Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Meditation Practices for Two?

Last post 08-12-2006, 12:30 PM by balder. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-12-2006, 10:39 AM 4181

Whisper [:-*] Meditation Practices for Two?

Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone would care to give examples of simple meditations that one can do with a partner?  Something more active than sitting together and focusing on the breath.  Currently the meditation aspect of my ILP involves doing a simple breathing meditation and using holosync when I go to bed. 

A while ago I took a taoist meditation class given by Minke de Vos, a student of Mantak Chia.  One exercise that comes to mind from that class involved sitting back to back with your partner, and one person would breathe out as the other breathed in.  This would be a good one to try, and I can combine it with focusing on my breath. 

Any other examples people would like to share would be most welcome, and if I find any more I will post them here.

spiral on,

arthur

"All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people." -Eugene Pallette as Alexander Bullock in MY MAN GODFREY
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  08-12-2006, 12:30 PM 4192 in reply to 4181

Re: Meditation Practices for Two?

The Diamond Approach uses dyads a lot.  I'll see if I can find some examples and post them here.  In general, they consist of one partner asking a question for you to use as a point of inquiry, which they repeat again and again; or else they hold a space of presence open for you while you inquire aloud.
    May the boundless knowledge that time presents and space allows illuminate the native perspectives of your original face.

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help