Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

SeattleIntegral

Last post 08-11-2006, 9:32 PM by gary. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-12-2006, 10:03 PM 1376

• gary is not online. Last active: 11-11-2007, 10:39 AM gary
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2006
    • Posts 14
    • Points 145

SeattleIntegral

If you are in the Northwest, you'll find one of the most vibrant and mature Integral Salons right here in Seattle. With nearly 140 members, we have sub-salons on ILP, Integral Spirituality, two IOS groups (theory and understanding key concepts), Ken Wilber Meetups, Integral Psychology, a Core Group,  lots of special events, and MORE!

Find out more about SeattleIntegral at our Calendar and JOIN US!

Gary Stamper
    Facilitator
    SeattleIntegral

Gary Stamper
    www.garystamper.com
    http://garystamper.blogspot.com/

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  07-16-2006, 6:53 PM 1511 in reply to 1376

Re: SeattleIntegral

Hi Gary! To Y'all that don't know me I have been a member of Seattle Integral for over two years now. At present I am a member of the Integral Spirituality and Core Group sub groups. I live 2 1/4 hours drive away from Seattle (in Hoquiam, WA) but it is worth the drive once a month on Saturdays for the Integral company. It has been great watching the salon grow from a few to so many. =)
    Tom Mu!!
    Perichorisis
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  07-20-2006, 11:40 PM 1709 in reply to 1376

• venita is not online. Last active: 06-13-2008, 2:02 PM venita
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-17-2006
    • Seattle
    • Posts 7
    • Points 185

Yes, we have a very vibrant integral community in our Beautiful city.  So many cool, smart, loving and fun, irreverant people here.  Our Integral Spirituality group is jammin', buzzin' and hummin'.  This month we got into a really detailed discussion on the difference between perception and perspective.  Last month we chanted some sanskrit for awhile and discussed the zones and the 8 perspectives.  Our  monthly intro meetings are free flowing discussions that are shaped and co-created by whomever shows up...usually about 8-12 people with a mixture of regulars and new people. 

We are still learning and finding ways to draw and keep new members, and we are having so much fun generating and sustaining the field for the growth that continues in our community.  

Venita

http://onespirit.zaadz.com/
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  07-21-2006, 9:18 AM 1720 in reply to 1709

• lajla is not online. Last active: 03-12-2007, 2:56 PM lajla
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-19-2006
    • Posts 27
    • Points 360

Hi, Venita,

I'm trying to get a Denver Integral Salon in the works, yet am a novice.  I would love to hear more detail about your meetings tend to go.  If you have the time and interest to share, please post, or feel free to contact me at csintegral@gmail.com.

Thanks,
    Rainier
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  07-21-2006, 5:41 PM 1741 in reply to 1720

• venita is not online. Last active: 06-13-2008, 2:02 PM venita
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-17-2006
    • Seattle
    • Posts 7
    • Points 185

Dear Ranier,

Well, i wrote two very long and thorough responses to you and both of them disappeared when i tried to post them.   After i wrote the second one i tried to copy it just in case it was lost, but alas, there is no copy feature that i can see on this.  So, i must assume that i am not supposed to answer you in this forum.   I have a lot of experience building community.  I love to do it and i do it without thinking.  LOVE PEOPLE.  I guess that is the short answer.  (I did have a whole 9 point community building plan with the quadrants even listed on the first e-mail.  Oh WEL!!!   Just LOVE PEOPLE and give them an inspiring vision about what is possible...one that shows them how to love even more people.  Be in integrity.  Collaborate well with others.  Listen deeply to what people need and give it to them.  Find other leaders who share your vision and support one another's passion and soul.

As for structure, Gary Stamper can fill you in there and if he doesn't in the next few days i'll try to add some more.

Most of all THANK YOU for making the world a better place through your own initiative, enthusiasm and open-heart that moves you to build an integral community in Denver.  We (all of humanity) need you!!!   

Love, Venita

http://onespirit.zaadz.com/
    • Report abuse
  •  07-24-2006, 9:02 AM 1806 in reply to 1741

• lajla is not online. Last active: 03-12-2007, 2:56 PM lajla
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-19-2006
    • Posts 27
    • Points 360

Ack, Venita!  How frustrating for you and me, and anyone else interested in the topic of community building!  Thanks so much for responding!  I appreciate any and all tips, tools, thoughts, advice, ideas, brainstorming, whatever!  If you ever want to risk trying again to post/email your 9-point community building plan...

love, Rainier
    • Report abuse
  •  07-24-2006, 12:24 PM 1814 in reply to 1806

Hi Venita et al,

It is indeed tragic that your posts were lost.  This is a problem we have had in the Integral Naked forums as well; it seems to occur if you write for longer than the timeout setting will allow you to stay on the forum without signing in again.  I suspect on this forum the timeout is set for 60 minutes. 

Cutting and pasting in the usual windows way (or equivalent in other/superior browsers) should work.  With long posts I would recommend cutting and pasting into a word processing program before you post - or even composing the whole thing in a word-processing or email program and then cutting and pasting into the message box here.

If you hit "post" and get a login prompt, HIT THE BACK KEY, cut and paste somewhere else, THEN log in and post the result here.

All the above advice is based on workarounds from the current IN forum; I haven't run into the problem you're describing in this forum as yet.

arthur 

I am seeking meaningful work.

bio: http://aqalicious.gaia.com/

I spend most of my "forum time" these days on The Integral Pod: http://pods.gaia.com/ii/

"You've never seen everything." - Bruce Cockburn
    • Report abuse
  •  08-11-2006, 9:32 PM 4147 in reply to 1720

• gary is not online. Last active: 11-11-2007, 10:39 AM gary
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2006
    • Posts 14
    • Points 145

Hi Rainier,

Sorry to take so lonng to get back to you regarding your question. I've been moving, getting SeattleIntegral's website going, and writing & editing our newsletter, all scheduled to debut in September.

Meanwhile, SeattleIntegral formally began in January of 2024, with two members and a vision. We had been using the Ken Wilber Meetups to organize our meetings, but it didn't have the necesary tools to reach out to people, and we had to go find them, as opposed to waiting for them to show up. So we created the SeattleIntegral YAHOO! discussion list and started inviting people to talk and come to meetings. 2-1/2 years later we're pushing on 150 members.

Clint Fuhs used to run the Denver Meetup before he started doing training for i-WET events. You might contact him (at I-I) to see if there's already a group going. No sense in recreating what's already been done. Also, in Boulder, contact Nomali at nomali@postmark.net

There's also Katie at Integral Matrix in Boulder at katie@matrixintegral.org

Meantime, the best thing you can do is let everyone you can (I-I forums, Integral Naked, iSalons.net, Zaadz) know that you're committed heart and soul to a Denver Salon. Start with a Meetup and show up every meeting, even if you're the only person there. Get someone to commit to being there with you. Hold that space with intention for what you know can and will happen. It is by creating the context for that space that it will grow.

Commit, and don't give up. After all....you've seen the integral path...what choice do you have?

With Love and Hope for your success,

Gary

Gary Stamper
    www.garystamper.com
    http://garystamper.blogspot.com/

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help