Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

reality is illusion

Last post 07-19-2008, 1:12 PM by vulgan. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-23-2008, 2:52 AM 57085

reality is illusion

yeah its ok OCD comes and goes.  today im buying a set of bowls knifes forks.  girlfriend here is cooking for me very well but my OCD goes up a notch every few days and so now im refining again :) :)

yeah your what you said... very interesting to me.  i try to think of it like this.... you hear people saying reality is illusion.  now i wonder what htey mean and suspect a combination of meanings that are not seperated well, but do relate in the end analysis-synthesis.  So please tell me what you think.  some mean solid reality is an illusion and it is more wave like, particles... vs flows... you go from independent object solid reality addiction, which sometimes i even wonder how it arose in the first place, and  you start htinking reality is more energy wave like.  hmm... hologram.  matter is a hologram.  here there is still the suggestion of a definite reality of force a kosmic ocean in which matter "appears" but is not quite as it seems.  the other way people mean reality is illusion... is to mean it is all internal to Mind.  you might think neurologically about this, light enters the eye and is turned into electrical chemical signals in the brain which mysteriously "appears" to the inner eye which is.. i think still a mystery.  so yeah reality is more directly percieved as light, but reality itself is questioned from this more directly image experience perceptual concept. suppose ... there is a reality and it is wave energy like and even the brain is an appearance of a solid in the cosmic ocean.   however deeper than that we only ever in our own experience... emotional perception feels more real... somehow, the flow, the feeling, everything uh... dunno, the perception of it is more real than the graspin onto objects holographically appearing in the light and energy.   and this is one level, the other is it is still having faith in the appearance of a reality outside the mind. deeper the "reality is illusion" saying means we cannot even tell if there is more than Image.  but i don't know maybe we can.  atleast we can philosphically logically say there is a reality supporting my experience even if we cannot know from experience what is really what?  huh?

the fabric begins to tear
    and i don't really care
    • Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  06-24-2008, 11:42 PM 57753 in reply to 57085

Re: reality is illusion

My understanding is that there's all these different concepts of what "reality is an illusion" means. Well, how ever valid they are, those are all still concepts and unqualifiable emptiness is still the final truth.
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  06-25-2008, 1:45 AM 57787 in reply to 57753

please explain... final truth?  unqualifiable emptiness?  more concepts please?  i know but it might help me in my journey here.  krishnamurti i used to think, he says stuff that should be so intrinsic to human existence experience it is dangerous to speak aloud and now i understand him less, too involved now.

and i don't really care
    • Report abuse
  •  06-25-2008, 12:47 PM 57862 in reply to 57787

lol, no more concepts. but I was told that the best pointers are found in the book called "I Am That" I forget who it was by but I just looked on Amazon.com's page for it and in the reviews people had posted their favorite quotes and that was helpful for me. Got some brillant insights w/ out throwing down any $.
    • Report abuse
  •  06-27-2008, 5:05 AM 58282 in reply to 57862

:)  yeah on a side note in some cases freedom of information has almost made the mass of it all appear worthless and it can take spending $ to get the attention span to hold doncha think.  you're like.. extra critical too lol so you really get pissed if you aren't getting what you paid for like i think wilber pisses... some of you guys off even in the money making side of the integral 'movement'.  (just thinking aloud.....)

and i don't really care
    • Report abuse
  •  06-27-2008, 11:41 AM 58454 in reply to 58282

ya defintily, it's like the same thing when I used to want my parents to buy something for me and then they would say "You won't appreciate it/take care of it as much as if you bought it with your own money" made me :( at the time, but now I see the truth in that.
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  07-19-2008, 1:05 PM 64013 in reply to 57753

• etoile is not online. Last active: 11-05-2008, 11:38 PM etoile
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Reality is illusion in the way that everything is impermanent which leads us to emptiness. Pure emptiness shows us the illusion of thinking something is real. How can something be real if it just doesn't stay!Smile [:)]
  •  The only reality could be... being in the moment but, even that moment like the lightning is gone...you can never get it back that is why all is just illusion,everything just comes and goes
  • Stick out tongue [:P] never mind me just trying to perceive!!!! nice subject to ponder about.thank you.
    • Report abuse
  •  07-19-2008, 1:12 PM 64014 in reply to 64013

ive had the experience of everyThing being torn apart in the raw perception of the moment coming closer and i think there is much in the concepts we hold, aswell as our grasp on sensory reality, that we could call the illusion of solidity.  our ego for instance is another Thing we would like immortal...

and i don't really care
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help