Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Polling Function - can we have this again?

Last post 10-04-2006, 1:42 PM by adastra. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-03-2006, 11:15 AM 10134

Idea [I] Polling Function - can we have this again?

Attachment: polling.gif
    In the first Integral Naked forum, it was possible for members to start a poll - it was fun, fascinating, playful, and informative.  Many people who may not feel comfortable posting their opinion on a topic would click on a poll. 

It occured to me during the recent advertising controversy that if polls were available it would greatly facilitate bottom-up feedback from the 2nd-tier multitude, with great benefit for those who are attempting to steer the good ship AQALpop.

Polling is a standard feature in most forums.  I would love to see this kind of feature become available on I-I forums again.  I suspect many others would as well - in fact, if it were possible, I'd start a poll on the subject.  Stick out tongue [:P]

arthur

"All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people." -Eugene Pallette as Alexander Bullock in MY MAN GODFREY
    • Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  10-03-2006, 4:58 PM 10163 in reply to 10134

Re: Polling Function - can we have this again?

Attachment: DoggedAdvocate.jpg
    YES on a poll about having a polling feature, thank you.

I also nominate Arthur as the designated CLIENT ADVOCATE for Integral imps, chimps and all other species.

_______click_______
    • Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  10-04-2006, 12:28 PM 10223 in reply to 10134

give it a try my good man; i believe i have set the permissions correctly.  Let me know.

Corey W. deVos (dj rekluse)
    Brand Manager, Integral Naked
    Audio Manager, Integral Institute
    Managing Editor, KenWilber.com
  •  10-04-2006, 1:33 PM 10230 in reply to 10223

inmanagingeditor:
    give it a try my good man; i believe i have set the permissions correctly.  Let me know.

Hmm...I composed a poll but for some reason it won't post.  Will play with it later when I have a chance.  Here's the poll I would have posted if I could get it to work:

Testing Poll Function

Does Corey...?
    • kick ass
    • rock
    • look cuter than a bug's butt
    • worship Ken Wilber
    • further development of integral consciousness with every breath
    • make groovy tunes
    • have a nearly visible halo on his avatar lately
    • some of the above - but I'm not saying which
    • none of the above captures his awesome fury/beauty
    • fnord!
    • kick ass (0%)
    • rock (0%)
    • look cuter than a bug's butt (0%)
    • worship Ken Wilber (0%)
    • further development of integral consciousness with every breath (0%)
    • make groovy tunes (0%)
    • have a nearly visible halo on his avatar lately (0%)
    • some of the above - but I'm not saying which (0%)
    • none of the above captures his awesome fury/beauty (0%)
    • fnord! (0%)
    • View Results
    • Total Votes: 0

function TogglePollSwitchedAreas(element) { var voteArea = document.getElementById('PollVoteArea'); var resultsArea = document.getElementById('PollResultsArea'); if (voteArea && resultsArea) { if (voteArea.style.display == 'block') { voteArea.style.display = 'none'; resultsArea.style.display = 'block'; element.innerHTML = 'Vote'; } else { voteArea.style.display = 'block'; resultsArea.style.display = 'none'; element.innerHTML = 'View Results'; } } }

Thanks for enabling this, Corey, and hopefully it'll be fully functional soon!  (Or hopefully I'll figure out if there's some additional little thing I have to do to make it work.)

"Dwell in possibility" - Emily Dickinson

"All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people." -Eugene Pallette as Alexander Bullock in MY MAN GODFREY
    • Report abuse
  •  10-04-2006, 1:42 PM 10234 in reply to 10230

Attachment: rocket.jpg

Houston, we have ignition!

See the poll here - vote early, vote often!

arthur

p.s. Corey, lots of warm fuzzies coming your way - thanks, dude!  Smile [:)]

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help