMA. What a small, sad (and probably unhealthy) life that would be.
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  10-13-2007, 11:28 AM 29937 in reply to 187

• aprins is not online. Last active: 10-13-2007, 11:43 AM aprins
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-07-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Re: Help us build ISC

Hello,

In order to work together to make ISC a truly vibrant community of learners and teachers I have a couple of questions. What I would like to know is: are there also people on ISC from other places than  the USA? I am living in the Netherlands and I would like to know if there would be opportunities to have seminars about ISC in Europe. I am interested in hosting such a seminar to create more awareness for ISC in the Netherlands. If you have any suggestions or more information I would be very pleased.

Warm greetings, Annemieke

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
Page 3 of 3 (32 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help