Multiplex: What's New | Site Map | Community | News My Multiplex Account | Sign In 
in Search

Major II Frustrations

Last post 20 hours, 51 minutes ago by sfrazee. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-06-2006, 8:38 AM 10401

Major II Frustrations

I have been trying through several email attempts to contact the CEO of II, Steve Frazee, about getting together at ILP in a few weeks in Denver, with no reply from him or his staff.  We're planning the launch of a national chain of Integral Spirit Centers and we're trying to incorporate II into the plan to the extent that it wants to be involved, and yet for all of its requests to work with members on integral projects I have found it pretty hard to even get a conversation started.  Anyone else found this, because it is pretty frustrating?  We get more replies from Fortune 500 enterprise accounts we introduce ourselves to than we do from II, and the fact that it's a startup makes it a prototypical problem but not excusable.
    • Post Points: 65
    • Report abuse
  •  10-06-2006, 1:59 PM 10418 in reply to 10401

Re: Major II Frustrations

join the multitudes.  a new moniker---"I-I the black hole".  you know what else---i don't even think that threatening to downgrade our memberships a few levels will wake up anybody, otherwise i'd have threatened that a while ago.

later,

gene

• Post Points: 20
    • Report abuse
  •  10-06-2006, 2:37 PM 10425 in reply to 10418

hi gene,

sorry to hear of your frustration, but isn't i-i struggling to get something like fifty new websites launched? who knows? maybe they're a little overwhelmed!? that's my guess. but don't you know more than i do?

ralph

• Report abuse
  •  10-09-2006, 11:37 AM 10603 in reply to 10425

ralphweidner:
    hi gene, sorry to hear of your frustration, but isn't i-i struggling to get something like fifty new websites launched? who knows? maybe they're a little overwhelmed!? that's my guess. but don't you know more than i do? ralph

then how about doing it without struggling?  it's quality vs. quantity.  for example, if everyone is "struggling", then how about "deleting" certain features until they are up to speed and able to handle it.  do you think it gets easier or harder after launch?  i'd say it takes even more headcount.

the site reminds me way too much of other experiences of mine . . . at an amusement park ride where a certain family got off the roller coaster to complain about another rider "spitting" while going through the loop-de-loop intentionally having their spit land on someone at random---the mother complained (yelled) at the attendant who was only about 20 yo, the attendant was too young to have any idea about what to do with the accused who was also older than the attendant.  at the pedestrian mall in burlington vermont, if you walk into any of the shops the clerks are college students (willing to work for low pay) and they sure know how to work the cash registers, but if you ask a question about the wares---the response is always "i don't know".

i-i has chosen quantity over quality, breadth over depth.

later,

gene

• Post Points: 35
    • Report abuse
  •  10-09-2006, 11:52 AM 10606 in reply to 10603

I'm actually pretty happy with the way things are evolving around here, and I think that deserves to be said as well every once in a while.

Anybody else feeling the same way? Maybe Arthur could whip out a poll ?

Peter
    Punch a higher floor
    • Report abuse
  •  10-09-2006, 12:40 PM 10618 in reply to 10401

• perera is not online. Last active: 10-18-2006, 11:43 AM perera
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2006
    • Boulder, CO and Colombo, Sri Lanka
    • Posts 409
    • Points 4,155

Dear evansridge,

Message from Integral Institute:

“We are very interested in working with the Integral Community to develop best in class seminars and other offerings.  Currently we are focused internally and improving our business systems and production capabilities.  In 2024 we look forward to engaging the Integral Community to facilitate a diverse portfolio of products across multiple academic domains and geographies.  In the mean time, please be patient with us as we prepare for 2024. “

Nomali @ ISC
    Project Manager

~Save the Earth- it's the only planet with Chocolate!

• Post Points: 5
    • Report abuse
  •  10-09-2006, 1:07 PM 10628 in reply to 10606

kessels:
    I'm actually pretty happy with the way things are evolving around here, and I think that deserves to be said as well every once in a while.

Peter

what sorts of communications have you sent to i-i and what sorts of responses have you received?

later,

gene

• Report abuse
  •  10-09-2006, 2:42 PM 10635 in reply to 10628

coppersun:

kessels:

Peter

what sorts of communications have you sent to i-i and what sorts of responses have you received?

Well, I only had a question once, and got a prompt and satisfactory reply. I also got a message from them on two occasions, without contacting them.

I'm not trying to stop you from complaining if you're not satisfied, and I'm sure you can let me express my appreciation for what the people at I-I are doing as well. It's not that I don't see the occasional glitch, but it doesn't really bother me. Sorry to hear your experience is different.

Peter

Punch a higher floor
    • Report abuse
  •  10-11-2006, 11:20 AM 10876 in reply to 10603

gene,

i'm afraid you've caught me, because in this case "i don't know". i remember ken remarking a year or so ago that i-i would grow iteration by iteration. 50 websites does sound like more than just an iteration, perhaps more than they should be attempting at one time. i'm just waiting to see.

in the meantime, i want to hear what you and others have to say. i greatly respect your opinion, even when it's not humble.

ralph

• Report abuse
  •  10-14-2006, 11:20 AM 11124 in reply to 10401

Attachment: P7270438_merge.jpg
    M E R G E
    • Report abuse
  •  20 hours, 51 minutes ago 11605 in reply to 10401

• sfrazee is not online. Last active: 10-18-2006, 4:26 PM sfrazee
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-14-2006
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

I greatly appreciate your input and your passion for Integral Institute.  I share that passion, which means I am kept busy running our day-to-day operations.  This makes it impossible for me to respond to each email I receive, which sometimes can be several hundred a day.   

I-I is its community, and I certainly appreciate your interest.  All emails I receive will be read, but I cannot respond to each and every one.   

Correspondence can be sent to CEO@IntegralInstitute.org, but please understand that while you may not receive a response, you are being heard.   

Light and love, 

Steve

• Report abuse
View as RSS news feed in XML
 © Integral Institute, 2024. all rights reserved - powered by enlight™ email this page del.icio.us | terms of service | privacy policy | suggestion box | help